Perry Ellis International, Inc.

Perry Ellis International, Inc. Employer Reviews

Busy Environment
FULL TIME LEAD SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 7, 2014
Great experience for a first job. There is a lot of opportunities with perry ellis. If you work hard enough, promotion will come at an ease.
Small store, with no places for workers breaks with bad conditions
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Caracas, AApril 26, 2014
Pros: i worked with some of my friends
Cons: the place for workers was too bad
Trying to sell the clothes with good advices of fashion.

I learned that bosses can't treat bad their workers.

The hardest part were to organize the whole store all the days because it have to be perfect all the time.

The most enjoyable part of the job were probably my co-workers
Great place to start in a corporate enviroment
Purchasing Assistant (Former Employee), Miami, FlMarch 12, 2014
Pros: great benefits, job culture, coffee machines, lunch discounts
Cons: job security, advancement, management
A typical day at work would be going through many emails by vendors, and other various departments & take note of any changes or try to for see any possible delays that would affect garment delivery. Entering & maintaining Purchase orders was also a daily task.

I learned a substantial amount of the systems needed to get the job done, how a merchandise – more... company works, how a garment is made from conception all the way to it's selling on the floor of our customers. In purchasing, there were a lot of different departments who worked with us. Each week a team member & I took it upon ourselves to meet with these departments and review with them their typical day at work and how they correlate to our department.

I can only speak for management based on my experiences in my department. Questions were encouraged and due to my inquisitive state they were asked. However I could feel a high power distant. There was a lack of communication in regards to department changes. Favoritism was existent. Advancement in the department was almost non-existent since many of my co-workers had the same position for 5+ years. The company has not been doing good financially, so there were a bunch of layoffs (including myself) and departments were cut or merged.

As for the co-workers, I believe in every job you will find the motivate ones, the slackers. I love to learn and take interest in finding a way of getting the job done in a more efficient manner. This excitement was looked upon by most of my co-workers as a temporary state until I got know the "real" Perry Ellis as one of my co-workers stated. It seemed that the employees that have been there longer didn't have as much drive as the ones that just started.

The hardest part of the job was trying to find a peaceful balance between sales and our vendors in regards to delivery. It was a constant battle to keep that re-pore needed with our vendors while trying to challenge them on delivery dates that were required to be met based on our customers.

The most enjoyable part of the job was all the new things I learned & coming across the different scenarios that needed problem solving. Working with the design team to see the style package of the pants and the birth of a style was so interesting. I found myself looking at each order more in depth to get more of a visual vs. just entering the order. Getting more involved was harder work, however it was so worth it to get a better understanding of the apparel industry in action! – less
Great team of professionals
Photoshop Retouch / Post Production (Former Employee), Miami, FLMarch 6, 2014
I looked forward to every day at work with Perry Ellis. The people in the Creative Department were all amazingly talented, and fun.

The hardest part of the job was the work load / deadlines.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the people.
horrible!!
warehouse (Former Employee), seneca scMarch 3, 2014
Cons: short breaks, 1 restroom, 10 mins from warehouse, unstable hours
I worked in the warehouse. Swollen legs & feet were just a minor problem. The worst part of the job was they lie about your hours. They tell you you're mon-fri 7/330 rarely overtime & rarely weekends. My first week was 7-7 n Saturday til 5. If you don't have family obligations it would be perfect.
Productive work environment
Account Executive Intern (Former Employee), CAMarch 2, 2014
Pros: create your own schedule
Cons: job advancement
Significatnly learned all selling and buying of wholesale industry.
a typical day at work
Manager/Visual Merchandise Rep (Current Employee), Wrentham, MAFebruary 18, 2014
Cons: benefits, healthcare
typical day at perry ellis would be to open and close store,work with customers, and conference calls, sales work, etc. company gives you a lot of flexible hours and knows what they are doing. overall, not many complaints, cons would be benefits, can't have benefits until you are a store manager, etc. great company to work for though, love the atmosphere.
Productive and fun work place, frienly and helpful enviroment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Aurora, ILFebruary 5, 2014
My day consist of assisting customers in whatever their needs may be. Given a daily sales goal we help and encourage each other to do better in the work place.
Easy going, flexible work environment
Senior Merchandise Coordinator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: employee discount, paid expenses, decent benefits
Cons: daily travel, no real team work
Very easy going management, and flexible work schedule. You are not micro-managed, and are trusted to complete your work.

