Personnel One

Personnel One Employer Reviews

great
Auditing Claims (Former Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 22, 2014
got lots of knowledge on claim analyst and auditing claims for proompt payment from insurance
A nice place to work for
Office Clerk (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: no benefits
The employees at Personnel are helpful and cooperative. Personnel placed me with a couple of companies that would have been difficult to place myself at, they answered questions quickly and helped me find permanant work.
Great Experience at Personnel One
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLJuly 7, 2014
Pros: open communication
Cons: superiors
It has been a very great experience working with this Personnel One. The management team have been very professional during their communication process. I have been assigned as executive assistant, administrative assistant and also to work at various trade and exhibition shows as support staff. My experience with this company has been awesome. All companies, – more... locations, and environment to which I have been assigned have been satisfactory; and the assignments, supervisory, follow up processes have been excellent. – less
Placed in fun positions
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLMarch 20, 2014
Pros: great work environment
Cons: contract assignment
Great experience working for City of West Palm Beach, FL Utilized my abilities as an Administrative Assistant
Two person office team taking care of the needs of 7 techs.
Check-in Coordinator/Assistant-(temp) (Former Employee), West Jordan, UTJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: great people, good environment, short days
Cons: cockroaches
A typical day at work consisted of paper work and cable equipment. My job was mostly done on the computer where I would check in cable equipment that was being returned, run reports, double check everything so that we knew it matched the reports, handle the cash and check payments that were brought in, sort work orders for the techs and answering the – more... phone when it rang. I also got to listen to the others as they vented their frustrations about changes that were being made in the company.

I learned a lot working for this company. I learned that there are many different types of cable boxes, how to look at them and decide what category they belong in. I learned how to verify work and put my detective skills to use as we would sometimes have to go in search of things. Everyone has a specific way of looking at things and I was able to adjust the way I dealt with them. I learned that as a group you can do great things but when one team member slacks it hurts everyone.

My manager was great!!! The best boss I could ever have. He worked with you not against you. He stuck up for you and was always willing to help when he could. He was able to see a problem, talk about it with you without making you feel stupid and worked with you to resolve it. He was firm when he needed to be and understood that everyone was an individual and had a special way he worked with everyone to help us succeed.

My co-workers were great too!! To some they might seem like a rough group but that wasn't the case. They came from a variety of backgrounds and worked hard to get the job done.They became more then just co-workers, they became friends and we were able to talk and get acquainted when they checked in their equipment. Some were shy and quiet while others were loud and opinionated. It might not have all liked each other but they did respect everyone. They all looked out for me and made sure i was safe.

The hardest part about my job was having to say goodbye when we got word that due to production they would be terminating my position. It was extremely difficult to walk away from good people who I had become attached to.

The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to come to work and knowing I was appreciated. I was able to learn what I needed to do to become as efficient as possible and help the company. The people that I worked with made it a great place to be and I never once complained about having to go to work. I loved my job and the people I worked with. There will never be a better place. I really hated to leave. I've cried several times at the thought that I will not see them again. – less
professional
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Sandy Springs, GASeptember 27, 2013
This staffing agency helped me find a decent job. They were always professional and extremely genuine.
Good company to work for
Clerical/Customer Service (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLSeptember 23, 2013
Interacting with people everyday brought adventure and excitement to my day. I've learned that people are different and everyone is entitled to an opinion.
Serious yet sometimes relaxing
File Clerk (Former Employee), Venice, FLAugust 21, 2013
Pros: reimbersed for gas and encouraging clients
Cons: it was temporary
A typical work day at the beginning was 2pm-8pm working with files going claims and going forward in the process.
I moved up to 8am-5pm sometimes longer and traveled to Naples from Venice everyday.
The job started out with around twenty-five people and more cuts were made to about eight to ten.
My co-workers varied and very easy to get along with and – more... made the job have plenty of laughs.
The hardest part was the traveling and the most enjoyable part was working seperate and together. – less
Good team members and Staff
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLAugust 8, 2013
If you are in staffing, you must have an eye for detail.

Typical Day: Interviewing candidates for business looking for temporary/temp to hire/permanent placement. Ensuring the candidates meet the requirements of the client seeking assistance, maintaining paperwork for all candidates, phone screening candidates and testing skills.

Co-Workers: Excellent

Hardest – more... part of the job when a candidate does not show up to their Assigned Site with no communication, misconduct which can easily cause you to lose the client.

