Perrigo

Perrigo Employee Reviews

Terrible place to work.
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Georgia, VTJuly 25, 2015
Everything was micro-managed right down to the simplest of things. Shortcuts were always taken to get things done quicker. Forced overtime was ridiculous. Your personal life was put on hold as the company came first. Upper management only cared about how much money they could take home in their bonuses by cutting costs everywhere. Penny pinchers.
Great Business Experience
Scheduling & Production Planning Intern (Current Employee), Allegan, MIJuly 16, 2015
Was able to obtain many great practices for my future career in Business. Coworkers are easy going and very supportive all throughout the company. you are given real time value added projects.
Had Higher Expectations
Customer Business Manager (Former Employee), Allegan, MIJuly 6, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: Poor Upper Management
For a large company upper management is severely lacking. There is little to no support with new employees and it is an expectation that you can read their minds. Coming in as an experienced professional I was astounded how much micro managing goes on and politics of liking some people and not others was beyond unprofessional. It has a combative environment that does not make coming to work joyful.

It is a large company but, has a small company feel so there are many gaps internally at the company that need fixing. This makes the job very stressful because of the "actual" size of the company and what is at stake.

Aside from the management, Perrigo does not seem to support their customers as much as I have previously experienced, it is all about what can you sell them and not a partnership. Which was another reason I rated this company so low.

If the management was better and customers were valued more deeply this would be a good place to work. Good benefits and peers who are very helpful made the mayhem of terrible upper management bearable.
Baby and Infant Products - Private Brands
Walmart and Sam's Club Sales Director (Former Employee), Bentonville, ARMay 19, 2015
Pros: Became a more well-rounded individual, increased my knowlede of business from upper management - Sales, Negotiation Skills, Strategic planning, Presentations, Marketing, Management, Art process for products and advertisements
Cons: The workload, I was the only sales person for Walmart and Sam's Club for all products.
Managed $220 MM Walmart/Sam’s business. Served as the primary contact of all buying, marketing, and Private Brand teams. Responsible for meeting/exceeding all key scorecard measures and internal budgets. Developed and implemented business plans that achieves/exceeds Walmart/Sam’s and Perrigo’s objectives. Worked with marketing to develop new product ideas and launch plans in support.
▪ Developed and implemented annual sales & marketing budgets/plans and joint advertisements with PL suppliers.
▪ Increased overall sales 38% from 2006 - 2012, as it relates to Walmart and Sam’s.
▪ Increased company’s margins by increased facings on modular, revised pack sizes, reduced number of shipping days for full truck loads, and implemented price increases across all Infant Formula skus.
▪ Launched over 50 new sku’s across 3 departments, including a full line of infant/toddler foods and snacks in Supercenters.
▪ Awarded Supplier of the Quarter for outstanding scorecard measures.
▪ Launched all Walmart and Sam’s Club skus on Dotcom.
▪ Developed and Managed all Parent’s Choice packaging and label redesigns internally and with WM Private Brands.
▪ Worked with Quality Assurance and factories to ensure all products/facilities meet Walmart’s expectations.
▪ Ensured all data was correct and complete across all sku’s in Walmart’s Aspect system.

In addition, worked in RL, analyst, and replenishment to identify opportunities of growth, issues of concerns, and developed plans of action for all team members.
Productive, inteligent employees
Specialist (Former Employee), Allegan, MIMay 7, 2015
Pros: Good people, Organized, Clean
Cons: Drama
Rotate between packing blister strips, watching the table (before tablets are closed into blister strip), and floating (fulling hopper, testing tablets, cleaning line, ordering and filling film and foil)
productive and comfortable work environment
Coating Specialist (Former Employee), Allegan, MIMay 6, 2015
Pros: Super work environment
Cons: Once in awhile you get a little wet from cleaning
Pick and check-in the batch to be coated. Mix the coating and color and test for correct quality specifications. Connect coating mixture and add product to coating machine. Enter batch information into computer and run coating machine. Test product throughout coating cycle and empty completed product into proper containers. When batch is complete, you clean equipment. Management is super, they work closely with everyone to maintain a positive work environment. Co-workers are friendly and helpful to ensure everyone is comfortable with their performance. Hardest part of the job would be making sure the paper work is complete and correct. the most enjoyable part is that the time seems to fly by.
Great Employees
Scientist (Current Employee), New Hope, MNApril 26, 2015
Perrigo's greatest strength is it's employees. Staff members are committed to producing safe and effective medications at fair prices for their customers. Everyone is on the same team.
Great products
Customer Business Manager (Former Employee), Memphis, TNFebruary 24, 2015
Excellent work environment. Big company with small company feel. Products are superior in quality and customer satisfaction is top priority. Adhere to CEO vision of 5 pillars and it benefits company greatly. Great place.
High turnover, great benefits (if you last that long)
Tablet Packaging Specialist I (via Manpower) (Former Employee), Allegan, MIFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: benefits, location, some nice people, hands on training
Cons: poor management of issues, bad work culture, negation of real problems going on, cliques
I was let go due to lack of work, mostly due to my lime making seasonal products. I loved my job, despite the negative things going on. The benefits were going to literally going to change my life, and I desperately needed it. There is a clique environment in Plant 7. You may not see it at first, but it is there. Unfortunately, I saw it more than others and had to shut it out.

