Perry Ellis International, Inc. Employee Reviews

Excekent place to work
Telecommunications Administrator (Current Employee) –  Doral, FLJuly 22, 2017
Awesome place to work. The best part is the people in the whole company, great culture and better environment. IT team is really impressive and they are excellent humans being.
Great Company
Assistant Designer of men's golf department (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 15, 2017
Even though it is a big company you feel like you are contributing- my boss was extremely supportive and friendly and there is a lot of room for growth.
Pros
reputation and responsibility
Cons
not creative design
Great Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calexico, CAJuly 10, 2017
The staff and crew made work a fun experience. Work can be slow but it can give you time to clean and organize. In addition, working with suits and tuxedos can be enjoyable.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJune 28, 2017
Great vibe, just an overall place to work. Managers were always helpful and wanted to see everybody win. I think a company and it's location is only as good as the people on the front lines.
N/a
Asociado de Ventas y cajera (Former Employee) –  Barceloneta, PRJune 13, 2017
Es un trabajo muy bueno se debe de un servicio al cliente intachable.
Pros
N/a
Cons
n/a
fast work
Quality control junior-Packing-Picking (Former Employee) –  Clifton, NJMay 24, 2017
I had a role in the company Perry Ellis international was quality control, I could not see anything damaged or broken, with some information provided by the company.
Productive and professional office environment
Senior Product Developer (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 13, 2017
It's a professional formal stable atmosphere with great potential for growth. Surrounded daily by great creative and intelligent group of people. Great benefits.
it was an ok job
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLMay 10, 2017
I worked part time over the summer while I went to school. i usually worked in the mornings at an outlet mall and did inventory and stocking. the worst part was when the store was slow
Great job for being in high school
Interim Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COMay 2, 2017
This was a job that I took in high school and it really turned out to be more than just a summer job. I took things on very quickly and moved up the chain as well. In no time I became a supervisor, but from there things were at a stand still. I believe that I was young while in this position and felt that there were more to do, but never really given that opportunity. None the less, the store and staff we re great and we always seemed to excel well at our location.
Pros
Staff
Cons
changing of management
Growth potential
Executive Assistant/ Marketing Coordinator for SVP (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 18, 2017
The time spent at Perry Ellis International was one of the greatest times in my life so far as it connected me with a great team within our department. Unfortunately job security is not strong as it depends on the company fiscal year profits. The president cuts jobs very quickly and without warning.
Pros
Wonderful experience
Cons
poor job security
Bien
Embroidery Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 22, 2017
Mucha dificultad para quedarse fijo, al estar de temporal te sacan cada vez que hay poco trabajo. El salario es reducido para lo mucho que te hacen trabajar
Excellent Company
Senior Technical Designer/Designer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 15, 2017
Great group of coworkers to be around with. As i had traveled to Asia and Europe for the company for business, my team back at the office was great in keeping up with the emails and details I needed from them.
Productive growing company
Assistent Design / Pattern Maker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 9, 2017
Worked with Design team,
I learned how to understand what Designers wanted the end product be, and crate Patterns based on this.
Worked close with management, to balance workflow.
Work place culture, respectful.
Hardest part of the job: Explain why certain fabrics will not achieve the same results.
Most enjoyable: Relationships.
Pros
Flexable Lunch time, break time daily
Cons
Only Health care benefits
Big Company run like small business
Sales (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 2, 2017
A good company to start and grow, easy to learn and follow up, and the management staff help you grow

Home office communication some times is confusing, they need more internal and effective communication.

Do your job respect each other, follow company policies and procedures and you will have a secure job for as long as you allow your self
Very productive and fun place to work.
Packer (Former Employee) –  Winnsboro, SCMarch 2, 2017
I learned how to perform different jobs at the workplace. Everybody did they part by giving each other a helping hand. The hardest part of the job was knowing that the job was moving to California and we all would be without a job.
fancy cloth
Sales and Cashier (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXFebruary 27, 2017
their cloth is very fancy and it is modern. the store is brand new. the team has a lot of experience, if you do not know about something they help get it clear.
Pros
very good discounts
Cons
no cons
Good Company
Asst. Retail Manager (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 23, 2017
Perry Ellis is a good company. Like all companies it has its good points and bad. As far as my experience, I have enjoyed the job, and it gave me exactly what I was looking for as far as scheduling. There really is no job advancement, and raises are low. Management is generally mediocre as far as leadership and forwarding trending. I believe the Company could benefit with more progressive marketing, business culture, and new product. The hardest part of the position is dealing with a fluid workforce (college students mostly), as well as a Management structure that is more into knee jerk reactions, than proactive planning. I do enjoy working with my specific Store Manager, and have enjoyed the loyal customer base. I do enjoy the interaction with my customers, and partnership clients.
Pros
work life balance, good customer base
Cons
low pay, no advancement, corporate management
Nice place to work at...
Programmer Analyst (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 20, 2017
working at Perry Ellis is always fun and dynamic. Coworkers are always motiving, helping and collaborating. Great relationship between managers and team members.
No work/life balance or advancement
anonymous (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 17, 2017
- too much work too few employees
- a family is in charge of the company
- the family sits on important positions but they don't really work
- horrible boss/working environment/work culture because boss doesn't want to offend top management (who are family members or connected to the family members)
- too much deadline, always work very late
- very little compensation compared to the workload
- unfriendly coworkers
- no advance opportunity
- poor design, the designers copy other brandnames, no creativity
- the company will fail if no change is implemented
Extremely Rewarding
VICE PRESIDENT SOURCING (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 11, 2017
Perry Ellis International is a phenomenal company to work for. I had the honor to work directly with many people in both the NYC and Miami offices. Fast paced and energetic.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Perry Ellis International, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval