Perkins Restaurants & Bakery Employee Reviews in United States

Corporate, efficient restaurant
Server (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLNovember 2, 2015
Everyone that I worked with was an extremely hard worker, and we all made good money. I really enjoyed all of the people that I worked with, but the emphasis on purely numbers was unfair, especially depending on the shift that you work.
Pros
Discounts, healthcare, atmosphere
Cons
Emphasis on purely numbers
I enjoyed working at Perkinns. I like to work with people, and interact with them. Meeting new people all the time. Making friends with regular s
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Fridley, MNApril 18, 2015
I liked working there. I enjoy interacting with people. I did not like working the night shift as it messed up my sleep. I enjoyed the people that I worked with as well as the management. The worst part would probably be dealing with customers that could not be pleased no matter what you did for them, and having to smile and be happy when they are doing their best to make a scene and be rude .
Pros
Good management and enjoyable coworkers
Cons
night shift...unruly guests
good place to work at and fun to
waitor (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNNovember 24, 2015
you would go into work get to no new people and learn about people and learn a lot of patience to deal with people and they treated everyone like they where part of family there to.
Pros
tips
Cons
meeting new people
Fun place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 11, 2015
Perkins was a very fun and exciting place to work, I looked forward to go to work everyday. The staff was well trained and did a great job at what they did. It was a very sad day when they came in and closed all of the Perkins in Michigan.
Pros
Fun place to work, not only for Management but also for the Team.
Cons
Closing all locations in Michigan with no notice.
not a place where i want to grow
Hostess (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 2, 2015
managers don't know what they are doing. things are all over the place at this location. don't like being there. mangers don't care about your outside life.
Pros
the food is amazing
Cons
short breaks got to pay for food
It's a restaurant.
Certified Trainer (Former Employee) –  Mount Dora, FLNovember 17, 2015
I can't say much either way here it is what it is. The daily life at work is your customers. Good food brings back regular customers and the holidays are super busy due to the in house bakery.
American restaurant offering I learned breakfast all day and dinner lunch as well.
Dishwasher/ Busser (Former Employee) –  West Allis WIMay 24, 2015
I helped buss tables, and then mainly dishes, taking out garbage etc, I learned to work with other co-workers, and learn the routine process to follow directed by management. This job was not a challenge for me, however the employees/managers and customers made me smile everyday!
Pros
I had experience to be able to do multiple tasks/ Medium size restaurant
nice people to work with okay customers
WAITRESS /BOOKKEEPER (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IANovember 6, 2015
did alot of customer service work in greeting people and did their paper work the books for them as well. either super busy or super slow no one great food and nice employees to work with
Hard workplace
Server (Current Employee) –  Apple Valley, MNSeptember 22, 2015
To work on the night shift can be very difficult because we don't have enough people on staff because the gm thinks we aren't as busy but we get very busy and you get punished by your hours getting cut. Some managers are not helpful its a stressful environment to work in
Pros
free pancakes and a small discount on food
Cons
not having enough staff to accommodate customers
No pie in my face
Trainer, Service Leader, Guest Manager (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAApril 24, 2015
My experience with Perkins may not be the same as anyone else, as with any restaurant employee in any restaurant. We are blessed to have great management in the Des Moines, Iowa regional stores. Do your job, keep your nose clean, and be a team player. Those are the keys to success. Becoming friends with the management is a plus. Customers will be customers. Be yourself and treat others with the respect they deserve. 'Nuff said on that. Gain your regular customers that ask for you and you will do great.
Typical customer service position. Good management.
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Avondale, PAJuly 28, 2015
Fun and fast paced environment. Always learning. Good management with a sense of humor and easy to work with. I enjoy working here.
