Perrigo Employee Reviews

Working on the computer with great graphic software
Graphic Specialist (Former Employee) –  Allegan, MINovember 18, 2017
Loved to work with images on the computer. Challenging working with the FDA's requirements. Had to be very accurate. Always new opportunity for learning. Great group of talented people to work with. Very friendly environment. Challenging working with agencies, but putting together image with product was very worthwhile.
Pros
Great people to work for and under.
Cons
Most be very accurate
review perrigo
Tablet Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Allegan, MINovember 6, 2017
Great pay with great benefits if this is the type of work you wouldn't mind its a great company to work for.
Hardest part of the job is working with so many different people, and dealing with drama from employees.
Pros
benefits, vacation time, pay is great
Cons
supervisors come and go to often
Very proffessional and highly trained work force
Contract - Continuous Improvement Engineer (Former Employee) –  Allegan, MINovember 3, 2017
The management teams and production teams worked well together. The open communication and willingness to share allowed for a large number of continuous improvements
Pros
Open and direct communiction
Like working here, looking to further my career.
COATING SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Allegan, MIOctober 30, 2017
I like working for Perrigo, I am looking to further my career in manufacturing, or Quality. The culture at Perrigo is good depending on what department your working in. The pay, and time off is very good.
The hardest part of my day is being on my feet all day. The most enjoyable part of the job, is working with my great co-workers.
Pros
Pay, vacation time.
Cons
Terrible management.
Very Junior High School mentality.
Packaging Specialist (Current Employee) –  Allegan, MIOctober 30, 2017
High drama. Very Cliquey. If you are not on the in crowd forget about advancing. It's not what you know, it's who you know. Trust NOONE! watch your back. VERY stressful.
Pros
Paid a rediculous amount of money for what the job intails.
Cons
Everything else. they hand out written warnings like nothing.
productive and fast paced
Machine Operator/Packer (Former Employee) –  Georgia Center, VTOctober 22, 2017
a normal twelve hour day can get stressful but the jobs themselves are fairly easy to learn aside from all the paperwork and hourly checks with the hardest thing about the job being the down time and waiting for things to get fixed
Pros
great benefits and quarterly bonuses
Cons
short breaks and lack of job advancement
People are leaving right and left.......Integrity is a huge issue
Packaging Specialist (Current Employee) –  Allegan, MIOctober 19, 2017
The benefits and compensation are very good. However, do not plan on taking your career very far unless you are a favorite. They preach integrity and honesty, but do not follow it! Been here for 5 years and it is getting worse! If you are a very trusting person, do not work here!!!!
Pros
Compensation
A Great Company With Awesome Benefits
Packaging Specialist (Former Employee) –  Allegan, MI 49010October 7, 2017
As my first job, it laid the foundation for me as to what was required of a company I would want to work for. They had great training, they cared for their workers, they had amazing benefits, and they welcomed idea's for improvement. The benefits were fantastic as well. I'm really upset I had an allergic reaction while working, or I'd still be there indefinitely!
Pros
Healthcare, Medicine, Good Pay, Competitive
Cons
Distance, Mandatory OT
Repeative but good
Tablet Packaging Specialist (Former Employee) –  Allegan, MIOctober 4, 2017
Fun place to work with good compensation for your time although certain shifts will possibly work every other weekend including Sundays but overtime and double time will apply. Bonuses, 401k matching, tuition reimbursement.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
long work weeks
Fast paced and focused job.
Packaging specislist (Former Employee) –  Allegan, MIOctober 1, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Perrigo, management was good. Enjoyed all the fellow employees. We needed to stay focused on the task at hand, following all the Standard Work Instructions. As a over the counter pharmaceutical company all Batch records had to be completed and accurate.
Production minded, Great benefits and Pay
Tablet Manufacturing (Current Employee) –  Allegan, MISeptember 22, 2017
Nice place to work and pays very well for the work being accomplished. The provided insurance is competitive and the match on 401k is good. The coworkers are easy to get along with.
Sales
Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 22, 2017
Typical day is slow with little to no work.. You're given responsibility but no authority to do anything. More of an administrative role than what is advertised.
Pros
Cheap benefits and company store
Cons
no advancement and lack of ownership
Pleasant place to work.
Snow Removal and Cleaning Technician (Former Employee) –  Allegan, MISeptember 20, 2017
The day was to slow for me I literally cleaned skids and pots all day long for 8 hours. The learning process was nothing new just a lot of rules. Management should have been around a bit more but with how many buildings their are they usually were busy elsewhere. Work place culture was like being in high school a lot of drama but everyone was forty and above so i just kept to myself and did what i had to during work hours to cover my back such as paper work. The job was quaint and easy not hard at all. For the first four months i worked their i worked as maintenance tech helping the more experienced gentlemen complete their task and that was enjoyable for me to hear their stories and also learn new tricks.
Pros
Easy tasks.
Cons
To slow paced.
Lack of teamwork and poor departmental leadership
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Allegan, MISeptember 18, 2017
Overall, the plant management lacked strategic vision and did not promote a teamwork based environment. Department Manager had few leadership skills and exhibited poor interpersonal and communication skills. She was not respected nor trusted by hourly or salaried associates in the department. Day to day working environment was stressful and difficult to comfortably work in. On the up side, there are many great employees that work there and are trying to "do the right" thing to the best of their ability. The benefits overall are acceptable and they do offer substantial employee discounts for the products that are produced there.
Pros
Employee discounts for products, good health benefits
Cons
Poor upper managment practices, lack of trust in environment, wasteful procedures/practices
Long hours with great pay
Project Coordinator / Packaging Specialist (Former Employee) –  Allegan, MISeptember 7, 2017
If you are seeking compensation for a basic entry level position, look no further. Keep in mind that doing so you will have no life outside work to actually spend this money. There is very poor management in the last 10 years or so with this family company turning into a business full of just out of high school teens and lots of drama. People will throw you under the bus for their benefit and you will likely be stuck at your job for years on end. If you ever expect to work on 1st shift, expect to be here for 40+ years before you meet the "seniority" requirement.
Pros
Occassional rewards that never mattered
Cons
No life outside of work and very stressful days
Great Atmosphere
Internship (Former Employee) –  Allegan, MIAugust 31, 2017
This was a great place to work. Colleagues were exceptional at their jobs. Fast paced environment made time at work quickly go by. Management was very good.
Pros
Time off, company incentives
Cons
Many hours working
good place to work
respect to all
nice location
cooperative seniors
comfortable in leaves
overall good place to work
Pros
healthy enviornment
Cons
small group
Work you hard
Quality Assurance Audit Technician (Former Employee) –  Allegan, MIAugust 29, 2017
Long weeks with mandatory overtime. If you don't come in for your mandatory weekend they will write you up for missing it. Pay is fair, if you like overtime you can make a good living.
Pros
Lots of overtime available
Cons
sometimes you feel like a robot
Looking forward to the future.
Quality (Current Employee) –  Allegan, MIAugust 23, 2017
Perrigo is a great place to work. I have worked there for many years and have had many opportunities for advancement. Perrigo, while it is a large, global organization, it has been able to maintain its small company feel in many ways.
Pros
Great people, benefits, compenstion
Cons
Restructuring and cost constraints
a decent place to work.
Distribution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Allegan, MIAugust 22, 2017
The company overall is good. I left for physical and personal reasons. The job was pretty easy and I liked the people I worked with. working with FDA regulations is hard.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Perrigo. Our community is ready to answer.