Perry Ellis International, Inc.

Perry Ellis International, Inc. Employer Reviews

Very high energy and fun work envirnment
Purchasing Assistant (Former Employee), doral, flNovember 3, 2014
Responsble for all communiction concerning orders with vendors. Always had fun with co-workers and made sure we all helped each othr with any issues. The best part was being there, but the hard part was trying to read emails from vendors with a language barrier.
Managed Horribly
Store Manager (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 22, 2014
Cons: everything about this company
There is zero upper management support, nor is there any sort of training. You're thrown in and expected to know everything
PEI is a leader in mens apparel, with a diverse brand portfolio
Divisional Vice President, Sales (Former Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 15, 2014
managed large retail account for company with branded and private brand apparel
Small store nothing really to do
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Elizabeth, NJSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: food court around the corner
Cons: 30 min breaks on 8 hour shift
Clean the store, make sure everything is in its section, make sure all sizes are available.
Have good attitude, maintain a customer who is uneasy, stock, and register.
Manager was strict but more into himself and maintaining the job to be perfect.
Co-workers everyone got along with each other few conversations at work but overall really nice people.
Holidays – more... where you would have to keep watch for shop lifters and help out with customer service
Closing was easy just organize, bring out any sizes missing and just sweep and wipe the mirrors in the dressing room. – less
Relaxed workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 25, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of helping customers shop. You learn much, such as great fashion sense. As far as management and co-workers went, it was a friendly environment for working. The hardest part of the job was dealing with certain customers, as well as memorizing steps for customer service. The greatest part about working there was the chance – more... to meet many different people. – less
Great for a starter in retail industry
Supervisor (Former Employee), Miami, FLAugust 10, 2014
This is a great company to get you into retail business. Management of store is good overall but pay is pretty low and there is almost no benefits for us in the retail stores.
Great for numbers oriented individual
Planning Intern - laundry by SHELLI SEGAL (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 6, 2014
Pros: didn't have to go fetch coffee
Cons: lack of exposure to market week
My mentor was very knowledgeable and pretty flexible with my schedule. Since this was a credit bearing internship, I had a pretty consistent schedule and knew what was expected of me each day. Even had to share what I learned to a small panel at the end of my internship
Overall a nice place to work
Technical Design Director (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 28, 2014
Pros: nice people, pretty office space
Cons: low morale, minimal direction from upper management, tight work space
Overall a nice place to work. People were friendly. The company sales have been down for 5+ years.
Amazing Experience
Sales Coordinator/Sales Operations (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 24, 2014
My time at PEI was exceptional. I learned a lot from my supervisors and my entire team.
fun place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Elizabeth, NJJuly 21, 2014
Great place to work. Fun and educational work experience. Co workers very helpful and friendly.
A great place to advance my career but limited in its potential for growth
Design Director (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 24, 2014
I learned how to work with large diverse teams to work towards a calendar. Typically I was in high demand to problem solve, create, and strategize for the future of our brand. I enjoyed the challenge but felt stifled by upper management's lack of communication and strategic planning.
Busy Environment
FULL TIME LEAD SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 7, 2014
Great experience for a first job. There is a lot of opportunities with perry ellis. If you work hard enough, promotion will come at an ease.
Great place to start in a corporate enviroment
Purchasing Assistant (Former Employee), Miami, FlMarch 12, 2014
Pros: great benefits, job culture, coffee machines, lunch discounts
Cons: job security, advancement, management
A typical day at work would be going through many emails by vendors, and other various departments & take note of any changes or try to for see any possible delays that would affect garment delivery. Entering & maintaining Purchase orders was also a daily task.

I learned a substantial amount of the systems needed to get the job done, how a merchandise – more... company works, how a garment is made from conception all the way to it's selling on the floor of our customers. In purchasing, there were a lot of different departments who worked with us. Each week a team member & I took it upon ourselves to meet with these departments and review with them their typical day at work and how they correlate to our department.