If you are going to get hired in here, it is all about the luck of the draw. My trainer was great at teaching me, but she tended to favor the opinions of her line and threw me under the bus many times. My line specifically was full of negative attitudes towards new people. Sometimes it is not always like that. I met nice people, and had some great experiences. However, the bad outweighs the good.

Supervisors claim to care about their workers, but nothing is done to fix huge issues. The cycle, unfortunately, will continue until they feel it is a problem. It feels like management has no power, and the employees create an intense environment that supervisors are afraid to change.

Good luck working here. It really is about luck.
IT WAS A JOB
Material Handler (Former Employee), Greenville, SCJanuary 5, 2015
IT WAS A HARD JOB THAT I REALLY DIDN'T CARE FOR. GLAD I'M NOT THERE ANYMORE.
Success oriented company
Procurement Intern (Current Employee), Allegan, MIJanuary 2, 2015
Year after year, Perrigo continues to grow. With the aquisition of various pharmaceutical companies wordwide, Perrigo has maintained its rank as one of the most innovative companies in the world according to forbes.
Distribution Specialist - Warehouse (Former Employee), AlleganNovember 18, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: commute to work
Worked here 11 years and loved it. Good environment, benefits and job.
Growing company in booming industry
Microbiology Intern (Former Employee), Allegan, MINovember 16, 2014
Plenty of work to do. Allegan can be a bit much. There can be room to move and grow.
Executive Level management is great, however, departmental leadership in some areas is cause for concern
Sales Analyst (Current Employee), Allegan, MINovember 5, 2014
Vision at the top... but key departments seem to lack quality leadership. Seem to be trying a trend of employeeing less skilled workers for less pay than experience... as a result, moral and sales have suffered.
Productive place to work
Packaging Specialist (Former Employee), Allegan, MINovember 3, 2014
Pros: great pay, great benefits
Cons: short breaks
-Typical day at work is very easy to get through
-I learned how to have great quality skills and all about GMPS and what they mean
-The management is great
-Co-workers can be hard to work with but a lot of time you work on your own
-The hardest part of the job is learning to take your time and look over not only your own paperwork but other employees as well
-The most enjoyable part is getting to learn all the things about medication and how its labeled and packaged
Great company with many benefits
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Current Employee), Allegan, MIOctober 19, 2014
As an accounts payable clerk, no two days are the same. Most of the job consists of data entry, but there is verification and research that goes on around the data entry. My immediate supervisors have come to rely on me to complete my daily duties plus help out where it is needed. If a situation pops up where a phone call needs to be made, my supervisor knows that I will rise to the challenge! The hardest part of my job is having to wait for others to complete their tasks before I can complete mine; however, a little communication goes a long way!
Productive and fun work place
Product Labeling Specialist (Current Employee), Allegan, MIOctober 14, 2014
Worked on labeling to make sure that everything was correct and needed to be there.
Wonderful work place where everyone went out of the way to be nice all of the time
Human Resource Department/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Greenville, SCOctober 7, 2014
Pros: lovely people, wonderful benefits, and exceptional working conditions
Cons: at times i would be stuck at the receptionist desk, and would need a break, but those times were few, but people would forget to re-leave me at times, and would get on me for not calling them.
Took resumes and job applications, reviewed and verified information. Assisted with new hires, and exit interviews, management was just wonderful. I worked the switchboard as well and maintained over 400 telephone lines and assisted with installation of VOIP telephone system. Hardest part of the job is not eating to much everyone was always bringing in food. Sorted mail and distributed it, handled all postage and outgoing mail. The most enjoyable part was just being at work, I never had a day that I wanted to stay in bed. Assisted with visitors and helped with travel plans as well as scheduling meetings, and weekly update and announcements. Was a international company and had to schedule conference calls and make sure all people were at meetings on time.
Good Place to work
Associate Scientist/Scientist (Current Employee), Allegan, MIOctober 7, 2014
Perrigo is a good place to work and is a strong growing company
Good place with great pay
Distribution Specialist (Former Employee), Allegan, MISeptember 29, 2014
Great pay and benefits management cares about there workers and communication is always open and free.

1 2 3 4

About Perrigo

From its beginnings as a packager of generic home remedies in 1887, Allegan, Michigan-based Perrigo Company has grown to become – Read more

Perrigo Salaries