Perkins Restaurants & Bakery Employee Reviews in United States

Best job
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Poplar Bluff, MOApril 11, 2016
Everyone loved me. I was a hard worker and fast learner. Model employee. Loved my job and the people. Easy to get along with. Did many dishes.
Pros
BEST MANAGERS
Cons
N/A
Very busy, fast paced, fun and productive work place
Server (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSNovember 3, 2015
Customer service, table maintenance and money handling.
I LOVED my job at Perkin's. Income was great. It was a fun place to work. I LOVED our "regulars". Everybody was nice and friendly. The hardest part of the job was having to work with an unappreciative manager. Nothing was ever noticed and never good enough for him!
Pros
Half priced meals. Schedule worked out great for my family.
Cons
Management didn't handle employee's complaints
First job
Host/Busser (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEMarch 22, 2016
A typical first job for college/high school students, consistent schedule, gave great experience working with customers and co-workers.
Pros
Half price food, 401 K
Productive and Fun place to work
Server and hostess (Current Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PAFebruary 26, 2016
A typical day included greeting guests, taking orders, preparing meals, as well as checking up on guests and cleaning once they had left.
Pros
Tips
Cons
No breaks
very fast paced.
Kitchen manager f (Former Employee) –  Davenport, FLFebruary 17, 2016
Good place to work,you have to be fast and able to multi-task quite a bit.They are always adding new things to the menu so you have to be good at learning more menu items constantly.
Fun Job
My title was Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Detroit Lakes. MNOctober 21, 2015
A typical day was serving food and customer service. Honestly I hate to admit it, but this was just a job. I did not really love anything about, but I did enjoy the counting of the cash registers at the end of every shift. The hardest part about this job was as a member of management you had a lot of co-workers who tried to challenge you, because they did not like authority. This is what taught me how to handle people and how to compromise. Basically, when to pick your battles.
Pros
being a part pf management
Cons
employees
Demanding behind the times
Associate Manager (Former Employee) –  Corry, PADecember 16, 2015
Working here can be done but it is very demanding and the company as a whole is outdated from their equipment to their training. A lot of things that need to be brought into the 21st century but the owners and franchisee's are unwilling to spend money on.
Restaurant work is hard, but good for life lessons
Night Manager - Server (Former Employee) –  West Saint Paul, MNJanuary 26, 2016
The teamwork, the co-workers makes being a server an enjoyable experience.
Being a server will teach you what a classroom can't.
Pros
life lessons
Cons
low wages, scheduling
drama
Cook (Former Employee) –  Hastings, NEMarch 1, 2016
there is way to much drama in this place not only between employees but also between managers while I was there. shifts constantly having to be covered very high turnover rate
I Wish it was still very nice place but bad habits
Server (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLOctober 9, 2015
I had a great breakfast here before I'd worked here. I ordered bananas foster pancakes off a limited time menu. They were so so good... The bananas foster "sauce" was amazingly awesome and the pancakes were cooked to perfection. They came with two eggs and two slices of bacon and hash browns... Tons of food... All good especially the hash browns. The bacon was a little smallish but cooked crispy just the way I like it. My only complaint would be that my eggs were cooked medium instead of easy as I asked for...not a big deal as far as I'm concerned.

The service was fast and friendly. The food came out quickly and hot. All in all it was a nice place to eat and work at plus the free food as well.
Busy
Service Leader (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYNovember 16, 2015
This is where I learned to grow with a company. If I did not move away I would still be working here. I was able to go from hostess to server and then be part of their amazing management team. This is where I learned to be a leader and was able to multi task to the point where I knew how to do every job at the restaurant.
A bit disorganized but an enjoyable place to work
Server, Host, and Baker (Former Employee) –  South Broadway Rochester, MNOctober 5, 2015
Perkins was rather chaotic and there were many misunderstandings between cooks and servers. People were pleasant but there was little communication between day shift management and night shift (my shift). This meant that when we did something wrong we didn't find out about it until some time later. Cleanups and tables were fairly dispersed. Shifts depended on seniority so new people were put on evening shifts and missed chances for breakfast rushes.
Pros
minimum wage plus tips, a lot of hours given out
Cons
day old baked goods wasted (thrown), poor management
Comfortable work environment
Supply Chain Analyst/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 1, 2016
I enjoyed my time at Perkins & Marie Callender's Corp Office. I learned alot and had great collegues; the only downfall is there wasn't any room for growth in the department I worked in.
Fast Paced Fun
Cook (Current Employee) –  Breezewood, PAMarch 13, 2016
The hardest part of the job is when we get super busy and we are not prepped for it....It's a little crazy but worth it in the end....I love to cook!!
Great employees, great food, not so great management
Server/Host (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAOctober 8, 2015
One of my favorite places I have ever worked because of the family like environment and the friendliness of the employees. However, the Front of the House managers do not know how to treat employees, talk to them, or discuss important matters with them. They have consistently not communicated schedule changes, and hour losses on the schedule, and they don't seem to offer any sort of job security. I'm one of the most complimented, successful, and requested servers, but I was let go because of being late because the management changed the schedule and didn't communicate.
Pros
Family like environment with coworkers, and trusting atmosphere
Cons
Very poor communication between management and staff, too much gossip and rumors spread through managers to employees
Guests kept me there
Certified Training Server/Service Leader (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MN/ Chaska, MN and Des Moines, IAOctober 23, 2015
Great place to start as a server. You learn a lot of different skills. Serving is not for everyone. You have to deal with a lot of different things going on at the same time. After 9 years I learned a lot about myself, my values, my goals, how to multi-task with many different tasks happening at once. How to give great customer service, how to keep my cool and always stay calm under pressure/stress. How to manage other people and how to train and coach other people.My management had always been my problem. They were never consistent, never kept their word, made me work part-time hours when I needed to be full-time.
Pros
The guests were great and my coworkers were always people I could count on.
Cons
No breaks to eat, no benefits for part-time (even though it was my full-time job, I wasn't allowed to work enough hours to be full-time and recieve benefits).
Product Maker
Baker (Former Employee) –  North Fort Myers, FLDecember 15, 2015
made all muffins, cakes and pies for the day and for special orders, made sure we had enough to sell to every customer with the meal, Holidays I made displays and made sure we had PLENTY of pies and cookies for Holiday orders.
Pros
Loved baking
Cons
hours
Corporate, efficient restaurant
Server (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLNovember 2, 2015
Everyone that I worked with was an extremely hard worker, and we all made good money. I really enjoyed all of the people that I worked with, but the emphasis on purely numbers was unfair, especially depending on the shift that you work.
Pros
Discounts, healthcare, atmosphere
Cons
Emphasis on purely numbers
Poor management and hectic work place.
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Indiana, PANovember 20, 2015
No appreciation for hard work.
If you don't do your job right you can still get a raise.
None confidential work place.
Under staffed.
Pros
Works with school schedules, if you have one.
Cons
No benefits, no brakes most days, (not eating till shift is over) most days.
rf scanner
Assembly Line (Former Employee) –  Griffin, GAMarch 2, 2016
walked around looking for orders to box and ship out. kept floor clean as a part of daily duties. also made boxes if necessary

Perkins Restaurants & Bakery Reviews by Job Title