Perrigo

Perrigo United States Employee Reviews

Great products
Customer Business Manager (Former Employee), Memphis, TNFebruary 24, 2015
Excellent work environment. Big company with small company feel. Products are superior in quality and customer satisfaction is top priority. Adhere to CEO vision of 5 pillars and it benefits company greatly. Great place.
High turnover, great benefits (if you last that long)
Tablet Packaging Specialist I (via Manpower) (Former Employee), Allegan, MIFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: benefits, location, some nice people, hands on training
Cons: poor management of issues, bad work culture, negation of real problems going on, cliques
I was let go due to lack of work, mostly due to my lime making seasonal products. I loved my job, despite the negative things going on. The benefits were going to literally going to change my life, and I desperately needed it. There is a clique environment in Plant 7. You may not see it at first, but it is there. Unfortunately, I saw it more than others and had to shut it out.

If you are going to get hired in here, it is all about the luck of the draw. My trainer was great at teaching me, but she tended to favor the opinions of her line and threw me under the bus many times. My line specifically was full of negative attitudes towards new people. Sometimes it is not always like that. I met nice people, and had some great experiences. However, the bad outweighs the good.

Supervisors claim to care about their workers, but nothing is done to fix huge issues. The cycle, unfortunately, will continue until they feel it is a problem. It feels like management has no power, and the employees create an intense environment that supervisors are afraid to change.

Good luck working here. It really is about luck.
IT WAS A JOB
Material Handler (Former Employee), Greenville, SCJanuary 5, 2015
IT WAS A HARD JOB THAT I REALLY DIDN'T CARE FOR. GLAD I'M NOT THERE ANYMORE.
Success oriented company
Procurement Intern (Current Employee), Allegan, MIJanuary 2, 2015
Year after year, Perrigo continues to grow. With the aquisition of various pharmaceutical companies wordwide, Perrigo has maintained its rank as one of the most innovative companies in the world according to forbes.
Distribution Specialist - Warehouse (Former Employee), AlleganNovember 18, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: commute to work
Worked here 11 years and loved it. Good environment, benefits and job.
Growing company in booming industry
Microbiology Intern (Former Employee), Allegan, MINovember 16, 2014
Plenty of work to do. Allegan can be a bit much. There can be room to move and grow.
Executive Level management is great, however, departmental leadership in some areas is cause for concern
Sales Analyst (Current Employee), Allegan, MINovember 5, 2014
Vision at the top... but key departments seem to lack quality leadership. Seem to be trying a trend of employeeing less skilled workers for less pay than experience... as a result, moral and sales have suffered.
Productive place to work
Packaging Specialist (Former Employee), Allegan, MINovember 3, 2014
Pros: great pay, great benefits
Cons: short breaks
-Typical day at work is very easy to get through
-I learned how to have great quality skills and all about GMPS and what they mean
-The management is great
-Co-workers can be hard to work with but a lot of time you work on your own
-The hardest part of the job is learning to take your time and look over not only your own paperwork but other employees as well
-The most enjoyable part is getting to learn all the things about medication and how its labeled and packaged
Great company with many benefits
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Current Employee), Allegan, MIOctober 19, 2014
As an accounts payable clerk, no two days are the same. Most of the job consists of data entry, but there is verification and research that goes on around the data entry. My immediate supervisors have come to rely on me to complete my daily duties plus help out where it is needed. If a situation pops up where a phone call needs to be made, my supervisor knows that I will rise to the challenge! The hardest part of my job is having to wait for others to complete their tasks before I can complete mine; however, a little communication goes a long way!
Productive and fun work place
Product Labeling Specialist (Current Employee), Allegan, MIOctober 14, 2014
Worked on labeling to make sure that everything was correct and needed to be there.
Wonderful work place where everyone went out of the way to be nice all of the time
Human Resource Department/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Greenville, SCOctober 7, 2014
Pros: lovely people, wonderful benefits, and exceptional working conditions
Cons: at times i would be stuck at the receptionist desk, and would need a break, but those times were few, but people would forget to re-leave me at times, and would get on me for not calling them.
Took resumes and job applications, reviewed and verified information. Assisted with new hires, and exit interviews, management was just wonderful. I worked the switchboard as well and maintained over 400 telephone lines and assisted with installation of VOIP telephone system. Hardest part of the job is not eating to much everyone was always bringing in food. Sorted mail and distributed it, handled all postage and outgoing mail. The most enjoyable part was just being at work, I never had a day that I wanted to stay in bed. Assisted with visitors and helped with travel plans as well as scheduling meetings, and weekly update and announcements. Was a international company and had to schedule conference calls and make sure all people were at meetings on time.
Good Place to work
Associate Scientist/Scientist (Current Employee), Allegan, MIOctober 7, 2014
Perrigo is a good place to work and is a strong growing company
Good place with great pay
Distribution Specialist (Former Employee), Allegan, MISeptember 29, 2014
Great pay and benefits management cares about there workers and communication is always open and free.
fast paced and productive
DC Attendant (Former Employee), Greenville, SCSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: good atmosphere. decent people
Cons: short breaks. micro managing
I would check equipment daily to make sure they fit requirements to operate. I would pick, pack, and ship orders provided to me by shift lead. I worked with a bunch of diverse people in the warehouse which made the job interesting. Hardest part about the job was ensuring accuracy for the orders to be shipped out and meeting production requirements.
Clean
Machinist, and Packer (Former Employee), Holland, MISeptember 18, 2014
Learned how to run medication lines. Very easy job and good pay rate.
productive place to work.
Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Duncan, SCSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: free medicine
Cons: short breaks
a great place to work. Advancement isn't available inside Perrigo DC. The atmosphere is wonderful, and I love working with the staff.
Quality production and no pros and cos
Operator/Laborer (Current Employee), Bronx, NYAugust 19, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Team orientated environment running a production line consist of a group of people working together.

