Perkins Restaurants & Bakery Employee Reviews

The tail wags the dog.
Assistant Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PADecember 1, 2016
Management is not supportive, and the restaurant is severely understaffed. Compensation does not meet the level of job responsibility. Unclean environment. .Hard and smart work goes unappreciated.
Pros
Cons
dirty, unsafe work environmment
Hated it
Waitress/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Avondale, PANovember 30, 2016
Everyone was exstremly rude. The management was very hostile and they yelled a lot at their staff. Everyone was cursing all of the time and it was just not the type of environment I wanted to be in. I loved being a waitress being around all the different people and talking to the community just because of how bubbly I am but the second I would walk into the kitchen it would make me upset so I decided to leave
Fast-paced, high energy staff who know how to keep up with customers
Busboy/Host (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PANovember 29, 2016
Workflow was very constant on weekends. It did require a lot of energy to hull the bus to and fro from dining room to kitchen, though it was never really tiring. Overall 10/10 for staff and restaurant quality.
Got shut down because of health violations
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MONovember 29, 2016
The building was falling apart, no flooring in the back. Leaking roof onto the food, very little staff. It was a toxic work environment with a nasty kitchen. I won't eat there again because I know how nasty the prep is.
Pros
good muffins
Cons
gross kitchen
productive fun place to work
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Hilliard, OHNovember 25, 2016
Cooking in the back of the house is great prep cooking is excellent fast pace great people to work and for. Prepping the food is great fast paced also.
Pros
meals are half priced
Cons
hours working holidays
Great place to work. Teamwork skills learned.
Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Grove City, PANovember 24, 2016
Management always treated me well. Enjoyed staff relationships. Learned also time management and under stressful busy days
Pros
Staying busy
Cons
Stressful at times
Decent workplace with questionable management
Bus/Dish (Former Employee) –  Hanover, PANovember 23, 2016
Take this review with a grain of salt, as managers come and go so frequently that by this point, I can't say what the place is like now. Anyway, the work isn't difficult, though rushed. People are mostly nice. Be careful asking off, because they often copy the previous week's schedule onto the current week, so the day you ask you may not get back unless you bring it up to management.
Pros
50% off food after a shift, good food, friendly people, easy to talk to management
Cons
Questionable management, busy hours rush all employees
fun fast paced invironment
Server (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDNovember 22, 2016
I loved the fast paced work and working as a team, Perkins has some of the best benefit packages and great training program.
Pros
loved the upbeat atmosphere
Cons
our store had issues with staffing and keeping good managment
A place where is seems they more about numbers than they do the guests.
Part-time Job Only (Current Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLNovember 21, 2016
I am a part time employee and usually when I'm there, I end up trying give high quality great service to my quests, but when you 8-10 tables by yourself, that tends to be difficult, no matter if you are a good server or not.
Serving
Server (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PANovember 20, 2016
It was your typical serving job. The greatest part about this job is being able to keep all of your tips. You serve, clean tables, seat guests, and prep food; All at once. The environment is amazing and so is most of the staff!
N/a
Dishwasher/Food Prep/Cook (Former Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDNovember 20, 2016
Work hard and work fast make sure everything is up to par and looking nice make sure all equipment is ready to use and making sure everyone had a positive outlook all the time.
Terrible
Baker/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Hastings, MNNovember 14, 2016
this was the worst job i had ever had . management refuses to work with you or increase your hours no matter what . i was hired under the expectation of becoming a shift lead and i worked there for a year as a host, then baker, then dishwasher . becca and chris do NOT care about their workers, they only care about bodies .

do NOT eat there after ten pm ! the servers will mess with your food ! (also don't eat there if you're not white and have special dietary needs . they WILL screw with you .)
Pros
fun coworkers
Cons
everything
Family friendly work environment
Server / Host (Current Employee) –  Moorestown, NJNovember 13, 2016
From day one everyone that i worked with was welcoming. The various jobs that I performed at Perkins taught me how to interact with all kinds of people. I learned how to manage other workers and interact with my bosses in a friendly and productive way.
Pros
customer communication
Cons
Short breaks
Very fun place to work
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WINovember 11, 2016
I really loved the social interactions of serving, and at a family restaurant such as Perkins, I really did see every walk of life come through the door. I worked with some really amazing people and earned my wages. The difference between a good and bad day's pay can simply be a warm smile.
Pros
great starting wages
Cons
odd hours
assembly line
Assembly (Former Employee) –  Griffin, GANovember 11, 2016
place top cover on small engine as it come down line place injector station also onto engine and sometimes hp pipes also. wear steel toe boots safety glassesand hard hat
place was very stressful to work at
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 4, 2016
district manager and owner were micromanaging myself and other managers instead of letting me do my job.
I put to many hours and not enough recognition for the store when we were number 3 out of all the perkins restaurants for overall customer service
Love working with the public.
Server (Former Employee) –  DuBois, PANovember 3, 2016
My typical day revolved around serving customers and making them happy. Engaging in conversations, creating a few laughs and still being able to focus on my skills and my job. I stayed busy serving, doing extra cleaning and ending with doing my side work. The hardest part of the job was learning a big menu. Seems like once you get to know it, the menu changes or other items are added on. The most enjoyable part of the job was engaging with customers.
Pros
Hours and good pay
Cons
Double shifts - which I did many.
n.a
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 1, 2016
not much to say. The food is good the customer service is good but a an employer it kind of sucks. You will have to find out for yourself. I rather not judge others.
Foxtail Foods has great people
General Manager - Foxtail Foods (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OHOctober 31, 2016
It was my great privilege to work with the great people at Foxtail Foods. They often went above and beyond. I believe it will be difficult to find a better workplace culture and more supportive environment. You should choose Foxtail Foods if you have the chance.
Pros
Great people, good pay
Cons
PMC benefits are spartan.
Fun place to work but very busy somedays espically sunday mornings
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Sauk Rapids, MNOctober 31, 2016
I really enjoyed cooking at this establishment I worked there almost three yrs the staff were very understanding to the needs of the employees and did what needed to be done to keep everyone happy I'm sad it closed
Pros
Decent hours
Cons
No breaks

Perkins Restaurants & Bakery Reviews by Job Title