Perry Ellis International, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Fun work place with flexible schedules
SALES SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILApril 14, 2016
A typical day at Perry Ellis is helping a customer pick out their outfits and helping them look for sizes they need. We work as a team trying to ensure every customer that walks in the store walks out with satisfaction. I learned how to size customer for suits and for dress shirts. I learned how to manage employees when it is a really slow day at work. My coworkers are very friendly and they are ready to help every single customer. They always have a smile on their face and a friendly attitude. The hardest part of the day is when it is a really slow day and we haven't reached our day goal. The most enjoyable part of the job is when customers cannot thank you enough for the dedication and time one took in helping them.
Pros
good discount for friends and family
Cons
short breaks
great entry level warehouse
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Seneca, SCJanuary 31, 2016
Great management two 15 min paid breaks one 30 min off clock lunch during peak shipping times great over time followed by slower 8 hr days takes a little while to get use to concrete floor but don't listen to other seneca review there are three rest rooms no where in the warehouse takes more than four minuets to walk to and no i'm not management i'm just the security guard great work place
Pros
regular over time 2 paid breaks
Cons
pay is low concrete floor
Poor company to work for, favoritism, nepotism
Vendor Management Inventory & Planner (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 15, 2016
Review retail sales to look at replenishment and fill for retail markets. Advancement, opportunities to learn cross train non-existant. Department I was in prejudicial to original employees not those of us brought in with buyout. Over 100 of us laid off after buyout no real effort to try to absorb in Miami headquarters.
Productative company where someone can build experience
Product Developer (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 2, 2016
Friendly co-workers
Busy environment
Professional Management
Never stop learning
Transfering to another department is easy
Pros
One can build experience and never stop learning about the retail industry
Cons
Promotions are based on how long you've been with the company not based on how well you work.
Great company
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 25, 2016
I have worked at Perry Ellis as a supervisor only for a short period of time because the store then closed. Perry Ellis while I worked there helped me develop great customer service skills. The team was always willing to help if you needed help and we became great friends that I currently still have.
Pros
great team to work for, very helpful
Cons
Very unfocused, no planning or strategy for the future
Creative Design Director (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 18, 2016
In today's landscape it is very important to have strategy, how a company wants to grow, where they want to be in a few years. Product life span, innovation and updates we had none and it will be interesting to see if we survive in the near future.
Pros
Lots to learn because you're involved in so many different facet of the company
Cons
No focus
Great workplace and positive enviroment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILApril 13, 2016
I learned a lot about customer service and retail.
The managers are all very nice and make the job easier.
Employees are mostly young students.
The hardest part of the job is having slow days and being very bored.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the relationships you build with co-workers and frequent customers.
Pros
Great company
Cons
Unorganized
Great job, everyone works together as a team.
Customs Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Doral, FLJuly 17, 2016
Great job, everyone works together as a team. We all have our job duties to accomplish but we are a team and as a result we always help each other out to ensure greatness.
Pros
Relaxing atmosphere
Not Very Fair
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 6, 2016
The job is very slow, sometimes makes only $300. The management isn't very fair. A typical day at work, waiting for a customer to walk in, or opening boxes to stock up on merchandise. No one gets along at the job. Management has favorites.
Terrible work life balance
Product developer (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CA 90040May 4, 2016
Was completely overworked with no advancement even though my boss always said I deserved it. Terrible working atmosphere with a lot of cancers on the team.
Pros
Cons
terrible work life balance, was discouraged to take vacations. over worked, no advancement
Perry Ellis
Purchasing Agent for Original Penguin (OPG) (Current Employee) –  Doral, FLAugust 18, 2016
Perry Ellis International has been an amazing company to work for. I am currently employed in the Miami office and am relocating to New York.
fun place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Homestead, FLJune 27, 2016
very nice team, "customer is always right". this company taught me many things and i am prepared to work because of it. it was seasonal but i would definitely work there again
Sales
Retail Stylist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 12, 2015
This job was pretty exciting. We met new people everyday. Helped customers find out what their us sizes are, and helped them find whatever outfit they wanted or needed. The compensation is not so great, but is a good working environment.
Pros
THERE IS ALWAYS SOMETHING TO BE DONE, SO IS NOT BORING.
Cons
IT IS A STANDING UP POSITION FOR EVERYONE, SO YOU MUST BE ON YOUR FEET AT ALL TIMES.
Amazing work family environment
Help Desk/PC Tech (Current Employee) –  Doral, FLAugust 5, 2015
In Perry Ellis Int. you will find more than a career, you will find a family and a wide arrange of options to learn and further your education.
Pros
Amazing supervisors.
Cons
Compensation
Great staff and management.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAFebruary 27, 2016
Overall working at Perry Ellis was a very good experience as a sales associate. I learned how to measure the correct and proper way for menswear. My coworkers made my time at the company very enjoyable along with the customers.
Very productive but can get slow at times
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 7, 2015
Fun place to work. The most fun part of the job is working in shipping. I would wrap all the pallets better than the machines. Room for advancement, but depending on what area you work in and you are the one that keeps things going then the supervisor will to everything in his power for you not to advance. Other than that. It's a real fun place to work at.
Pros
awesome benefits, very busy
Cons
Jealous people, will do everything in their power for you not to advance in the company
I enjoyed every part of job!
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 16, 2015
It was by chance i found this job.I will always be grateful. Not only for the opportunity to expand my management skills,but made friends.
Productive and enthusiastic staff under 2014 GM.
General Store Manager (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TexasApril 14, 2015
Upper management difficult to complete tasks and does not support stores.
Good bonuses if store qualifies.
No additional benefits such as clothing allowance for staff or management.
Discipline not followed through with corporate.
Pros
Good bonuses if qualified.
Cons
Upper management not capable of supporting stores.
Horrible, do not work for this company!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJSeptember 30, 2013
The corporate end of this company had no idea what they were doing. They had no idea how to run marketing for the stores and this was done every week. The marketing should of been planned MONTHS AGO. The week of before black friday, the corporate end, had no idea what sale to have for the stores. Is that how a huge million dollar company should run? Within the 2 years I was there, the store level never got a raise but the corporate end of course did. The store manager/ area manager of my store location was horrible with working with people. She was rude, unethical and had no idea how to treat people. She is one of the reasons I never want to work retail again. One of the worst companies of retail I have ever been apart of.
Pros
customers
Cons
store manager
Great benefits/ pay/ opportunities
Sr. Sales Coordinator/Executive (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLJuly 23, 2012
Great opportunities for advancement if you can dedicate your life to work and working only! Lots of office politics however benefits and pay is definitely fair.
Pros
paid well, free lunches from time to time, employee discounts
Cons
you will be slave to your work/ long hours

Perry Ellis International, Inc. Reviews by Location