I learn new things everyday because I have to operate different machines all depending on the product being run in a specific day.

The hardest part is working overnight 10 hrs but manageable.

Working in a good team environment because the day goes quick and also you are constantly learning from different people.
I have learned a lot at the company
Quality Assurance Technician II (Current Employee), Allegan, MIAugust 10, 2014
Pros: increased knowledge base, incouraged to participate in improvement projects
Cons: stressfull at times, no job security, management could improve
* Constanly required to acess the individual situation
* Enjoy the ability of utilizing experience to make decisions
* Fast paced
* Encourged to participate in improvement
* Manager (s) need work to improve
* could work on communication improvement
* No job security
Mechanics
Industrial Machine Technician (Former Employee), Bronx, NYAugust 6, 2014
Pros: learning the process a packaged product goes through before the consumer gets, was an amazing experience.
Cons: down-sizing
During this time i worked as a mechanic working with industrial machines which our local stores and pharmacies carry their products. I learned how to pin point problems and maintain the machines in working order. The best time for me I'd say would be when there was a problem so simple and I couldn't spot it being that i was new. But i took that as encouragement to paying attention to details and since then I've come a long way.
Learning center for OTC product development to US/ UK / Australia market
Principal Scientist (Current Employee), Piscataway, New JerseyJuly 23, 2014
Pros: reputed in public
Cons: less focus on employess upgradations and elevation
By working at Perrigo Piscataway , I am exposed to very complex OTC Generic product development targeting to US market that is positive part of whole carrier. This is world largest OTC manufacturing company but Management is need to raise up standards of world class., this is the hardest part and also management have no clear policy for elevation of people and they are less interested in titles and merits of the scientists.

1 2 3 4

About Perrigo

From its beginnings as a packager of generic home remedies in 1887, Allegan, Michigan-based Perrigo Company has grown to become – Read more

Perrigo Salaries