I can only speak for management based on my experiences in my department. Questions were encouraged and due to my inquisitive state they were asked. However I could feel a high power distant. There was a lack of communication in regards to department changes. Favoritism was existent. Advancement in the department was almost non-existent since many of my co-workers had the same position for 5+ years. The company has not been doing good financially, so there were a bunch of layoffs (including myself) and departments were cut or merged.

As for the co-workers, I believe in every job you will find the motivate ones, the slackers. I love to learn and take interest in finding a way of getting the job done in a more efficient manner. This excitement was looked upon by most of my co-workers as a temporary state until I got know the "real" Perry Ellis as one of my co-workers stated. It seemed that the employees that have been there longer didn't have as much drive as the ones that just started.

The hardest part of the job was trying to find a peaceful balance between sales and our vendors in regards to delivery. It was a constant battle to keep that re-pore needed with our vendors while trying to challenge them on delivery dates that were required to be met based on our customers.

The most enjoyable part of the job was all the new things I learned & coming across the different scenarios that needed problem solving. Working with the design team to see the style package of the pants and the birth of a style was so interesting. I found myself looking at each order more in depth to get more of a visual vs. just entering the order. Getting more involved was harder work, however it was so worth it to get a better understanding of the apparel industry in action! – less
Great team of professionals
Photoshop Retouch / Post Production (Former Employee), Miami, FLMarch 6, 2014
I looked forward to every day at work with Perry Ellis. The people in the Creative Department were all amazingly talented, and fun.

The hardest part of the job was the work load / deadlines.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the people.
horrible!!
warehouse (Former Employee), seneca scMarch 3, 2014
Cons: short breaks, 1 restroom, 10 mins from warehouse, unstable hours
I worked in the warehouse. Swollen legs & feet were just a minor problem. The worst part of the job was they lie about your hours. They tell you you're mon-fri 7/330 rarely overtime & rarely weekends. My first week was 7-7 n Saturday til 5. If you don't have family obligations it would be perfect.
Productive work environment
Account Executive Intern (Former Employee), CAMarch 2, 2014
Pros: create your own schedule
Cons: job advancement
Significatnly learned all selling and buying of wholesale industry.
a typical day at work
Manager/Visual Merchandise Rep (Current Employee), Wrentham, MAFebruary 18, 2014
Cons: benefits, healthcare
typical day at perry ellis would be to open and close store,work with customers, and conference calls, sales work, etc. company gives you a lot of flexible hours and knows what they are doing. overall, not many complaints, cons would be benefits, can't have benefits until you are a store manager, etc. great company to work for though, love the atmosphere.
Productive and fun work place, frienly and helpful enviroment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Aurora, ILFebruary 5, 2014
My day consist of assisting customers in whatever their needs may be. Given a daily sales goal we help and encourage each other to do better in the work place.
Easy going, flexible work environment
Senior Merchandise Coordinator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: employee discount, paid expenses, decent benefits
Cons: daily travel, no real team work
Very easy going management, and flexible work schedule. You are not micro-managed, and are trusted to complete your work.

The downside is there is a lot of daily travel. You can go up to 6 stores in one day.
Productive and Fun work environment.
Help desk Analyst\Computer Technician (Former Employee), Doral, FLJanuary 28, 2014
Typically I would come in the morning and check my personal queue
Then check my voice mail, then check the main queue.

I have learned a lot about dealing with end users and taking care of their request as quickly as possible. I have developed a great relationship with my co-workers, where I can just reached out to them and ask any questions about anything – more... about work.

The hardest part of my job is dealing with a frustrated user who is not willing to cooperate in order to solve the problem.

The one thing that I enjoy the most about my job is providing the best
Service to a user so that they can turn in their work as early as possible. – less

1 2 3 4

About Perry Ellis International, Inc.

Perry Ellis International, Inc. (Perry Ellis) is an apparel company in the United States. The Company designs, sources, markets – Read more