Perioperative Services Employee Reviews

Good communicators and easy to work for
Client Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Fountainville, PADecember 5, 2017
Worked remotely. A typical day was from 8:30 to 2:30. Nice work environment. Easy to communicate with. At that time very little work was done electronically. Heavy amount of paper.
Pros
Nice people to work for
Cons
No benefits
Productive and exceleent working place
O.R. Scheduler (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 28, 2017
Productive and exceleent working place. This workplace gave me the opportunity to learn different things such as case orders and working with the physician offices.
Teams
SENIOR BUSINESS MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 1, 2017
Team is great to work with. The fun personalities of smart people makes for a good place to work eventhough the amount of change can be stressful. The hardest part of working within perioperative services are the constant complications within the connected areas you have no control over. The dept requires a diverse personality with the ability to build relationships and make changes at the last moment.
Pros
Benefits, tuition reimbursement, atonomy
Cons
Frequent change, acquisitions, and multi-facility travel.
Chief Nursing Officer
Chief Nursing Officer (Former Employee) –  Monterey Park, CAJanuary 26, 2017
Learned that even small community hospital have challenges in there workplace culture.
A typical day starting with rounding in the morning huddles.
Meeting and committees were a big part of my day.
Equipment issues were the hardest part of this job.
I loved working with the nurses and their educational development.
Pros
Staff nurses loyality and williness to learn
Cons
No lunch, upper management politics
A learning experience
Current employee currently looking for a new job (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEJanuary 28, 2016
Very poor management, nepotism abound. Advancement opportunities only if you are part of "the click". Employees are made to feel that everyone is replaceable therefore you feel you will not be valued for your knowledge.
Pros
Great coworkers, flex hours
Cons
Very poor management, obvious favoritism which causes unnecessary animosity
h
Project Manager (Contract) (Former Employee) –  atlanta gaOctober 19, 2015
i enjoyed working at grady theyd id the best tehy could to try and provide a great working envroment it was not their fault
Perioperative Services Manager
RN, Manager (Current Employee) –  Perioperative Services, West Valley Medical CenterJune 17, 2015
During a typical day I am responsible for maintaining adequate staffing, ensuring efficient flow of patients and surgical patients. I attend meetings regarding quality and effectiveness of my department as well as other hospital departments and how each impacts the hospital as a whole. I collaborate with other directors, surgeons, anesthesia personnel and medical equipment representatives. Additionally, I make myself available to patients and their families ensuring they have a full understanding of their procedure and expectations for their visit. I maintain an open door policy and spend a great deal of time speaking with staff, offering encouragement as needed and giving guidance as appropriate. I am responsible for ensuring that the department functions within financial boundaries set forth by both division and corporate standards. This includes creating staffing schedules that are effective yet fit within the matrix that is required. I am responsible for hiring and termination of staff as well as providing performance reviews and maintaining personnel records.
My coworkers consist of other department directors, administrative team, my clinical supervisors and staff of the entire perioperative department.
The most challenging part of my job is developing a culture of diversity within and area that has always accepted gossip and incivility as an expectation of female employees.
The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing staff grow and develop trust among one another.
During my time in this position I have learned that change does not come easily for many people and
  more... this usually is a result of fear of the unknown. Earning the trust of those around you and engaging them in the change process is essential to success.  less
Pros
Ability to coach and guide practice, effecting positive changes that provide patients with a patient centered quality experience.
Cons
Interdepartmental distrust by many impacting ability to effectively communicate needs, impacting the patient experience.
Good Place to work
Reimbursement analyst (Current Employee) –  Newark, DeJanuary 22, 2015
Flexable and a good place to work. Co-worker are a great resource for knowledge. Mostly hands on education.
poor
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJuly 31, 2014
This place has no respect to its workers. Has unions and the dues are very high and not worth the paper is it written on. Management sucks.
Great people to work with, but not for.
Operating Room Business Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 27, 2014
I have learned that nothing is as it seems, and do not take your position for granted.
My co-workers are the greatest.
The commute is a killer but that is because I choose to live where I do.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Job security. Reluctance to change process
A Look into The University of Chicago Medicine - Perioperative Services
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 10, 2014
A group of staff members, clinicians, and surgeons dedicated to world-class patient care. I've become a better leader and communicator by learning from others in this department. I am challenged every day, which may be the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Dedicated and hardworking people
Cons
Leadership is unfocused
Very team oriented unit
Director of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 2, 2013
Staff in general is self-sufficient, hard working and always wanting to do what is right for the patients
Pros
Friendlly team-oriented environment
Cons
Under staffed
A fast-paced, forward thinking employer with a lot of potential.
Audit and Resolution Representative (Former Employee) –  NewarkNovember 8, 2013
This company is heading on to great things. It focusses on the key elements it's clients are looking for, but the rate of individual employee advancement is far and few between. With high expectations and slim learning curves with an outdated billing program Perioperative Services could be the best billing company in the nation in terms of employee satisfaction if there were less politics, and favoritism going on.
Pros
Work/life balance. PTO policy, and company paid dismissals.
Cons
Advancement opportunities/Pay increases, Outdated billing software.
Professinal work environment with team oriented philosophy
Medical Coder/ Biller (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEApril 29, 2013
Initially, I was hired to do accounts receivables for the radiation oncology physicians at Christiana Care. I utilized Excel spread sheets. I posted for the coding postion which allowed me to operate medical imaging software entitled Amdoc in order to assign the appropriate diagnosis and procedure codes. The overall work experience was valuable because I learned and acquired a tremendous amount of information pertaining to the industry.
Pros
Organized and spacious work cubicles
Cons
never a dull moment at work but teamwork, supportive staff and fun get us through each day
Registered Nurse III (Current Employee) –  Manassas, VAAugust 2, 2012
My work day starts from 7A-3:30P 3 days a week (part time). I work in outpatient area on the hospital very busy with quick turn over, with diverse group of people. I learn at every giving opportunity, from my co-workers- physicians, nurses, radiology techs and others from disciplines of health care. I really enjoy my work in this area-special procedures ranging from bronchoscopy, endocopic exams-ERCP, pain management and minor plastic surgery cases. Teamwork is the key; staff is very supportive of each other, fun while working hard helps a lot. The hard part about this job is taking calls and having to go back to work after a hard day’s work is not fun at all and talking about having to work the next day!
The most enjoyable part is leaving to go home with the good feeling of having done your best for someone to gain their health back- it could have been the other way round, and in maintenance and promotion of health.
Pros
flexible scheduling, great tuition reimbursement-big help for my msn training
Cons
short of staff and short breaks