Performance Team Employee Reviews

24/7 work environment
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CADecember 14, 2016
Day would start at 04:30 and end at 22:00. Days are long due to other branches needing drivers or trailers. Management doesn't teach they demand. Drivers work hard and just want to be compensated.
Pros
Friendly drivers / supervisors.
Cons
Management is minimal due to amount of supervision per institution.
Great job for the 1 year otr guys
Driver (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 30, 2017
Performance Team is a pick up and delivery company, plain and simple. Great transition for the OTR guys.
The management department is spot on. Approachable personalities throughout the staff. A very homely atmosphere is created at the workplace, that honestly, is very rare.
Real work with real people.
Pros
Great management department
Cons
On call schedule
Good have been better
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Huntersville, NCDecember 26, 2016
I always worked hard. This job save my life. It kept me in shape. I really needed the physical activities to battle my diabetes. I was able to do so with this job. Management showed empathy with all its workers. That was very confronting.
Pros
I made money.
Cons
Pay was too low.
a really competitive place to work
General Labor (Current Employee) –  San Pedro, CAJanuary 13, 2017
a really competitive and stressful place to work in. Expect so much from employees, yet give in return so little. the company has nice supervisors
Pros
nice supervisors
Productive and intresting
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAJanuary 23, 2017
fast pace work evirment, everyday was a new adventure. It was amazing experience to see how staff from temp agencies come together with company employees to complete all tasks and projects requested on a timely manor from all our customers
Pros
flexability, great manager and supervisor
Cons
communication
Did not handle my money correctly
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAAugust 15, 2016
Was okay at first until I noticed that 4 different times i was missing 100$ from my check. They ended up firing 2 members for stealing money from employees.
Pros
NONE
Cons
Staff and management are terrible
picking and packing
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 26, 2017
Without having experience in the work mee taste since I learned a lot.
I did not like that although I worked well that dismissed the staff, they worked many hours some days and others did not.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short break and lunch
A wonderful experience
Order Selector,order pick,loading,unloading (Former Employee) –  Miami flJanuary 29, 2017
U really enjoyed my time there I learn A lot from then very wonderful leanings experience,I didn't like the hours a have at the end of the week they need to give there employers more hours
Pros
Cons
Short break
Productive workplace where you can get your exercise in as well
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 25, 2016
Overall pretty decent place to work but what I love is when you have found a place to do your and get your exercise in, in the process it's like you have hit the jackpot.
Pros
Getting your exercise in while working
Cons
People were treated unfairly
PT Review
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Mt. Pleasant, SCJanuary 20, 2017
I learned an exceptional amount of forklift safety regulations as long as great on the job experience that has carried over to other work endeavors I've indulged in.
Warehouse Perspective
Lumper (Former Employee) –  San Pedro, CAMarch 8, 2016
In working at Performance Team, I appreciated working a minimum of 40 hours a week and earning a paycheck every Friday. Similar to other jobs, the employees work at their applicable tasks and the warehouse duties were stable and easily manageable. That's nice! But the warehouse does not accept forklift certified permits with no prior working experience as a forklift driver and in not providing training, it is wrong. As part of being forklift certified, my permit is useless and I am left with no open opportunities for training and advancement. Also, working mostly every Saturday aside from the five days a week was mandatory. In not being able to work overtime results in the possibility of being laid off. Overall, duties are limited and there is no room for real achievements.
It was a nice place to work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAMay 6, 2016
First thing I would do is start my reports. As they are generating I would print my scheduling sheets to see what will be shipping out the next day.
I managed to get my orders ready within an hour.
Management was ok.
I worked well with my co-workers.
I enjoyed my job a lot as I learned new duties over time.
During the month of March which was a busy month and the end of the physical year
Pros
new incentives
Cons
no comminucation between co-workers
Good starter job
CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Sumner, WAFebruary 12, 2017
This is a good job to gain experience. Have multiple retail stops which can be good and bad but sometimes you may get held up at a stop because of bad receiver.
Good Location
Swamper (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAJune 20, 2016
Wish I was still working there. There was opportunity and future. My co workers were a lot of fun. Made advancement from my strong. work. ethic.
Pros
Steady Work
Cons
Somewhat Disoranized
Fast paced and relaxed workplace.
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 18, 2016
Simple and easy job with a laidback environment. The supervisor is open to any ideas and suggestions the team may have to make our night go by easier and faster. There are a few lazy coworkers that don't do their equal amount of work. There isn't really anything hard about this job. The best part of this job is there is no need to micro manage us while we work.
Pros
15 minute breaks in between each truck.
Negative
Transportation Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAFebruary 11, 2016
I was hopeful for quite some time. In the end, the work/life balance was not sustainable. The culture was very negative.
Very fun work place and Environment
SHIPPING SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Mira Loma, CAJune 22, 2016
I was able to grow and learn so much about the shipping and receiving industry. The people were willing to help in any way. Managment was open to new ideas to achieve better results.
Excellent staff and great employer
Shipping/Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Pedro CaliforniaAugust 6, 2014
A typical day consisted of picking, packing and processing orders for multiple customers worldwide. Training new employees, and cross-training in multiple departments.

I learned a lot of time management skills and how to be a team player.

my co-workers where amazing and I respect them to the core.

the hardest part of the job was the long hours, 12+ hrs can weigh heavily on anyone I suppose.

The most enjoyable part of the job has to be the environment; without that it would've been a tough assignment.
Pros
Great team enviroment
Cons
No Healthcare provided
You will be taken advantage of at every corner
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJOctober 1, 2015
First let me start off by saying, the warehouse is unsafe. The maintenance tech died on the job while I was working there. Also there was a collapse in the roof, luckily no one was hurt from that incident. Many smaller incidents happen daily. The hours of work expected far surpass what they compensate you for. I don't mind working overtime within reason but double shifts(14-18 hours) 6 days a week is too much for a salary position with no extra compensation. Most of the company leaders have no backbone. They will promise you something and then they will not come through for you.

I cannot say very many positive things about Performance Team, however, I did learn quite a bit about the industry while I was there. If you are just looking for job experience, no matter the cost, maybe Performance Team is right for you.
Work enviornment was awful and too stressful
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAOctober 4, 2013
This company is really awful to work at. they would works us every weekend up to 10 hours a day 6 Days a week. they would not offer compensation, no weekends off, would not honor requested days off for personal reasons. They also threaten you at every turn with being fired or replaced. It was real terrible atmosphere.
Pros
medical, dental, vision and 401k
Cons
no personal life

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Performance Team. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7