Perkins Restaurants & Bakery Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Perkins Restaurant
Gameroom (Former Employee) –  Glendale, WVSeptember 18, 2017
Perkins was a very good restaurant, I loved my coworkers. I loved the money i was making while working gameroom. I learned how to count alot of money and cash out tickets. Also i learned how to run food and learned the menu a little bit better. My duties were cleaning and cashier seating people.
Pros
food was half off
Cons
new manager
Fast Paced Restaurant Environment
Busser/Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Mitchell, SDSeptember 17, 2017
Fast paced restaurant environment. Ample opportunity to learn the ins and outs of a restaurant with the option to work in multiple front of house or back of house positions.
great place
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  The Villages, FLSeptember 17, 2017
Perkins is a great place to work far as money wise.(the reason we work) some of the managers could abuse their power a little bit and forget that they were not always a manager. its very cooperate even the ones that are franchised.
fun work enviorment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IASeptember 17, 2017
Working at Perkins the number one rule was to take care of your guess. You will very quickly fine yourself becoming a people person. It is nice to build relationships with people that last for years.
Pros
fun work enviorment
Cons
stressful
love the bakery
Food Server (Former Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZ worked here twiceSeptember 15, 2017
The food is very good here. I love the pies and cookies the best. They do have good muffins as well. I would work for Perkins Family Restaurant again if given the chance.
Pros
good food
Productive and fun
Hostess/server, Rick Griffith enterprise (Current Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZSeptember 15, 2017
Perkins is such a great place to start out working. All the managers are helpful and everyone will be willing to help you out. Perkins also has awesome food!
Pros
Fifty percent discount on food and free beverages.
Cons
When slow, you go home early.
Generally laid back co-workers but stressful at times
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Watertown, WISeptember 14, 2017
Management and co-workers tend to be relaxed. Very flexible when it comes to scheduling but that can be a double-edged sword at times i.e. working the closing shift one night then coming in on one of the earlier shifts the next day. The work can be enjoyable at times and stressful at others. An easy job to keep but a hard job to live off if it's your only one.
It was not worth the effort
Cashier, Hostess, And Server (Former Employee) –  Dandridge, TNSeptember 13, 2017
The people were very negative and I was doing everyone else's job due to poor management. I had three separate jobs and was getting paid minimum wage to do a cashier and waitressing job as well as host.
Pros
flexible
Cons
bad pay and low hours
Great atmosphere
Waitress/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, MNSeptember 13, 2017
If you like waiting on guests and working in a very relaxed environment. I would very much recommend the Stillwater Mn. Perkins. It is ran by a husband and wife team that are phenomenal
Pros
scheduling, management is exceptional
Cons
Your working for tips
Relaxed workplace
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, MNSeptember 12, 2017
Perkins is a nice, slow paced workplace. Saturday and Sunday mornings are the main two days where it gets super busy. Always be sure to remained focused on your required duties and create a nice family friendly environment.
Pros
Discount on food
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  5180 Tiedeman Road Brooklyn, ohio 44144September 11, 2017
I enjoyed very much working at Perkins and for not having to relocate I would of maintained my procession there my co-workers and general managers were truly amazing.
Pros
got to meet alot of nice peoples
Cons
not enough hours/ no benefits
Ok job for high school
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Indiana, PASeptember 8, 2017
The staff is very difficult to get along with. Very cliquey. The hours weren't the best, usually two to three four hour shifts a week during morning hours. Usually aided waitresses but wasn't compensated for it.
Cons
Management, staff, low pay, lack of hours
Quick Paced
Cook (Former Employee) –  Olean, NYSeptember 8, 2017
Job requires you to be on your feet the whole time, cooking meals to washing dishes then cleaning. Very repetitive if you don't know how restaurant work goes. Always moving, always receiving customers, just always doing something
Great job.
Prep/Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Drexel Hill, PASeptember 8, 2017
I love working here. One of my first real jobs. Learned a lot from a lot of good people who just wanted to see each other succeed. Definitely recommend for any aspiring cooks to come and hone their skills.
Industry-leading mentorship and training
Training Administrator (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 7, 2017
If you're new to the industry, this is a great place to start. As long as you have the right personality (can-do attitude and ready to learn) they will teach you everything you need to know. If you're looking for something stable and less-chaotic, the 24-hour, 7 days per week restaurant is not for you.
Pros
Free food, lots of upward mobility
Cons
Limited time off and benefits
Work Enviorment
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MOSeptember 6, 2017
Working at Perkins can be a great experience. Teaches you about multitasking and working with people. Best part of the job is the ability to brighten someones day... the worst part is the hours and the lack off personal time.
Benefits
Cons
Work-Home Life Balance
Perkins review
Server (Former Employee) –  Arvada, COSeptember 5, 2017
I really enjoyed working here. I don't really have anything more to say than that. I enjoyed the regulars the drunks were always a hoot. I would actually work there again.
Productive and fun workplace
Bus Boy (Current Employee) –  Forked River, NJSeptember 5, 2017
Fun place to work, friendly coworkers and customers. Quick paced job at times . Boss is relaxed and likes to have fun. Was given the opportunity to step up and become a server.
Pros
Free meals, close to home, relocation available
Cons
no benefits
The working environment was stressful
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, PASeptember 5, 2017
A typical day at work was filled with arguments between employees that was not addressed by management. Some employees would express really negative opinions about others. Again not addressed by management.

Job itself was not hard and training before starting work was good.

The most enjoyable was preparing all of the different dishes served by the restaurant.
Pros
Cons
stressful employee environment
nice breakrooms
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 3, 2017
good company to work for................................., this was a company with a lot of integrity and good employees.....I this company defiantly
had the best pancakes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Perkins Restaurants & Bakery. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9