Perkins Restaurants & Bakery

Perkins Restaurants & Bakery Employee Reviews

American restaurant offering I learned breakfast all day and dinner lunch as well.
Dishwasher/ Busser (Former Employee), West Allis WIMay 24, 2015
Pros: I had experience to be able to do multiple tasks/ Medium size restaurant
I helped buss tables, and then mainly dishes, taking out garbage etc, I learned to work with other co-workers, and learn the routine process to follow directed by management. This job was not a challenge for me, however the employees/managers and customers made me smile everyday!
loved it
busser (Former Employee), Stevens Point, WIMay 22, 2015
this was my favorite job to date. i bussed tables and washed dishes on the weekends everyone there was friendly and the management loved me because of my strong work ethic
Great place
certified skills trainer / server (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMay 21, 2015
I enjoyed my job but had to work to 1 or 2 in the morning with a new born baby and being a single mom. I got an offer to work closer to home.
A good student job
Hostess (Former Employee), bartow, flMay 12, 2015
Pros: free pancakes
I had a fun time working here. The hours were flexible with my school schedule and the people were friendly and helpful. I have absolutely no complaints about this employer.
fun place to work
server (Current Employee), sauk rapids, minnesotaMay 6, 2015
Pros: financial stability, great hours
Cons: work weekends, no benefits
I really enjoy my job at Perkins. I have great hours, I make wonderful money, and I enjoy working with my co-workers. I also enjoy my guests! I have developed wonderful relationships with my customers and look forward to seeing them every weekend.
Fun
Host/Server (Former Employee), West Saint Paul, MNMay 5, 2015
I started as a host. I would seat customers, take payments, help servers, and keep the bakery cleaned and stocked. I learned a lot about the food service business. I learned how to efficiently seat people. The hardest part of the job was working overnights. The best part of the job was the tips.
No pie in my face
Trainer, Service Leader, Guest Manager (Former Employee), Des Moines, IAApril 24, 2015
My experience with Perkins may not be the same as anyone else, as with any restaurant employee in any restaurant. We are blessed to have great management in the Des Moines, Iowa regional stores. Do your job, keep your nose clean, and be a team player. Those are the keys to success. Becoming friends with the management is a plus. Customers will be customers. Be yourself and treat others with the respect they deserve. 'Nuff said on that. Gain your regular customers that ask for you and you will do great.
Great Work Environment
Baker (Current Employee), Wisconsin Rapids, WIApril 22, 2015
Friendly Staff, and a great place to work! I actually have worked here twice, at separate times. I chose to go back because of the people, staff and the type of work.
not too bad
Server (Current Employee), Moundsville, WVApril 22, 2015
I loved the people I work with but theres a lot of unfair occurances that you have to over look. They are very flexible and work around your home schedule easily. One of the best GM's I've had
I enjoyed working at Perkinns. I like to work with people, and interact with them. Meeting new people all the time. Making friends with regular s
Server/Hostess (Former Employee), Fridley, MNApril 18, 2015
Pros: Good management and enjoyable coworkers
Cons: night shift...unruly guests
I liked working there. I enjoy interacting with people. I did not like working the night shift as it messed up my sleep. I enjoyed the people that I worked with as well as the management. The worst part would probably be dealing with customers that could not be pleased no matter what you did for them, and having to smile and be happy when they are doing their best to make a scene and be rude .
Good food and great co-workers
Hostess (Former Employee), Harlem, NYApril 15, 2015
Pros: Half off lunches
Cons: Management
Being that I was a hostess I would greet people and seat them. My co-workers had been a great part of my experience at Perkins.
Great Place
Server (Former Employee), Anderson, INApril 10, 2015
Pros: down to earth managers
Cons: No insurance
Perkins was a great place to work. Everyone was very friendly and willing to help each other. The managers never acted like they were better or higher than you. Everyone at Perkins became my good friend and made it such a joy to come into work. The hardest part of the job had to be when the customers weren't having such good day and came in grouchy, but we usually seemed to make them leave in a better mood.
Worked as a production leader in the kitchen
Associate Manager (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNApril 6, 2015
It was run well when I was there and had a fun staff. A very busy place. I had to work a lot of different shifts and holidays are required.
very good place to work for
Dish Washer & Prep Cook (Former Employee), Wisconsin Dells, WIApril 5, 2015
Pros: good raise, lots of hours during summer
Cons: job got eliminated
I learned that I could work in a high volume place, I enjoyed doing the prep work the most, the hardest part of the job was working with a machine that could only take one rack of dishes at a time. But I was able to get a routine down and made it work very well. I brought what I learned at Chili's and Stratford Farms Restaurant with me and mixed it in with Perkins and it worked out well.
Challenging environment due to lack of management.
Food Production Manager (Current Employee), Menominee, MIMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Bonuses
Cons: Lack of communicatin within management staff
Fast paced, challenging environment. Constantly adapting to changing schedules and duties. Lack of management and leadership in the store. Unreliable workforce.
easy/ no real challenge/ average pay for an average job
Guest Service Manager (Current Employee), Hazleton, PAMarch 28, 2015
Pros: easy work
Cons: work schedule/ working all shift in one week/ low on pay
no set schedule or set shift, difficult to plan ahead if your schedule is not done ahead of time.
depending on you supervisor, vacation time is difficult to plan out

daily work is very simple. Run each shift with the goal of talking to every guest and watching your employees. Jumping in to help when and where needed weather it be the cook like, taking someone's order or becoming the cashier/ hostess. each day is new and different
very fun workplace
Dishwasher,busser, hostess (Former Employee), York, PAMarch 25, 2015
everyone is super nice they care, but this is also a fast paced restaurant soo you have to quick on your feet, this is a place where you cant ever play around you have to be focused
Basic restaurant
waitress (Former Employee), Saint Cloud, MNMarch 12, 2015
Pros: exercise, tips, free food
Cons: physically demanding
The Perkins I worked at was downtown and near bars, so if you worked a long enough shift you would help older daytime customers, business lunch customers, families out to dinner, and drunk college students. That factor really helped us fine tune our customer service skills! It was a good job for a college student and the tips were good.
great work place with excellent bosses and manegment
Line and Prep Cook (Former Employee), North Port, FLMarch 7, 2015
Pros: excellent and friendly staff
I enjoyed my stay at perkins it was a great opportunity and promising career. living close allowed me the opportunity to work all the hours I wanted.
Great place to work part-time
Certified Trainer/Server/Cook/Hostess (Current Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 4, 2015
Pros: employee discount, make good money, friendly staff
Overall, a cool place to work. Very fast paced environment. Everyone is nice and it became one big family. I like it a lot!

1 2 3 4 5