Perkins Restaurants & Bakery Employee Reviews

Educational
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Bradford, PAMarch 24, 2017
The fast pace working was hard but you met so many nice people and got to interact with so many people. The food they served was excellent and the way they present it was excellent to .. which made people want to come back.
Pros
met new people everyday
Cons
Short breaks
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, SDMarch 23, 2017
Overall I would say it is a good place to work. At least at the two Perkins I worked at the people were helpful and friendly. The pay is not the best.
not the best job
Hostess, busser, baker (Former Employee) –  Ashland, OHMarch 22, 2017
Hours you worked were all over the place they couldn't give you a set schedule. Also sometimes shifts will be 2 to 3 hours long. Managers were not the nicest and did not help their employees.
Pros
good with times that you needed off
Cons
no benefits and no set schedule
Management Was Not Best
Server (Former Employee) –  Tomah, WIMarch 22, 2017
The management here was hard to get along with. The majority of the management didn't show any type of commitment, they did what was expected and that was it. They definitely had their favorites.
Perkins
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Butler, PAMarch 20, 2017
I was the dishwasher, met a lot of good people. Was really fast paced at times. The management was really easy going. Was a good place for my first job.
It was nice
Customer Attendant (Former Employee) –  Poplar Bluff, MOMarch 20, 2017
There isn't much I can say on the matter. I was pretty young when I worked here. the lunches were free within reasonable pricing. from what I remember management was always pleasant and happy to help.
not good
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 19, 2017
As a busser and a dishwasher the days were non stop with no breaks bustling back and forward from the living room to the dish hole. and rinsing the dishes then putting them in the machine. It was a lot of work for no very much money. The cooking was a very broad menu with a high demand for quick service and a loud kitchen environment.
Pros
free food
Cons
irresonsible managment
Service Leader (Current Employee) –  3030 E. College Ave. Appleton, WIMarch 18, 2017
The company has changed so much and no longer cares for their employees. They barely care what the guest like and what makes them keep returning. Management does not put guest and employees first, their wants and needs come first. Employees hours are taken away as a form of punishment if a manager doesn't like you. Hostile work environment during most shifts.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Negative work environment
High stress, no reward.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Matamoras, PAMarch 17, 2017
This company is good to work for but this location has its issues. Management are not trained properly to handle the daily needs of a fast paced restaurant environment.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Uncaring management, scheduling errors
Postive, friendly wholesome place to work
Server (Current Employee) –  Leymoyne,paMarch 17, 2017
I have worked for perkins for 2 and a half years and i love it! The managers are great, the foods wonderful, the customers provide a nice environment.
Pros
50% off meals, credit card tips same day, friendly coworkers.
Love perkins
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNMarch 17, 2017
I worked for perkins from 1980 to just 2yrs ago. Made good money, every town i moved to had a perkins.
Perkins put me threw collage, started off from dishwasher to waitress to management.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Open 24/7
Perkins
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDMarch 13, 2017
Started off as a server and then became a hostess and manager for the remaining period of my employment there. Have been employed for the last 3 years there.
I hated working here
Server (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEMarch 12, 2017
Terrible boss, terrible money. I loved my regular guests but not enough money for a mother of 2 kids. I walked out because the manager is rude and we had a falling out
food service.
Dishwasher, Host (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYMarch 10, 2017
great management , good culture, abundant amount of room to expand and develop. I held many positions at a more than fair wage I had fun at this workplace and would gladly work for them again.
it was a great experience
Server,hostess (Former Employee) –  Milan, TNMarch 8, 2017
I loved working with the guest and the community and making sure my customers was taken care of at all times. And there management was great at times.
Genuine, fun, productive, warm hearted employees and employers.
Busser (Current Employee) –  Grand Island, NEMarch 8, 2017
In the short time that i have worked at the Perkins restraunt and bakery, all staff did all they could and more to make me feel valued and appreciated both as a worker and as a person, my employers constantly push me to be better at all that i do, and at the same time, know how to make me feel the need to keep pushing myself and shape myself into a responsible, trustworthy, and highly valued member of any workforce.
Pros
Great coworkers, excellent service, amazing employers.
Cons
Weekend based operation times.
One of the greatest jobs I ever had
Server (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 8, 2017
I loved the people i worked with. Still friends with a lot of them today. We were a perfect storm of crazy kids in our early 20s having a great time at our job. The close knit crew we had ran the place almost every night. Management was not happy with our methods but the service was superb and the customers were always coming back for more, so they interfered little. Was an amazing life journey and not sure if it ever can be replicated.
Pros
Freedom and Co-Workers
Cons
Pay was subpar and Management was always upset
productive and fun work place, wih lots of responsiblities
Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Bemidji, MNMarch 6, 2017
typical work day, for me is the same routine, but with that goes heavy responsibility. I learned you must learn quick and be dependable. Management is a fair game, the workplace culture seems to be a lot of laughing and joking around. Hardest part of job is getting all my responiblities done
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
no healthcare
Good place to start maybe a first job.
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Dickinson, NDMarch 6, 2017
Very low wage. Not a typical Perkins Restaurant. Fast employee turn over. Unorganized establishment. Deal with a lot of customer complaints.
Sporadic business flow and poor working conditions.
Pros
flexable scheduling, good people to work with
Cons
poor managing of manpower, negative overall enviroment
Very fun place to work
Associate Manager (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLMarch 2, 2017
Learned a lot working here working with the public can be so rewarding i was doing the food order from time to time work hour sheets payroll training. Hiring and sales
Pros
Great people to meet
Cons
Not so nice people in world

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Perkins Restaurants & Bakery. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9