PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT Employee Reviews

traning personnel
Store Manager, AM/PM (Former Employee) –  Monroe, WAJanuary 19, 2017
working one of the largest stores in the area it had challenges but the people needed someone to train them and show them they matter. Very fast pace store and it kept you on your toes ensuring you had good stock and fast
Pros
working with people
Great joy to Develop Driven Employees
Bar Manager Hooligans Grill (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 28, 2016
Exciting to take moldable individuals and bring them to the forefront of their own expectations. Building the business thru training and developing those employees that are driven to succeed and achieve more.
Great staff administratively.
Contract Employment/On-Site Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNNovember 16, 2016
Will continue to contract for this company until I find something lucrative locally. If you don't mind being on the road then this is the company to be associated with.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Travel
Either slow or too much over time
Production Team Leader II (Current Employee) –  Angleton, TXOctober 21, 2016
The work load was not balanced. There were people that sat around and pretty much did nothing all day. Then there were people that were crossed trained and was expected to do everything.
Pros
Cons
Unprofessional environment.
Really good pay
Buyer, Merchant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 22, 2017
hard culture, high pay. Lots of stress. Frequent travel. Employees are highly compensated. Structured system and high growth opportunity.
Pros
high pay
Cons
high stress
put you to work when available
Welder (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYSeptember 12, 2016
not a bad place to work the company found work for you in shipyard settings and got you the best pay rate they could. Provided you with PPE at your cost but you need it for work. Staff were great
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  everywhereApril 4, 2016
We travel all across the U.S. and meet lots of new people which makes work fun and enjoyable, We work a minimum of six days a week, 12 hour days and make excellent paychecks. We are
a company that works hard and we also play hard in between jobs.
Pros
12 hr workdays six days a week.
Cons
No time for anything but work and sleep.
work well with others, like to have fun at what ever I'm doing.
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 18, 2016
I worked days. I would go there they sent me. mainly shipping and receiving jobs, unloading trucks. I like it. Management was great. the only hard part was when it got hot in the trucks when unloading them. I did like the co-workers.
Pros
good hours
Cons
no heath care.
Worst retail company to work for
Department Management (Former Employee) –  Tomball, TXFebruary 14, 2016
The culture stinks. Departments have no sense of team cooperation, and Management has ZERO genuine concern for it's employees or Managers, which shows in the moral of the employees and the service level they provide customers.
Pros
None- Other than it's a job.
Cons
It exemplifies all of the worst things about Big retailers.
This was an Active duty position
Petty Officer First Class (Former Employee) –  Quantico, VAMay 3, 2016
Amazing opportunities as long as you maintained a well rounded approach to your military career. This was a great duty station to work for.
Director of the company
President and General Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 8, 2016
Achieve your goals, It is an achievement more, bring the company as the economy, Making a team, I do not love, To be perfect
Pros
Proactive and dynamic
Cons
Driving at night
Awesome Experience
Maintained Executive Officer's (Former Employee) –  United States Various LocationsMarch 4, 2015
My position at this job was during my tenure in the US Military. Everything about this job was great.I gained years of knowledge and experience in so many aspects of administration and Human Resources as well as other administrative service.

The comradery was none to be compared and still is.

The hardest part of my job was leaving.

There is nothing I would change about it. If I could do it all over again I would!
Pros
Interesting and well equipped working environment
Quality Assurance and Configuration Manager (Current Employee) –  Centurion PretoriaFebruary 17, 2015
The company is a fast growing communications company with an ISO 9001:2008 certification, we have an IBMS (integrated Business Management System) which governs all policies, processes and procedures.
Work is fulfilling and no particular day is cast in concrete since one's assistance is required any time and as an initiator many tasks are as a result of mini audits or areas for improvement which are seen and implemented.
Pros
Company Car, cell phone
Cons
favouritism
Conservative, Productive Environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 15, 2014
This office was a great professional start to my office experience. I was familiar with clerical duties when starting the postion, but this job enhanced my leadership, communication and office skills. The most enjoyable part about the job was the location and having the opportunity to work on capitol hill. My days consisted of mainatining a database system and managing/teaching other interns about processes and job duties.
As a management consultan company the environment was a highly professional one with high-profile clients
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  St Clair, Trinidad West IndiesJuly 23, 2014
I worked with the director in charge of training and placements. She was also a government senator and she sat on many boards. Everyday was hectic but I loved every day at that job.

I learnt time management, to be assertive and to deal with a wide cross section of personalities.

What a great deal of co-workers. Everyone drew knowledge from each other.

The hardest day on the job was preparing for an off site training.

Working with such a well recognised company and the warmth of the staff made my day enjoyable.
Pros
Continuous learning and training
Cons
compensation/benefits - not a priority
Army First Sergeant (Current Employee) –  Fort Lee, VAAugust 7, 2013
A typical day would consist of early meeting with key leadership to discuss plans of actions for the workday and week. I conduct training with employees and allow them to perform their daily duties with direct supervision from my staff. I attend board meeting with my superiors and co-workers several days a week. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the progression of my employees.
Benefits
Fun work places
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 23, 2014
Going to different jobs everyday, I learned how to work a lot of different machines, one was the Forklift. Never had same manager but they were all great. And all the co-workers at these jobs were so helpful. The hardest part was finding the jobs. The best part was working at different places.
Pros
Learning how different machines work
Cons
Temp jobs
Enjoyable
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Marion, INAugust 7, 2015
I learned different skills. I was made an inspector as well as loaded machines. My co-workers were fun to be around. Made sure the boxes were loaded in the machines correctly so they wouldn't stop production.
Pros
3 days on 2 days off/2 days on 3 days off
Cons
The U.S. government is always an excellent employer
Personnel Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 19, 2012
-I developed selection plans for vacant positions in a wide variety of Federal agencies. Some positions required examinations in order to qualify for jobs such as Air Traffic Controller and Food Inspector. Candidates would then be evaluated using their experience and education in order to develop referral lists.
-I learned the components necessary to properly perform in a job. I worked with SME's (subject matter experts) in order to create useful selection documents from which employers could interview and select potential employees.
-I was also an evaluator - visiting other Federal agency personnel offices to advise, assist and improve.
-The hardest part of the job was driving in inclimate weather.
- The best part of the job was working with great people.
Pros
the u.s. office of personnel management recruited high quality candidates for the u.s. government.
Very productive and fun environment
ADMIN SERVICES (Current Employee) –  Hunter Army Airfield, GAAugust 5, 2015
Co-workers were always very helpful when asked for help. The hardest part of the job was enjoying lunch without a phone call.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2