Perry's Ice Cream Employee Reviews

Good Company
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Akron, NYDecember 1, 2014
Good company to work for especially in the upstate new york area. they are very well known in the community and have a good reputation and care about keeping it that way. Seem to really care about family so the work life balance is pretty good. You will have some long days but for the most part 8-9hour shifts are the norm.
No Communication
DSD RELIEF DRIVER (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PaOctober 30, 2014
Pros: decent pay
Cons: no communication
You are basically on your own. There is hardly any communication from the Management team who is based in Akron, NY. There is no management presence in Pittsburgh, PA. If you have an issue or a question, you cannot get a hold of anyone in NY. I would leave phone messages, texts, and emails for someone to call me and would not receive a response, and if I did, it would be days later.
was a mechanic on the line that makes ice cream
Technician/Mechanic (Former Employee), Akron, NYAugust 2, 2014
it was a real nice place to work I enjoyed making a product that customers would rave about.
Very Positive and supportive atmosphere
Regional Manager / Driver - Pittsburgh, PA (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: flexability
Cons: wages, communication
Oversaw the complete operations of the Pittsburgh market.
Including but not limited to;
Routing, hiring, training, scheduling, evaluations, customer/vendor relations, truck service, etc.... Pretty much if it happened in the Pittsburgh Market, and it dealt with Ice Cream, I knew about it. Or at least was supposed to!
Troubled distance, Happy worker!
Distribution Center Associate (Former Employee), Akron, NYJanuary 4, 2014
Pros: free ice cream, benefits, pay rate
Cons: late hours, distance, tempature
A typical day at Perry's would be 16 hours of hard working workers in a freezer. I've learned new techniques, how to work equipment, & how to better with my team work skills. The hardest part of the job was to be in such cold temperatures for long periods of time. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing I had a good staff working with me & to teach me more as I moved up.