Personal Home Health Care

Personal Home Health Care Employee Reviews

A very upgrading processing job
Aide (Former Employee), St. Louis, MONovember 18, 2014
Pros: get up to as many clients as you can handle
Cons: healthcare, team
Typically you have a certain amount of clients each day you care for. You care for elders in their homes and make sure they had breakfast, lunch, or dinner. You prepare a very nutritional meal during the time of your stay. You also take on many tasks inside of their homes and outside errands for them. Make sure they are taking their medication daily, and that they are fully capable of sustaining that day. I have learned within this field that either you have it or you dont, because you are sent out to clients who you only know through others and a work card, and everything else is up to you. Although Management was in need of improvement, they made sure they stayed up on those improvement as best as they could. The hardest part of the job was maintaining the clients interest and at the same time keeping up with the company policies, but it was well worth the task. The most enjoyable part of the job was your one on one time with the client that you had to obtain with a connection.
i loved caring for someone who really needed me to get through their bad days
Private Caregiver (Former Employee), ohio/indianaJune 30, 2013
Pros: healed up and living great!
Cons: seeing someone in pain for years was not good .
I helded this person from a truck wreck to years of pain and back on to their feet so, they could care for themselves
All Normal Day Of Work
Asst. Manager (Former Employee), Southbloomfield, OHJune 9, 2013
Pros: some down time to get some charting and information done and put up for next shift
Cons: you never knew when the position was going to end due to personal pay.
I was the HR/ Manager when I was not spending my day time hours which I was not getting paid for making phone calls advertising for help or interview employees. I was arranging my clients day to day activities. During the night time I would cover 4 shifts a week. When I would arrive at the clients home I would get the client ready for bed this client was a full assist and could not help with anything do to not being able to use any of his limbs. In doing that I used a ceiling lift which was really helpful I have to day. After that I would get him dressed in bed and do all of his personal care like urinal use and brushing of the teeth. He was to be turned every 2 hours maybe more depending on how the night went for him. When I covered morning shifts we would get him out of bed with the lift, get him in to the walk in shower on the shower chair after toileting that is, then we would get him dressed and ready for the day then move him to his wheelchair and set him up to where he was comfortable. After that we would assist with his day to day activities some times that would mean transporting him to church or boy scouts really just about anywhere or anything he wanted to do we prepared all of his meals and did all person care for him. This is the only person I worked for in this position he was a full time job as manager.
Wasn't for me
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee), Lynchburg, VAFebruary 18, 2013
Not a very good place to work at if you have small children. They over work you and you get under-paided. Ok, if you're a single Person that does't have a life outside of work!