Performance Food Service Employee Reviews

Brutal work but totally worth it for the money.
Leadman (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXJune 27, 2017
Typical day involves anywhere from a minimum of 8 hours a night to a maximum of 16 I would say. Average is around 10-12 though. Fluctuates throughout the year based on sales volume. Nonetheless, work hard, earn more money. I maxed out the incentive program and was earning 75K a year.
Pros
Performance Incentives
Cons
Intense work, long hours, strict management
Inventory Control Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXJune 21, 2017
very family oriented business, but also very serious about the work that they do. The customers definitely come first to anyone that works for PFG i wish i never lft the company.
Its a okay place to work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCJune 13, 2017
This is a great job for a single person no kids and if you are married because you do work long hours some days up to 16 hours and the beneifts are great!
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Can work an average of 14hrs a day
wonderful family atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oakwood, GAApril 4, 2017
working independently, create a work plan and follow it through. The management is always there for support and assistance. The hardest part is also the easiest part...selling
Disappointed of layoffs.
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Henderson, COJanuary 9, 2017
Learned more about accounts receivables. Met new people. When job was described to me at the interview, lead me to believe that it was more administrative. Ended up being more clerk.
Good pay
Electric Pallet Jack Operator (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNJanuary 5, 2017
PFG was an ok job. the benefits and pay were really nice. I wasn,t too big on the management. Most of them were new and didnt really know what they were doing.
Unfriendly, disrespectful, no room for advancement.
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Rice, MNDecember 21, 2016
Typical day at work is show up get told everyone needs to go faster even the people at 125% job efficiency. I learned I want to get out of this field of work just like concrete, management should be replaced. Hardest part of the job was throwing around 50lbs all day long. Most enjoyable part was leaving, the environmental culture was horrible. Management treated people very poorly.
good place to work for if you like crazy
Yard Jockey (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MADecember 7, 2016
good place to work for , meet new friends,learn how to do other jobs ,better yourself, fast moving,manage worked with you if their ,co- workers worked hard, it was fun driving equipment
Pros
get to watch t.v on breaks
Cons
crazy place to work for
Fast paced, ever growing facility
Procurement/Buyer (Current Employee) –  Somerset, KYOctober 5, 2015
My main responsibility is the daily review of constantly changing stock statuses on thousands of non-perishable items and builds/submit purchase orders to cover said movement over an extended period of time. Through this experience, I have learned self management skills as well as excellent communication skills. The most difficult portion of this position is attempting to anticipate future market needs and have all product on had to satisfy that ever fluctuating need properly. The most enjoyable part of my job is the interaction and support provided by my coworkers. The procurement department is not a place for those that can handle little pressure, having an "in-house" support team is imperative.
Pros
Close to home, reduced pricing on food
Cons
Extensive working hours
Awesome! company!
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  ARAugust 11, 2015
Great company! Really enjoyed working for them ! They were very great to learn from! Helped grown the business very well, wanted us to succeed and looked forward to the successes.
Great place to work.
Area Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCMay 24, 2015
I'am a consultant for the restaurant business, I make sure that the client is profitable and has a very successful menu. I make sure to give menu ideas and updates on trendy menu items. I transmit orders and schedule deliveries. The client's success is my success.
Pros
To see the client growing his business...
Cons
Large territory to cover, lots of window time.
Good Job
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Henderson COMarch 26, 2015
PFG is a good place to work and they pay their drivers well but there is little communication between the different departments which sometimes makes the job more difficult than it has to be.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Little chance for advancement
Bad Experience
delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCMarch 14, 2015
Being a driver at PFG/IFH Florence was a very difficult experience. There was too much responisibility that was placed on the driver's shoulders. Loads are excessive and are expected to be unloaded within a certain time frame. The computer module training is excessive and some does not apply to a driver. In most cases, you have to do the modules during your free time at home. Some people being promoted for managerial positions are not qualified for the job...it is a buddy system in other words. Rules seem to change daily and do not follow the employee handbook. For example, rehiring drivers. I would not recommend this company to anyone.
Benefits
Cons
Hours and Management
Difficult place to work.
Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CaMarch 2, 2015
No team work between departments. Upper management out of touch with the day to day operation of the center and showed no desire to even attempt to learn. Always blaming others for their lack of competency.
Pros
Good compensation and benefiys
Cons
No home life. On call 24/7
Stable job
Full time employee (Current Employee) –  Oakwood, GAFebruary 10, 2015
Stability, but no room for growth. It's nice to have a set schedule. Some managers need management training or a back bone.
Pros
Hour breaks, set schedule, company picnics and sometimes food
Cons
like being in high school except you're getting paid...barely
The shared services center or BSC is more interested in the #'s than the people
Logistics Analyst, Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COJanuary 21, 2015
I think the culture was driven by cost and not as a place to grow people. Perhaps its the nature of private equity investment running the show behind the scenes. Certain filings may change that but who knows. I did receive two promotions in my six years but continually asked for more training and never received any. This is because of the cost and forget the return on this investment. My impression is that management has a ton of ego and unwilling to collaborate with other divisions. Resentment between divisions was rampant and finding the greater good was not existent. I am grateful for my six years of training and experience. I did learn a lot but also I was looking for more of a mentor within the organization which never materialized.

I would say if you are happy being a clock puncher in your cube surrounded by drones and don't aspire for greater things this is a good place. The bonuses were almost insulting as were the raises.

I will keep in touch with nobody because of my view of this place as toxic.
Pros
Extensive Coffee Bar
Cons
Culture, Management, lack of talent, lack of vision
Warehouse loud buisy fast paced difficult to connect with fellow employees
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Henderson, CONovember 11, 2014
We started early continued on a fast pace all day, while my forklift was easy to handle some employees where rather difficult management was very reliable and forth coming in any questions or problems that occurred the hardest part was not quite enough hours ornemployees
Great benefits
Contract Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Victoria, TXJune 22, 2014
over the years I have learned a lot, lots of hard work, sometimes are very demanding
Pfg
Forklift Operator/Selector/Warehouseman (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXJanuary 12, 2014
they worked you as a slave
12 13 hrs shifts.. really didn't enjoy working there.
Poor Management
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Rock Island, ILDecember 7, 2013
As I was transitioning into the food distribution business from the automobile industry I had no experience. With that in mind the company increased my knowledge and allowed me to move to a better position. Lack of communication and addressing of concerns with management led me to leave this company as well as a lack of organization depleted my ability to work
Pros
Good for entry level sales in food industry
Cons
Poor management makes it difficult be a primary vendor