Personal Touch Home Care

Personal Touch Home Care Employee Reviews

No Managerial Support
Home Health RN (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAMarch 17, 2017
Great orientation process. Able to see alot of things while riding with fellow nurses in the office. Initially when I started there was a great,hands on DCS working with the skilled nurses. An inexperienced DCS was hired to assume the open position and everything was downhill from there. No Managerial support,staff leaving left and right,a decrease in life/work balance due to disorganization. A good job turned into a terrible one. Nurses began having to service a million areas out of our assigned zones. No teams developed. Just bad.
Pros
Decent salary, field nurses work gream together
Cons
Incompetent management, unorganized
Pay was great
Registered Nurse Home Health-Behavioral Health (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 8, 2017
I worked for PTHC for 6 years as a Registered Nurse until they closed the Pittsburgh PA office in Feb 2017. The pay rate was much higher than other home health agencies. There was plenty of work and if you wanted more it was there for the asking. We were always properly trained on our computers and if you had a question someone was always willing to help. I am very sad that they closed as a lot of people lost there jobs and it really was not that bad of a place.
Nice Workplace
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYFebruary 15, 2017
The agency is a very good place to work and there is always more training to keep us up to date. The staff is great and I like working with them. management is the best and they are always available with any concerns that you have. the best part of the job is that you get to work with different clients and are able to help them with everyday needs which makes the job even more fulfilling, I like that they have continuous classes to keep you advanced and up to date with the new. the staff will work with you and always tell you when you have a in-service, a medical or anything work related to keep you updated. overall any concerns you will always have someone to help you.
You can't polish a toilet trout
therapy (Former Employee) –  West Springfield, MAFebruary 8, 2017
Horrific experience. Took a per diem position but did not realize that the company has no idea what per diem means. It would be assumed that I could take any patient and drop everything at my primary job in order to take their patients. The training was minimal at best. The software they use to document is a horror show. The staff was abysmal when I sought assistance when I struggled. No support, horrific software, idiotic management - really a bad experience.
Pros
makes going to the dentist tolerable
Cons
no support, software for documentation, clueless management
It is a great company to work for
LNA (Former Employee) –  Auburn, NHJanuary 25, 2017
I loved my time at personal touch home care. I know there were a few people who did not care much for me but the company was good at trying to match the employee not only with a good team of managers and nursing staff but also to match the employee with the clients. I enjoyed my time with them and if it wasn't for moving out of their range area would have stayed with the company for many more years.
Pros
paid travel time, good with matching client/employee, very flexible
Cons
the pay could have been more at the time and better benefits
Official response from Personal Touch Home Care
February 7, 2017

Thank you for your service, being part of our team and making a difference in the life of others!

I'm grateful for my job
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 7, 2017
My job provides me the opportunity to serve the community I live in in an extremely rewarding way. The office staff is helpful and considerate. There is flexibility in my schedule that helps me to manage work/life balance. Compensation is fair. I am grateful for my job and very pleased I landed at Personal Touch.
Pros
Great support staff Rewarding work experience. Flexibility
Cons
Lots of driving
Official response from Personal Touch Home Care
February 7, 2017

Thank you for being part of our team and making a difference in the life of others!

very enjoyable job
Home Health Aide/PCA (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYDecember 20, 2016
i learned how to use a hoyer lift , take vitals , transfer patients from bed to wheelchairs etc.
my days at work consists of assisting clients with everyday living activities such as bathing, dressing , accompany to doctor appointments ,etc
the hardest cases are hospice clients
i love my job because i up lift and praise my clients to get out of bed , walk , excercise and motivate them and not give up .
Pros
building bonds with clients
Cons
short breaks
A learning experience
Aide (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDJanuary 15, 2017
Working with special needs children takes patience and compassion. This is a great learning experience that will keep you well rounded. You get to work with and learn from people. Management was very supportive. The hardest and most enjoyable part of the job was trying not to get attached to the work.
Pros
experience
Cons
If you are not mentally strong to deal with certain situations
I loved working at piercing pagoda
HOME HEALTH AIDE (Former Employee) –  26 Richmond terriousMarch 3, 2017
It's a very fun place to work at its a great way to gain customer service skills and a great way to over come being shy and getting your people skills up
Pros
We could dress casual have fun lots of different computing with the other two stores
Cons
Holidays are a little bit more of a rush so lunch breaks get cut short
Home Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Butler, PAMarch 12, 2017
Management very flexible with hours and days for part-time employment. Actually received prorated PTO, which I didn't expect. Training was somewhat lacking but employees were very friendly and always eager to help.
Pros
Lenient and flexible with schedule. PTO for part time employment.
Cons
Training somewhat lacking.
I enjoy working here
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 21, 2017
I have work for this company for over 15 years I love the professionalism and the quality of respect that the company instill in their clients. They set high standards for their employees and the services provided
Pros
make your own break schedule
Cons
the distance of some of the patients
Office staff and management lack competence and communication skills.
Employee (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 2, 2016
Communication between office staff is non-existent and they lack experience, knowledge of procedures, and leadership skills. Management and office personnel treat field staff like slaves. Patients constantly complain about their experiences with office staff.
Pros
Cons
See above
Productive with helpful staff
Quality Improvement Manager (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, OHFebruary 8, 2017
Hours for working in office typically 8:30 - 5 Monday - Friday.
All staff members helpful at any given time.
Office is easy going most of the time.
Office can become noisy and confusing..
Pros
Helpful staff - always ways to advance.
Cons
Expensive health care benefits.
There's good and bad
Staffing Coordinator/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Berlin, NHJanuary 29, 2017
Everyone I worked with directly worked hard and was receptive to improvement advice. Our immediate network of employees at all levels worked well together.
The main issues are from the corporate level. There was limited communication from the higher ups to us at the local level. Forms and processes would change, but this information would not make it down to us until months after the fact. We had a "raise freeze" for three years. Upper management did not show much appreciation for the staff at its branches.
If we all did not truly enjoy the actual work and get along well with each other at the local branch, I feel many would have quit out of frustration ages ago. Our Clinical Nursing Director at our branch was absolutely the glue that held us together.
I am going to miss my coworkers; The corporation not so much.
Pros
Coworkers all excellent, immediate supervisor hard working and appreciative
Cons
Communication problems
Good company to work for.
Licensed Nurses Aide/Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Berlin, NHOctober 11, 2016
I got a lot of exposure to the general public in the clients that I worked with. Their approach to the customer was from a dollar value, not so much on the service value. I enjoyed the different clients I had the pleasure of working with in their home setting. The hardest part of the job was leaving it at work, knowing that many of these people had no one else to turn to when in need. The easiest part was working with the clients themselves.
Pros
Meeting clients from different walks of life.
Cons
Loosing the clients to illness or relocation.
I enjoy the work type I do Quality Assurance/Review
Quality Assurance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Oakland, PAJanuary 6, 2017
My typical day is auditing, running reports and reviewing charts,and performing staff education, chart conversions, ADR's FVR's. Personal Touch is micromanaged by administrator.
Cons
Personal Touch was bought out by another company
We work hard but we have fun
ATL Clerk (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYMarch 4, 2017
The mornings are the busiest for our dept. Handling high volumes of calls while doing other functions of our job titles. I've learned how to communicate in office setting as well as learning a lot of health care terminology. As well as some health care procedures.
An Understanding, Caring, and Compassionate Company
Personal Care Aide (PCA) (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAOctober 6, 2016
I was given cases that entailed, taking care of my patient. I was there to soothe their fears if they had a terminal illness, and their to cook, clean and accompany my patient to doctors appointment. I learned how to build relationships with my patient and family. I was the go to girl, I would go to any house no matter the condition. I was their when my patient was frightened, and just their as a companion.

The hardest part of my job, my patient can pass away at a moments notice.
I enjoyed meeting new people and be their when they needed an understanding ear.
Pros
Meeting new people daily
Cons
Pay was not great
Fun and Productive
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIJanuary 2, 2017
I actually love working this job even though I did not drive. I love meeting new people and being treated as if I was actually family and vice versa. Outside of them not offering benefits and such, they offered me as many hours I can work because I was dedicated.
Productive and always wanting to learn new things
Gardener/Landscaper (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 6, 2017
Hard worker and wanting opportunities to move up. Working with Personal Touch taught me a few things about gardening. For the time I was there it didn't seem that anything was hard for me. I enjoyed the people I worked with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Personal Touch Home Care. Our community is ready to answer.

Personal Touch Home Care Reviews by Location