Peripheral Vascular Associates (PVA) is a large, single specialty, vascular surgery practice in San Antonio. We are in need of a Medical Assistant for our Medical Center office.
- Wound and/or incision care, as directed by a physician/provider.
- Documentation of patient occurrences, i.e. wound care, teaching, patient inquiries, phone calls.
- Refill/renew patient prescriptions under the direction of the physician.
- Arrange and/or assist with arranging of outside patient care, treatments, diagnostic testing, referrals.
- Take patients’ vital signs, record medical histories.
- Review recent procedures/surgeries and ensure patient follow-up, as directed.
- Prepare/maintain exam rooms.
- Prepare and assist with office/surgical procedures, as directed.
- Communicate concerns/ideas in regards to patient care.
- Act as a patient and physician liaison.
- An absolute minimum of three years’ recent clinical experience. Applicants with fewer than three years’ experience will not be considered.
- Effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Knowledge of commonly used medications, medical procedures/surgeries for this patient population.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Knowledge of electronic medical record systems, preferably Allscripts.
- Medical Assistant certification preferred.
- CPR certified.
PVA offers a full range of benefits including:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Company-provided life insurance
- Company-provided short and long-term disability insurance
- Health Care Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) after one year of service
- Vacation/sick leave
- Continuing education assistance
The clinic is open Monday – Friday. Hours are to be determined by the clinic manager.
Indeed - 18 months ago
Peripheral Vascular Associates was founded in 1975 and has become the largest single specialty vascular surgery group in south Texas. We...