Personal Touch Home Care

Personal Touch Home Care Employee Reviews

Personal touch
HHA (Former Employee) –  Hillside, NYSeptember 28, 2016
Personal is the worst home care to work with the hours are terrible the staff are very rude. They don't accomadate you for when you are pregnant they treats you terrible.
I would. Never recommend them.
Good working condition
Home Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 27, 2016
Basically the job function was the same as preferred health care.
My job function caring for the patient, some light cooking and running errand.
Productive workplace
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYSeptember 26, 2016
Caring for the patients daily needs, Showering, dressing, Monitor, BP, Pulse, and respiration. Light Cleaning, and errands for the patient; getting medicine from pharmacy and dropping and picking up clothes from the cleaners. helping people out made me happy and comfortable knowing that I assisted in helping someone in need of my services.
productive and fun place to work
Homecare contract manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 14, 2016
personal touch has given me the opportunity to grow and to expand my knowledge as a professional person.everyone is very helpful and professional . no gossiping no embarrassments, everyone is hardworking and Beverly mistakes are make
Pros
flexible
Cons
no time for breaks .
Home care experience
Per-visit RN (Former Employee) –  Auburn, NHSeptember 13, 2016
Personal Touch was my first homecare experience with many fabulous mentors over the years. Many staff changes occurred as people grow, advance and retire. A great place to work.
Not the best job
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYSeptember 10, 2016
Bad management, horrible pay. Coordinators are rude. Hours are often cut and cases are taken away if you refuse a case due to certain hours or location. Some patients are very nice and enjoyable to work with but overall the coordinators make it a hard job to work.
Suitable Work invorment
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYSeptember 7, 2016
Coordinators are very friendly and easy to wwork with.
They always have a case available.
Most of the time you get a case that is close to home and no issues locating the site.
great patient care
QI/DCS/Personal Care Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAAugust 28, 2016
Multiple office locations that provide a variety of patient care. This company offers all three levels of care so that a patient does not have to transfer from one agency to another.
Good second per diem job.
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 24, 2016
Schedule is very flexible, management is usually reasonable, but accusatory at times, great field nurses who work really hard and give good patient care and are concerned about patients. Weekly pay is good to have. Hard to schedule time off.
Pros
Weekly pay, good experienced easy to work with nurses
Cons
Difficult to schedule time off, management tries to micro manage at times.
Empowered Workplace
Internship Student (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAAugust 5, 2016
I've never experienced a workplace that is filled with majority women. These women work extremely hard to ensure their staff members are safe and happy. These women ensure that every patient is taken care of, along with the family members. Great establishment!
A fair review
LPN Field Nurse (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAAugust 3, 2016
The job has great potential and works well for people with no children or if u have kids you have a nannie or sponething simular. You are exspected to stay in patients homes to chart and patients dont like it. You are in and out of your car with cmputer a d supplies and either the weather is way hot and misserible or freezing. There is very poor schedulung at norfolk va office that results in alot of sensless running around to people homes who have doc appointments pt or so on and so fourth and then you dont get paid for showing up. The manager is so fast paced that she doesnt hear u out even when ur trying to be a team player and the computer system always fails or runs slow or your work disappears so ur always behind and u get threatning txt and calls about the unverified list. The job at norfolk office is a hot mess.
Pros
Indepence in work environment
Cons
Poor scheduling, and unrealistic charting goals
Poor management
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  NHJuly 31, 2016
Poorly run company that does not care for its employees only their profit/ loss. Management makes uniformed decisions and their is no support from the corporate office even when making a formal complaint.
Pros
Paid lunches
Cons
Expensive health insurance, no short term disability, management micromanages and has no respect or concern for their employees
One of the Best Jobs to Have!
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Great Neck, NYJuly 7, 2016
Overall, I had fun working. I typically like to work during the weekdays at night or over the weekend if it's an emergency.

Once I get to my work place, I ask my patient about his day. We have a nice conversation and I ask if he needs anything. He usually asks to go to the bathroom. After that, I usually cook for him and change his bedsheets. I usually give him medication two times while I'm there since I'm supposed to. After I've done everything,I try to put him to sleep.

While I worked there, I learned to create friendships with my patient and the people around me. I think that I've also improved during my years of working in being able to satisfy the patient.

During the night, there was another Aide to take care of his wife. She was very friendly and I talked to her often when I could.

I don't really think there was anything too tough for me. Maybe getting him to sleep was hard since he talked a lot. I found away around it and he usually slept well.

The most enjoyable part of the job was socializing with him. He was very friendly and tolerated me. He enjoyed my company a lot.

During my 5 years of working with him, it was the best job I ever had. I never had a bad day with my patient.
Pros
The amount of toleration most patients have.
Cons
rescheduling dates of when I should come or not.
gran aprendizaje
Remodeling Crew (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 30, 2016
grandes dias de trabajo con nuevas experiencias y satisfactorios logros ,graciosos amigos trabajo muy ameno y divertido,aunque al final del dia un poco cansado
n/a
Medical Record Coordinator (Current Employee) –  West Hempstead, NYJune 24, 2016
Personal Touch Home Care is a Great Job with wonderful staff however i am looking to relocate to Florida for better opportunities.
Great working with staff members
Director of Clinical Services (Current Employee) –  Bala-Cynwyd, PA 19004June 23, 2016
Best part of the job was working with internal staff to insure patient safety and quality care. Hardest part of the job was working with per diem field staff who also had other jobs.
Pros
Dedicated co-workers
Cons
Decreasing staff
positive people, great teachers,
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJune 14, 2016
this job provided me with a lot of hours and they train you for the job. after two week training u will be fully employed. they really take the time out for u to learn ever thing. you get to do sum training at the queens site.
Pros
lots of hours
Cons
traviling to site.
A Solid Career in Healthcare
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Roselle Park, NJJune 9, 2016
This is a fast pace and busy company. You musty truly care about the disabled and all who require home health care to work for this company.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Office assistant
Administrative clerk (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 1, 2016
I opened the office every morning. I took care of the clients that came into the office and those who called the office. I handled all office duties and ran the office alone most of the time.
Productive and fun place to work
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDMay 18, 2016
The company was small and everyone knew each other well. The medical benefits were not good and the pay wasn't either. However everyone was nice and looked out for one another.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Personal Touch Home Care. Our community is ready to answer.

Personal Touch Home Care Reviews by Location