Perkins Restaurants & Bakery

Perkins Restaurants & Bakery Employee Reviews

very poor work life balance, no empathy or regard for managment teams
General Manager (Current Employee), DeLand, FLJune 26, 2015
I would not recommend this employed to my worst enemy. They are inefficient, poor training programs, unrealistic goals, only thing I learned was how much more other casual dining and qsr organizations are ahead of the curve in the industry. Perkins is a dyeing breed due to poor leadership.
Interesting place of work.
Waitress/Hostess (Current Employee), Freehold, NJJune 25, 2015
Cons: No free lunch, no scheduled break, no healthcare, no benefits at all, I wasn't allowed to call out of work, I was required to find someone to cover my shift.
Each day I worked with many other servers in the small restaurant. The job itself was quite stressful, although on most days I have enjoyed working with my peers and my managers. Sometimes I felt a little bit put down by some customers and one of my managers, but all in all, I didn't mind working here.
Good temporary workplace
Server and Cashier (Former Employee), Delavan WisconsinJune 19, 2015
A typical day at work was very standard for a server. I learned how to multitask and be efficient in a hectic work environment. Management was good at working with you and your schedule. My coworkers at the time were very pleasant to work with and had a good sense of teamwork. The hardest part of the job would be managing my time to be the most efficient at the daily tasks of the position. The most enjoyable part would be my coworkers.
Baker
Baker (Former Employee), Bismarck, NDJune 13, 2015
Pros: discount on meals
Cons: At the last minute the manager always wanted something, when it was time to clock out.
Made pies, cookies, and muffins. Washed dishes when I first started then moved up to being a baker. Learned how to do a lot of baking. Was able to get along with my co-workers. The hardest about the job would be doing things at the last minute. The most enjoyable part is "I love to bake".
Fun place to work
Manager (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJune 11, 2015
Pros: Fun place to work, not only for Management but also for the Team.
Cons: Closing all locations in Michigan with no notice.
Perkins was a very fun and exciting place to work, I looked forward to go to work everyday. The staff was well trained and did a great job at what they did. It was a very sad day when they came in and closed all of the Perkins in Michigan.
fast paced quick table turn over.
Associate Manager/Server (Former Employee), wall njJune 7, 2015
Pros: flexible hours, family oriented, great boss
Cons: compensation is not the best out there
fast pace, most ticket times less than 7 minutes. Flexible hours and management always willing to listen and address any situation that may arise. Very family oriented.
stress!!!
server (Former Employee), Rice Lake, WIJune 1, 2015
This place is overly stressful. Some of the people you work with are nice and enjoyable. They don't like when you give em ideas and if u do one thing wrong it's the end of the world. And. U may advance but then u have to jump all over and do everything.
A job that keeps me consistently busy and passes the time on long shifts
Server (Current Employee), Lemoyne, PAMay 27, 2015
Pros: half-price food, flexible hours, regulars who tipped well
Cons: low-quality benefits, inconsistent management system, low-quality technology, sexist managers
A typical day at work is (hopefully) busy, where I can make on an 6-hour shift anywhere from $60-$90 in tips. What I have learned at this job is how to better multi-task, communication with customers, how to quickly and accurately prepare food, and how to work in an environment that has a multitude of different people and backgrounds. My management, in all honesty, varied from very dedicated and hard-working individuals to ones who micromanaged and barked orders at certain employees. There was overall very inconsistent management at this establishment. The most enjoyable part of this job was walking out at the end of my shift with a lot of tip money.
American restaurant offering I learned breakfast all day and dinner lunch as well.
Dishwasher/ Busser (Former Employee), West Allis WIMay 24, 2015
Pros: I had experience to be able to do multiple tasks/ Medium size restaurant
I helped buss tables, and then mainly dishes, taking out garbage etc, I learned to work with other co-workers, and learn the routine process to follow directed by management. This job was not a challenge for me, however the employees/managers and customers made me smile everyday!
loved it
busser (Former Employee), Stevens Point, WIMay 22, 2015
this was my favorite job to date. i bussed tables and washed dishes on the weekends everyone there was friendly and the management loved me because of my strong work ethic
Great place
certified skills trainer / server (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMay 21, 2015
I enjoyed my job but had to work to 1 or 2 in the morning with a new born baby and being a single mom. I got an offer to work closer to home.
A good student job
Hostess (Former Employee), bartow, flMay 12, 2015
Pros: free pancakes
I had a fun time working here. The hours were flexible with my school schedule and the people were friendly and helpful. I have absolutely no complaints about this employer.
fun place to work
server (Current Employee), sauk rapids, minnesotaMay 6, 2015
Pros: financial stability, great hours
Cons: work weekends, no benefits
I really enjoy my job at Perkins. I have great hours, I make wonderful money, and I enjoy working with my co-workers. I also enjoy my guests! I have developed wonderful relationships with my customers and look forward to seeing them every weekend.
Fun
Host/Server (Former Employee), West Saint Paul, MNMay 5, 2015
I started as a host. I would seat customers, take payments, help servers, and keep the bakery cleaned and stocked. I learned a lot about the food service business. I learned how to efficiently seat people. The hardest part of the job was working overnights. The best part of the job was the tips.
No pie in my face
Trainer, Service Leader, Guest Manager (Former Employee), Des Moines, IAApril 24, 2015
My experience with Perkins may not be the same as anyone else, as with any restaurant employee in any restaurant. We are blessed to have great management in the Des Moines, Iowa regional stores. Do your job, keep your nose clean, and be a team player. Those are the keys to success. Becoming friends with the management is a plus. Customers will be customers. Be yourself and treat others with the respect they deserve. 'Nuff said on that. Gain your regular customers that ask for you and you will do great.
Great Work Environment
Baker (Current Employee), Wisconsin Rapids, WIApril 22, 2015
Friendly Staff, and a great place to work! I actually have worked here twice, at separate times. I chose to go back because of the people, staff and the type of work.
not too bad
Server (Current Employee), Moundsville, WVApril 22, 2015
I loved the people I work with but theres a lot of unfair occurances that you have to over look. They are very flexible and work around your home schedule easily. One of the best GM's I've had
I enjoyed working at Perkinns. I like to work with people, and interact with them. Meeting new people all the time. Making friends with regular s
Server/Hostess (Former Employee), Fridley, MNApril 18, 2015
Pros: Good management and enjoyable coworkers
Cons: night shift...unruly guests
I liked working there. I enjoy interacting with people. I did not like working the night shift as it messed up my sleep. I enjoyed the people that I worked with as well as the management. The worst part would probably be dealing with customers that could not be pleased no matter what you did for them, and having to smile and be happy when they are doing their best to make a scene and be rude .
Good food and great co-workers
Hostess (Former Employee), Harlem, NYApril 15, 2015
Pros: Half off lunches
Cons: Management
Being that I was a hostess I would greet people and seat them. My co-workers had been a great part of my experience at Perkins.
Great Place
Server (Former Employee), Anderson, INApril 10, 2015
Pros: down to earth managers
Cons: No insurance
Perkins was a great place to work. Everyone was very friendly and willing to help each other. The managers never acted like they were better or higher than you. Everyone at Perkins became my good friend and made it such a joy to come into work. The hardest part of the job had to be when the customers weren't having such good day and came in grouchy, but we usually seemed to make them leave in a better mood.

1 2 3 4 5