Perkins
Server (Current Employee) –  Sioux City, IASeptember 18, 2014
A typical day at work would start off by me coming in on time and I would start cleaning. Next, I grab tables all night. Most of my tables are easy-going and my customers usually make it really easy for me to have a good day at work. I would describe Perkins as a very fun environment. I have learned/studied a bunch of different people being a waitress. I know how to deal with a good customer and I know how to deal with an upset customer. The management is very friendly and they help us as much as they can. The hardest part of my job would be dealing with customers that come in and you are as friendly as you can be to them, but they are still not happy. I just do everything iI can in my power to make their visit an enjoyable one. The most enjoyable part would be my customers. They are usually very friendly and I get to know many different people and hear many different stories.
Pros
work with schedule, friendly, some benefits
Cons
healthcare
Host/Cashier/ Togo server (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNOctober 11, 2015
This is a great company to work with.Al the workers are great. The mangers are not stressful like at my other jobs. You dont get many weekens off but they try to work with you about days off.
Pros
Great co workers, not stressful
Cons
cutting hours
Nice co-workers, nice managers, very flexible with scheduling
Server (Current Employee) –  Avondale, PANovember 2, 2015
Managers are very understanding, very nice, and very flexible with scheduling. Most co-workers are pleasant. Most customers are regulars.
Job for Teenagers
Night Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) –  Sidney, OHJanuary 30, 2015
This is a job for teenagers. The job is very stressful and not full of benefits. Have worked their 8 years and I only make $9.25 an hour. There is absolutely no management involved at the Perkins I work at. Just working here to make ends meet for now and get my degree then I will be out of there!
Pros
fun people to work with
Cons
no breaks when i am working 8-10 hours a day
Terrible experience.
Server (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WADecember 17, 2015
Perkins was my first job I've ever had. I first started out as a hostess for about nine months, then worked my way up as a server. I can't say I was too thrilled with the customers, the managers, and the co workers. All had horrible communication, and it was mostly an elderly crowd. The servers would constantly gang up on the hostesses, or the new people behind their backs, or in front of their faces and terrorize them, making it a hard environment to work in. There were about four to five managers, and only one ( the kitchen manager) would stick up to the bullying and harassment from the cooks and servers. The lead managers wouldn't take much action, and they weren't that great of leaders. The assistant manager would sit in the office and eat and complain, and the general manager wouldn't do much either. When I was serving, the managers gave me small sections ( five tables) to take, and I repeatedly asked for a bigger section to work in, and not only that, I requested more hours, and they gave me three days a week and only four to six hours a day. I wasn't getting very many tips from my small sections, and I wasn't getting a big check either because severs make less money than the cooks and managers do. And as a college student who is moved out, it was very frustrating. The managers also thought I was taking fall quarter at the community college, but I wasnt, so they gave me two days a week. The managers also told me that I needed to get better and get more practice, but never gave me the hours to do so. This place is by far the worst I've ever worked at, and eventually I left  more... to a more professional working environment.  less
Pros
50% off lunches.
Cons
Lack of communication, horrible managers.
Fun and professional atmosphere
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNJune 29, 2015
Perkins is a very friendly place to work. The management is hardworking, and the people there are very kind. They taught me a lot about customer service.
Pros
Friendly customers, hard working management
Cons
Sense of hierarchy
Fun work place
Hostess/ Cashier/ Waitress/ Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Cortland, New YorkJuly 7, 2015
I enjoy working at Perkins. I've moved up from a hostess to a shift leader. Just looking for something with more benefits.
Pros
employees get half off
Cons
no benefits
Withing walking distance of my Apartment
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIJune 1, 2015
Management at the time I worked for this company was distracted and disorganized. Also none sympathetic of my Fathers passing. Employees were hard working and excellent in making sure customers were always satisfied when they left the restaurant.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Upper management
Abusive Management
Server (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJanuary 13, 2015
While working at Perkin's the owner/manager was turned in for taking breaks out of our checks when we didn't take breaks.
She had to repay everyone for two years. Otherwise, my colleagues were wonderful to work with and teamwork was a part of our culture.
The most enjoyable part of the job was colleague friendships and pleasant customers.
Pros
colleagues and customers
Cons
management