Personal Touch Home Care

Personal Touch Home Care Employer Reviews

productive place to work
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 9, 2015
i was a Home Health Aide to unable seniors who needed health assistance in their homes. i helped them both health wise and kept them company
I connected emotionally and gained trust of all of my patients
Home Health Aide / Personal Care Aide (Former Employee), Shirley, NYDecember 16, 2014
i worked 40+ hours a week for Personal touch. Connected with all patients , no matter what their illness and disability. i learned patience with all of my patients and built great relationships.
Personal Touch Home Care
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Queens, NYNovember 19, 2014
Pros: i worked days, so i was always home no later than 6pm
Cons: no room for advancing.
I usually had two house in a day. Four hours sometimes five at each house. I would make breakfast in the mornings and then do their shopping goals for that day. I would also do their laundry. Once leaving there I would go to my afternoon placement make their dinner for the night wash their cloths and run errands for them that they could not do. I didn't have co-workers. I worked on my own, their was an on- call person I would have to call if a client didn't want to answer their door, but I didn't have an official manager. But the on-call person was very pleasant.

The hardest part of the job was going to areas that I had never been to before, and sometimes the areas were dangerous and the houses were so untidy I wouldn't know where to start. Also sometimes the clients views would class and they didn't want you in their house. That was really hard, because sometimes it would be a long trip out their and then they wouldn't want you. But the company would reimburse you when that happened.

The best part about the job is that I had a lot of jobs in Manhattan and I would love that because I love the city. I would also get some great clients who made up for the ones who didn't want me- some who always wanted to talk and share stories from their youth. And I really loved that fact that I worked alone.
health care
Home Care Coordinator (Former Employee), Queens, NYAugust 19, 2014
Great service, on time service and the worker care for one another its like working with your own family.
personal touch home care
home health aide (Former Employee), Queens, NYJune 11, 2014
im always on time and ready to do my work
i learn about diffrent type of sickness anybody can have
the co-workers are great
the hardest part is when you are sent to homes and the patient dont speak english.
best part about the job is knowing that you done everything right
Caring for patients
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Waverly, VAMay 15, 2014
Pros: nurse aide week
Cons: pay
The most enjoyable part of the job is caring for the patients everyday. I learned different things such as keeping the environment safe and barrier-free for the patients as well as yourself; fire prevention; what to do in case of fire, severe storms, power outages, bed bugs, etc. The management of the company is excellent! They'll go to the extreme to get you a case.The hardest part of the job is the pay; it is not enough.
excellent company to work for
RN Director of Clinical Services (Current Employee), Columbia, KYApril 30, 2014
Pros: flexable hours
Excellent work environment, would recommend to anyone. Excellent opportunities for advancement, administration supportive.
Patient Care
Home Health Aide (Current Employee), Jamaica, NYApril 21, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Its a good company to work for. you really learn a lot! management is good
fun
Home health aide (Former Employee), Jamaica, NYApril 5, 2014
working with the elderly some of them had dementia where you had to give total care i learned what dementia was and different stages they went through there wasn't really management in the house because you would just go to the person house and work there wasn't no co-workers because it was only you as a home health aide the hardest part was seeing these people who once lived a good life that and didn't know what was going on who they children was and not knowing they own kids name the most enjoyable part of the job was helping them taking them for walks and watch them while they enjoyed being out.
N/A
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Jamaica, NYApril 4, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Greet your patient, have a nice conversation with he\she get to know them, and ask them politely to use their phone to clock-in , after that follow the care plan which is a piece of paper that is on their fridge that tells you what kind of job you need to perform for them. I learn that every patient of mine are different some are laid back , and some are very demanding. The hardest part of my is when you find a patient that dont want a stranger that he\she dont know to come into their house which is perfectly normal, but sometime as a worker like me if a patient decided that they are not going to let you in there is nothing you cant do about it just turn around and go home. I most enjoyable part of my job is taking good care of my patient I enjoy looking after the elderly.
My typical day at work
Escort Patient on Medical Appointments (Former Employee), Queens, NYMarch 28, 2014
Pros: weekends off
I start work at 9am. Escort patient on Medical appointments, shopping, family dinners, Go out for lunch, Return back home. my day is over at 5pm

The hardest part of the job was traveling in community by public transportation.

I enjoyed learning the different cultural beliefs working with a Jewish man.
Easy going workplace
Application Support Analyst (Current Employee), Queens, NYMarch 25, 2014
Organized workplace with many good co-workers. Benefits could be better.
very stressful place to work, did not appreciated the nurses
field nurse (Former Employee), pittsburghMarch 16, 2014
Cons: the worst hcc to work for..
worked out of the Pittsburgh office.. So short on nurses, would over load schedules on daily basis..
Did not care about their nurses..
Enjoy caring for patient in their home.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Chesapeake, VAFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: having to drive in the snow
Love the flexibility of home care. It allows me to be more independent and be the patient liaison. I can depend on my co- workers in time of need.
Great work place
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Roselle Park, NJJanuary 28, 2014
Very busy and beneficial. Hours were great. Management was awesome.
Experience as a Home Health Aide
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYDecember 4, 2013
working as a Home Health Aide, at a the time were allright because I was in college and looking for a way to make some money to buy tokens and books. I enjoyed the experience. i worked with old age people to help them go through their day with ease and happiness. I shopped, cook, do lite cleaning and laundry. I did not have to deal with co-workers. The hardest part was tiredness and the enjoyable part of the job were to put a smile on someone face.
Productive, motivational work experience
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHSeptember 24, 2013
A great place to improve your work ethics. The staff is something I would call my Team players.
Productive and Fun work place
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYAugust 18, 2013
Pros: paid for 8 hours including lunch, and recieved bonuses
Cons: compensation was inadequete
This was my first real working experience with filing and data entry; which is what a typical day consisted of. It was excellent for the development and my growth and my co- workers were all very helpful pleasant people to work with. The hardest part of the job was the commute and the most enjoyable part were the staff meetings, and holiday parties.
I enjoyed learning new skills
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHAugust 10, 2013
Pros: were your own boss, could usually start the day when you disired
Home care advanced my knowledge base to many different type of illnesses.
This Company is independent
Housekeeper/Landscaper (Current Employee), Swedesboro, NJAugust 2, 2013
Housekeeping and landscaping business. Work there every now and then to make extra money. The clients we serve are very welcoming and a joy to work with.

1 2 3

About Personal Touch Home Care

At Personal-Touch, we believe in providing the most skilled, dedicated caregivers who truly reflect our motto: The people with – Read more

Personal Touch Home Care Photos