Perry's Ice Cream Employee Reviews

No Direction
IT Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Akron, NYOctober 23, 2016
I was in the IT Department. This place offers no training or direction in how you perform your job. It's basically a throw you to the wolves mentality. If you do make a mistake you are offered no guidance on what to do to correct it.
Pros
Free ice cream
Cons
On call 24/7/365
A day of an Order Confirmation Clerk summary
Order Confirmation Clerk (Current Employee) –  Akron, NYMarch 25, 2015
A typical day at Perry's Ice Cream is to gather all paperwork and confirm all truck driver's paperwork from the day before. Call any customers/drivers if any paperwork is missing. Research any pricing problems with the invoice and apply credits After all paperwork is confirmed run all reports for the day including Inventory Control. If any trucks are off in inventory research the problem and fix inventory once the problem was resolved. The problems could come from fixing the invoices, main warehouse, IT, etc. If time allowed audit and record all the Expense reports for the week into a spreadsheet. I learned so much at Perry's Ice Cream. I learned how to confirm all orders that were going out of the building and recognize which ones were priced differently such as employee purchases and sales purchasing. Once a week I would receive credits and debits from the headquarters of Wal-Mart and apply the credit to their account. I also at month end would keep track of deliveries and invoices that have not been delivered. At month end I would call customers, distribution centers to get confirmation on the invoices that I have not received so the finance department could close their books by a certain date. On Mondays I would come in early so I could confirm the driver's paperwork that were working on commission so the payroll could be done by 10 am that morning. I would plan out my Monday a head of time by running reports and calculating how much I would have to do and adjust my time accordingly. The management was incredible. It was a family orientated and understood that I was a single  more... mom. The most enjoyable part of my job was making friends with my truck drivers and helping them as needed. The hardest part of my job was adjusting my time on Monday morning especially in July. Sometimes the reports weren't 100% accurate especially in the mid summer. People had until the day before at 5pm to place their orders.  less
No Communication
DSD RELIEF DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PaOctober 30, 2014
You are basically on your own. There is hardly any communication from the Management team who is based in Akron, NY. There is no management presence in Pittsburgh, PA. If you have an issue or a question, you cannot get a hold of anyone in NY. I would leave phone messages, texts, and emails for someone to call me and would not receive a response, and if I did, it would be days later.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
No communication
was a mechanic on the line that makes ice cream
Technician/Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Akron, NYAugust 2, 2014
it was a real nice place to work I enjoyed making a product that customers would rave about.
Very Positive and supportive atmosphere
Regional Manager / Driver - Pittsburgh, PA (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 9, 2014
Oversaw the complete operations of the Pittsburgh market.
Including but not limited to;
Routing, hiring, training, scheduling, evaluations, customer/vendor relations, truck service, etc.... Pretty much if it happened in the Pittsburgh Market, and it dealt with Ice Cream, I knew about it. Or at least was supposed to!
Pros
Flexability
Cons
wages, communication
Troubled distance, Happy worker!
Distribution Center Associate (Former Employee) –  Akron, NYJanuary 4, 2014
A typical day at Perry's would be 16 hours of hard working workers in a freezer. I've learned new techniques, how to work equipment, & how to better with my team work skills. The hardest part of the job was to be in such cold temperatures for long periods of time. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing I had a good staff working with me & to teach me more as I moved up.
Pros
free ice cream, benefits, pay rate
Cons
late hours, distance, tempature

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Perry's Ice Cream. Our community is ready to answer.

Perry's Ice Cream Reviews by Location