Receives and enters orders into Persante Database. Initiates contact with the patients, obtains and enters patient demographics and medical information into the patient’s electronic chart and schedules the sleep study appointment. Reviews chart for completion, requesting any documents that are missing from an individual’s chart.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Receive and enter orders into the database.
2. Upload the required documents and follow up on missing documentation.
3. Interface with physician offices (physician and staff) to confirm, obtain or clarify information relative to patient or study being ordered.
4. Schedule patient for consultation with a sleep specialist
5. Schedule patients for sleep studies in a timely manner and in accordance with company policy.
6. Obtain demographic/medical information from patients during scheduling process.
7. Inform, educate and answer physician / patients’ questions regarding sleep study process.
8. Communicate information received from patients, physician offices, and/or hospitals to the appropriate Persante employee(s) for action and follow-up.
9. Scan sleep study results into hospital EMR.
10. Inspection of sleep center on a daily basis to insure rooms have been cleaned and supplies inventory is appropriate.
11. Facilitate ordering of durable medical equipment / distribute HST equipment
12. When needed, aid in operations of other areas of Customer Service.
13. Perform special projects when time allows.
14. Other duties as assigned.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Competencies To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional patient situations; Responds promptly to patient needs; Solicits patient feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills - Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; able to read and interpret written information.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to two-years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Database software and Word Processing software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Other Skills and Abilities
- Ability to speak and understand English.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Professional appearance required at all times when representing the company through communications with patients, physician offices, and business associates.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time; must be able to use hands to type, handle, or feel.
- Must be able to talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop or kneel.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate