Person Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Community Hospital with a family feel
Administrative (Current Employee) –  Roxboro, NCApril 27, 2016
Person Memorial is truly like a family. Since working here, everyone has been so nice and warm and accepting. Because it's part of a larger group (Duke and LifePoint) there is opportunity for advancement. Everyone I have interacted with, is here because they want to be and because they are passionate about patient care.
Pros
Family feel, Big medicine in a community, amazing Drs
Working Here
Certified Nursing Assistant I (Current Employee) –  Roxboro, NCJune 13, 2016
Just like any other job with pros and cons. Hard working crew most of the time, benefits are not that great unless you advance. Advancing is hard, the hoops to jump through can be confusing as well. Transferring departments is a little difficult, and questions are usually given the run around.
Great place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Roxboro, NCMay 28, 2016
I d0ont like working short. And nurses dont help at all. The work is easy but its to much to do in one day. And not enough help
A great place to work!
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Roxboro, NCOctober 12, 2015
There is a strong sense of family within the hospital with everyone greeting you with a warm smile and good morning as you walk in the door. The various departments mesh well together between clinical and non-clinical to where everyone feels a part of the same field. Coming from a non-medical professional background, I fit right in with everyone else the day I started which really made the transition great. I highly recommend Person Memorial to anyone seeking a new career or expand on your current venture.
Cons
recieving and distrubution of medical supplies
Stock Technician (Former Employee) –  Roxboro, NCJuly 5, 2015
Receive all inventory, team effort, delivering supplies was the most enjoyable part of my job. Promptly pleasing requesting departments was the most the most difficult part of my job.
Pros
Fellow staff
Cons
Emergency orders
a very rewarding job
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Roxboro, NCJanuary 20, 2015
GKN was a very fulfilling job where I got the chance to experience a team work environment. Filled with hard and satisfy hard work. With long hours and weekends. Great opportunity for mandatory overtime. Had the chance to work all three shift mandatory and gained lots of experience in the drive shaft field of work
work in specialty clinic area giving chemotherapy
Outpatient Clinic Nurse (Current Employee) –  Roxboro, NCSeptember 11, 2013
I have been in nursing for 32 years. Recently employed in specialty clinic giving infusions. Clinic is closing. Work from 800 to 430pm.Have 7 different specialties.Duke clinics. Worked as manager them stepped down to staff position due to staying with direct patient care. Staffed with 2RN's,CNA and secretary. Hardest part of job is the attachment to the patients and they expire from cancer.Most enjoyment is the community closeness of the staff with the patients and their families.
You may not get hours, they send you all over the hospital in places you never worked to save money
Part time nurse (Former Employee) –  Roxboro, NCNovember 8, 2013
I am not understanding why so many positions are being posted for PRN and Flex and supplemental staff when the full time staff and part time staff already there are being sent home on a daily basis because of low census. Many of us travel out of town to get quality care because many times we are worked short staff. Management is out of touch. Morale is the lowest I have ever seen it. The best part of the job are the patients. The worst part of the job is not knowing if you have a job from one day to the next. Extreme cuts at PMH has affected the quality of care. IT is a SHAME!!!!
Pros
great community of patients and front line staff that really care.
Cons
management, unstable environment, poor duke lifepoint employee ethics that only care about money
med surg
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Roxboro, NCMarch 30, 2015
cna work and assist with daily living and daily activities taking blood sugars and vitals and bed changes and etc helping out nurses abd setting up patients trays
Icu
CNA/ICU (Current Employee) –  Roxboro, NCApril 22, 2013
Love working in the ICU. Manager, Nurses, and other Nurse Aids are wonderful to work with. Nice, caring, ready to teach and show how to do things the right way, offering me to sntand in to watch; very interested in watching until I complete my Nurse Degree. I work AM and PM shift 12 hours, does not matter available for both. The patients are very nice. I have a good time doing the job in the ICU.
The job at Person Memorial Hospital was very challenging and I didn't see any room for growth.
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Roxboro, NCJune 6, 2013
The most fun an interesting part of the job was getting to meet new people. It was a very challenging job, but the rewarding thing was that I had co-workers who can help out when in need.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
physically demanding with no room for growth
Rehab Company: Excellent; Rehab Setting: Lacking
Lead Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Roxboro, NCJune 7, 2013
Employment with Functional Pathways has been rewarding; they are a therapist-owned company with forward-thinking, generous management. The setting at Person Memorial lacks good clinical management and oversight, with a paucity of new rehab patients a common problem, among many others. My immediate supervisor and the area director are knowledgeable and encouraging. The most enjoyable parts of my job are my patients: their stories, their resilience, their insights. It's what makes me happy to do the work I do. There is only one OT and one PT at the setting. I currently work with a traveler PT who is delightful, and a great professional with whom to share my concerns about our patients.
Pros
great management, co-worker, lovely patients
Cons
too few rehab patients, overworked cna's, poor clinical administration, location too far from home
Great place with wonderful co-workers.
Roxboro (Current Employee) –  Certified Nursing AssistantNovember 5, 2011
Great place to work if full time. Flex is a good position if you just want a few hours here and there. Great co-workers, wonderful management. Have good discounts and benefits.
Pros
benefits, discounts, co-workers, mangament
Cons
flex hours
Provided care to each of my patients such as ADL's
NA II (Former Employee) –  Roxboro, NCSeptember 10, 2014
I helped my patients with bathing, dressing, walking, and changing dressings as well. I also provided the nurses with blood pressures and blood sugars each day.
Good place to work, friendly staff
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Roxboro, NCJuly 13, 2014
The patients and staff of the hospital are very friendly. The hardest part of the job is when a patient I am acquiring specimens from is not doing well and is not expected to live.
Fun place to work
Cardiac Rehabilitation Intern (Former Employee) –  Roxboro, NCJuly 8, 2013
A typical day would include evaluating patient's heart rates and blood pressures before, during, and after exercise.
Brown nose and Knowing someone in higher position
CNA I (Former Employee) –  Roxboro, NCJanuary 23, 2013
Days I would go in and have a staff that was short. Always had nurses but not aides to help. Work load was always over whelming aides sometimes taking 20+ patients. Nurses did not help aides only a few did help. Management sucked putting aides down on the floor by theirselves, not thinking about how difficult the work load is on the aide. Pay sucked paperwork was off careless mistakes made by HR. If you did not know anyone in a higher positions you were the outcast even if you did your work the others were right. Assignments were not made evenly time to time you would be one side 6 patients and the other aide on the second hall had 16. Nurses would be sitting at nursing station even when the patient had to use the bathroom and aide was in another room. Bad experience in the end no notice warnings before discharging of the position. Nothing was private at all very unprofessional. Manager fired an employee in private but 5 mins later saying yea we let them go they did this an that so very unprofessional.
Pros
discounts
Cons
run on short staff, pay, lack teamwork, nurses not helping aides, matrix issues, not getting hours, management
We have workout equipment that we can use.
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Roxboro, NCAugust 18, 2012
I have great days at work. I love to meet new people.I learn something new everyday.
Wonderful patients
CNA/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Roxboro, NCJune 22, 2013
The patients make the place what it is. Management is unstable.

2.9