PerkinElmer Informatics division is a leading supplier of discovery, collaboration, and knowledge enterprise solutions, desktop software, scientific databases and consulting services to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and chemical industries.
PerkinElmer Informatics provides Enterprise solutions, desktop software, scientific databases, and professional services for biotechnology, drug discovery and chemical research, including software, databases, and web sites which enable customers to create, analyze and communicate chemical, biological, and scientific information more effectively.
PerkinElmer's Informatics products are used primarily in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and chemical industries, as well as in higher education and in academic and government research.
As a Senior Developer you will work with a team of experienced analysts, developers and business resources to build high-performance enterprise systems that enable customers to create, analyze and communicate chemical, biological, and scientific information more effectively.
- Design/develop system, application and program code according to business and technical requirements
- Provide leadership, technical guidance, and mentoring to others in areas of acquired expertise.
- Perform code reviews for other team members.
- Identify and evaluate new technologies for implementation.
- Analyze code to find causes of errors and revise programs as needed.
- Participate in software design meetings and analyze user needs to determine technical requirements.
- Consult with end user to prototype, refine, test, and debug programs to meet needs.
- Identify and validate software and infrastructure components required to implement technical solutions.
- Participate in quality assurance and testing to achieve quality objectives.
- Analyze conditions and identify strategies that minimize implementation risk and/or improve system reliability and performance.
- Perform or direct software implementation activities according to current standards and policies.
- BS CS or equivalent and 5-8 years of structured Software Development experience delivering mission critical applications.
- Must have experience with Agile and Lean Software Development methodologies.
- C#, ASP.Net, WCF, WPF.
- MS SQL Server 2005/2008 and Oracle 11g experience is desirable.
- SQL Server or Oracle database experience is a plus.
- Thorough understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Prior success working with highly distributed teams
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – both written and verbal.
Indeed - 15 months ago
PerkinElmer hopes to perk up those looking to cure a disease or clean the environment. The company makes instruments and research products...