Perkins Coie Employee Reviews

wonderful company
Legal Secretary (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 17, 2016
Love the culture in the firm. The perks are great and the pay is as well. I have never worked in a firm such as Perkins Coie. The firm also organizes networking lunches and mentoring for women, minority, and LGBT lawyers,
Pros
great perks
Cons
NY office still growing
Good Benefits-Big firm culture
Nice co- Workers
Room to grow
Nice Clients
Nice office
Pros
free lunch most days
Great Work Environment
Diversity Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 29, 2016
They had a lot of accommodations that made the work day go smoothly. They have a friendly staff and held multiple events that would allow for socialization and relaxation.
A very interesting and exciting place to work filled with very intelligent people who are willing to share their knowledge!
Procurement Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 10, 2016
Working at Perkins Coie was an amazing experience! I learned so much about accounting systems that are used today and I was finally able to use my Finance degree to the fullest capacity! I felt like royalty working there, even though I was a temporary. I was allowed to participate in the holiday parties and some free lunches provided by the company. I also had access to the company cafeteria on the 48th floor, which gave me a wonderful perspective of Seattle on my lunch hour!
Pros
Free fruit every week, access to 48th floor cafeteria, training on computer systems, I took the bus or train which was very relaxing.
Cons
located in Seattle, WA and the commute was sometimes 2 hours one way for me.
Large law firm which feel more like family run business
Systems Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 24, 2015
They do try to make it a fun environment by having Popcorn Mondays and free icecream once in a while.

It's one of the better places I have worked. They do spread their IT department thin. Not enough time in the day to get everything done.
Pros
Free individual healthcare & 401K
Perkins Coie is a great place to work
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 16, 2014
The people at Perkins Coie are very inclusive, helpful and friendly. The atmosphere is one of teamwork which I find refreshing and uplifting. Fun while working is encouraged.
Pros
Many company sponsored events that promte teamwork throughout the year.
Cons
A good company to work for. Everyone helps each other.
Document Imaging Clerk (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 19, 2014
I was given an opportunity to work for Brown & Bain, now Perkins
Coie. I never worked for a law firm before. I learned a great deal. Everyone from the attorneys, paralegals, document clerks, helped each other.
Interview Process Very Poor
IP Paralegal (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 9, 2013
I had four interviews for a patent paralegal job for which I highly qualified. The first three interviews seem to have gone well, all of which were by phone. The initial one is a basic screening, the second one was with the paralegal supervisor and the third one was in person at the office with the regional manager of the department. I thought it all went well. Finally I was asked to come in for a fourth interview to meet the rest of the group. The first half of the interview was a conference call that went bonkers. First the computer tech was unavailable, it took a long time to get the video to function. Calls were made and finally it was somewhat functional. When the video finally began to work, the camera was lopsided so it was difficult to see the others I was meeting on the monitor and sometimes the camera would show a blank wall for a few seconds. It was disorganized and very distracting. After four interviews, I did not get the job nor do they offer reasons why. I think they should offer a reason for denying you a job that you highly qualify for. Despite the firm website advertising the firm as being a great place to work, I was very unimpressed with them. It's all talk to look good on paper.
A long termed company that enjoys the support to their customers as well as their employees
IT Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 31, 2013
Days to day work life can become monotonous if you let it. Days are created by your self motivation as projects may only come in waves. The company has been around for 100 years and will probably be here for the next 100. Overall they do take care of their employees(great benefits and 401k packages). The IT department does try and look for the latest in technologies to keep up with the modern world as well as be able to support their current User Staff. the HR staff treated me like one of the family since my first day there. They also have an in-house cafeteria with whole quality foods as well as Starbucks machines through-out each of the floors.
Upper Management do not care about their employees
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 17, 2013
Great relationships with fellow peers; Upper management puts unrealistic demands on front-line employees, supervisors and lower management; Upper management will make up false performance evaluations to withhold merit raises; there is much favoritism and bullying in Upper management; if you're not in with the "click", you're pretty much screwed;
Pros
fellow employees/peers
Cons
Upper Management iron fist
Huge company, zero care given to non attornies
Paralegal Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 4, 2013
Decent pay, great benefits...if they like you and don't squeeze you out of your position. Long hours, little to no recognition for efforts, no advancement training, no advancement...they are masters of masked descrimination. If they do not like you, the way you look, anything about you really, they will refuse to give you work and then fire you because you are being non productive.
Pros
decent pay, great benefits
Cons
everything else.
Top law firm with plenty of room for growth, especially in IT
IT Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 26, 2012
Their IT department was a little behind the times. I was there as a consultant to help them get their Windows 7 and Office 2010 deployment rolling. I set up the scheduling method and worked with database developers to revise their deployment database.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Perkins Coie. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3