The downside is there is a lot of daily travel. You can go up to 6 stores in one day.
Productive and Fun work environment.
Help desk Analyst\Computer Technician (Former Employee), Doral, FLJanuary 28, 2014
Typically I would come in the morning and check my personal queue
Then check my voice mail, then check the main queue.

I have learned a lot about dealing with end users and taking care of their request as quickly as possible. I have developed a great relationship with my co-workers, where I can just reached out to them and ask any questions about anything – more... about work.

The hardest part of my job is dealing with a frustrated user who is not willing to cooperate in order to solve the problem.

The one thing that I enjoy the most about my job is providing the best
Service to a user so that they can turn in their work as early as possible. – less
Great environment, good team.
Store Manager (Current Employee), Lawrenceville, GAJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: flex schedule
Cons: not enough locations
Love working here meeting new people everyday!!! really great selling products and suits.
Productive and retail workplace
Sales Agent (Former Employee), Allen, TXDecember 2, 2013
I learned how to give great customer service. The manager and co-workers were awesome. Glad to had work there. If you like to work in retail and know how to up sale suits, apply to Perry Ellis. Holidays are be super busy. But its the most pay time.
Good First job
Store Manager (Former Employee), MiamiNovember 25, 2013
Working in the retail division can be a great experience. Not somewhere to advance.

Pay is ok.
nice work envirnoment
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee), Tulalip, WANovember 25, 2013
Pros: discount on clothing was great for the guys in my family
Cons: longer hours than scheduled
management is well organized
well planned scheduling
training others was great new experience for me
shipping and receiving was not new to me
Day to day operational support of 150+ internal PC/Mac users across multiple offices
Help Desk/PC Specialist (Former Employee), Commerce, CANovember 24, 2013
Pros: minimal supervision, fast-paced
Cons: lack of communication with corporate management
This was my first IT gig after graduating with my BSIT. Everything I know today for supporting users in an Enterprise domain server environment, is owed to this opportunity. Corporate was in Miami, and I was working out of regional office in Los Angeles, Enjoyed the macro-managed aspect, as task completion was done with minimal supervision and to be – more... performed in a timely manner. Keeping management informed of unresolved issues or problems that required special handling. – less
Great environment, Very productive and a great group of people
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Miami, FLNovember 23, 2013
Pros: one hour of lunch, nice cafeteria
Cons: the traffic to get to work but worth it
Working for Perry Ellis was truly great. I loved people I worked with and got along with every one. No one ever bother you as long as you did your job. The hardest part of my job was leaving to move to NY. Perry Ellis was like a family so I always looked forward in going to work.
poor run business
Asst. Manager (Former Employee), Woodbury, NYNovember 23, 2013
Cons: everything about the company
I took over as Assistant Manager with the old Manager but 2 weeks later he was fired for what the company considered stealing. The furnace broke because of a heating coil and the store should have been closed due to it and the extreme cold. However the company told us to remain open with no heat in the died of Winter during a snow storm. After breaking – more... a finger and being out for 6 weeks on my return I was told I was replaced and would have to take a part time position. – less
Fun and productive
Internal Auditor (Former Employee), Miami, FLOctober 29, 2013
Fun and productive work environment. The SOX testing phase was very intense; however, the outcome was successful!
cool people to work with
Accountant II (Former Employee), Miami, FLOctober 26, 2013
Pros: nice co-workers
Cons: long working hours
This was one of the best companies to work for, unfortunately I was laid off during the financial meltdown
Fun work place
Supervisor (Current Employee), Chandler, AZOctober 24, 2013
Pros: fun contest
Perry Ellis is very family oriented. They make your job more than a job. They care about your life outside of work and make sure you're doing your best when it comes to school.

1 2 3

About Perry Ellis International, Inc.

Perry Ellis International, Inc. (Perry Ellis) is an apparel company in the United States. The Company designs, sources, markets – Read more