Senior Purchasing Agent
Perrin, Inc., located in Comstock Park, Michigan, is a nationally recognized leader in the screenprint and embroidery industry, specializing in resort and collegiate decorated apparel. Our outstanding service, delivery and dedication to our customers have won numerous industry awards throughout our 16-year history and contributed to our growing success.
Perrin is currently looking for a Senior Purchasing Agent, who is a career minded, motivated individual with at least 5 years proven experience with forecasting, buying and inventory management in a fast paced manufacturing environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Planning, forecasting, buying and inventory management.
- Responsible for managing the daily operations of the Purchasing Department, placement of orders, expediting orders, follow up of backorders, and day-to-day liaison with other departments.
- Ensures that products are ordered in a timely manner and works directly with vendors to resolve shipment discrepancies and errors.
- Analyzes and reports on current sales trends by product, color and size.
- Work with Sales Department to establish projections and inventory flow for key items and programs. Meet with other departments to proactively assess/project future needs.
- Develop a clear understanding of product and pricing.
- Purchase order reconciliation.
- Weekly review of inventory levels which include program, key account and imports to insure stock availability.
- Work closely with Merchandising and Sales to manage and develop exit strategies by identifying what stock to move into closeouts or promotions effectively.
- Strong negotiating, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Must be able to proactively collect information, analyze needs and make decisions.
- Strong track record of financial data analysis, budget planning, inventory management, and driving procurement strategies.
- Analytical skills: Must be able to create and understand financial reports, and use data to determine cause and effect for complex problem solving.
- Must be very detail-oriented and self motivated.
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, listening, communication and presentation skills.
- Provides regular, detailed feedback.
- Results-oriented and deadline driven.
- Efficient in a high volume, fast-paced and multi-tasked work environment with employees and managers at all levels.
- Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities.
- Team-oriented and career-focused.
- Ability to take on a proactive role through excellent organization skills and the ability to prioritize workloads to meet deadlines.
- Furnish training, work direction and backup for associate buyer.
- Commitment to company values and ethics.
Education and Experience:
- 5 years proven experience with forecasting, buying and inventory management in a manufacturing environment. College degree is a plus.
- Managed at least $18M+ in annualized spend.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
We offer a competitive salary and benefit package, which includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Company Paid and Optional Life Insurance
- Merchandise Discount
- Voluntary Benefits, including Short Term Disability
- ESOP – Employee Stock Option Plan
- 401(k) Savings Plan with match
- Vacation Time
- Paid Holidays
Compensation is commensurate with experience.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
No phone calls please.
Indeed - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
Perrin, Inc. was established in 1981 servicing Michigan souvenir outlets. Today, we have partnerships that span nationwide in a variety of...