Most enjoyable part of the job: When both the client and the candidate are happy. – less
A great company to work for However, I do wish they had an office in the Roanoke Va area
Document Control Specialist (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 4, 2013
Pros: everyone was treated as an equal
Cons: wished job could hae lead to full time work
Reviewing Environmental Safety documents prepping, scanning and quality check.

Management was wonderful, Co-Workers what a great team everyone worked hard, helped and really cared for each other.

The hardest part of the job was the job ending But the most enjoyable part was a job I will never forget.
Life as a temp employee
Processor (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLMay 22, 2013
Pros: the hours
Cons: being a temp employee does not guarantee employment
My last position was as a temp to perm employee through Personnel One. The management at Personnel One is great. They help potential employees find positions with employers that match their skills. My last position was as PIP Processor level II. For this position I would review medical records for discrepancies. I learned many new skills at this position. – more... Such as how to read and understand Explanation of Benefits (EOB's). The hardest and most enjoyable aspect of this job was to figure out whether or not file I was working on was a PIP case or not. I was in hopes of being hired on as a full time employee. Unfortunately, the assignment ended. – less
Coordinating Patient Medical Care
Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 30, 2013
Instrumental in scheduling 25-30 oncology patients weekly for chemotherapy treatments.
Liasion between oncology specialist, and primary care physicians to coordinate patient care.
Responsible for patient imaging (MRIs, CT scans, mammograms) ensuring they are accessible.
Educated patients regarding medical terminology, testing procedures, and the oncology – more... treatment.
Accountable for handling 30-35 patient medical records with a focus on HIPAA compliance. – less
Order raw material for a company that makes Dresses,Sauces and Mayo.
Material Coordinator (Current Employee), Norcross, GAMarch 29, 2013
I really like the company and my co-workers. Since I have been there for 7 months I have been trained on several jobs. Every day is a different day, you have to make sure you look at your reports everyday and make sure you order enough raw material to come in the folliwing week so production does not run out of anything, including labels, boxes and – more... bottels.
I really enjoy the company over all. – less
Fun and enjoyable
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee), Decatur, GAMarch 4, 2013
Personnel One is a temp agency that assigned me a contract to a customer service job. It has been a while so I can't remember everything about the job. I did increase my customer service skills
Long term assignments aren't worth investing time, work, or energy in!!!
General Office Clerk (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FloridaJanuary 24, 2013
Pros: great short term assignments if you really are looking for one, can last a few days or weeks
Cons: long term assignments are awful, underpaid and overworked, long commute to work without a salary to compensate the travel of gas and time
* It is hard to advance and grow in a company such as this one. It is hard to prove yourself as a hard worker when you rarely find long term work with them. The short term job assignments they have are great, but the long term job assignments, where the client is looking to hire and place someone immediately tends to be very awful. I have noticed when – more... Personnel One is rushing to place you somewhere to fill a job opening, it is because the person before you either quit because they couldn't handle working there anymore, or the temp or permanent employee before you was fired unfairly. The thing I learned about Personnel One is you have to be really careful just allowing yourself to be placed quickly in a long term job assignment with them.

* If you do find a long term assignment it doesn't last normally. The long term assignment might last a few months, if that. The long term job assignment won't last because of the mechanism of how the company you are working for is ran. For a variety of reasons the long term assignment can just end for you, which could be a result of the flawed and inappropriate management there and/or unprofessional business practices in terms of where you are working.

* The thing is, you may make 8 dollars an hour, but Personnel One is getting paid way more for your hard work and labor. The thing is you don't feel the seeds of your labor, because of such a poor salary. By the time you commute from the work location to your home, you are deducting 40-50 dollars a week in gas from at most 300 dollars you are making for full time work, 40 hours of work per week. If you look at the average amount you would be bringing in weekly, it is 250 dollars a week, about 1,000 dollars a month, and 12,000 dollars a year. It is impossible to live off of such a wage for full time work. You would have to get two jobs just to survive, and forget if you have children you will never be able to support a family on the wage they pay you.

* After a period of time, of working at this wage, you feel really underpaid and overworked which becomes literally exhausting to you, then you have to make up an excuse to why you want to quit even though it should be self explanatory that where you are working is horrible pay and just physically tiring, but your recruiter doesn't fully understand, and you don't want to let Personnel One down. This became a challenge for me, but I felt so totally burned out.

*** I would just say to stick to short term assignments with them, as the long term assignments were really awful, and they aren't worth investing time, work, or energy in. When I first started working with them I was looking for a great job with benefits for my family and myself, didn't happen. Felt more like 3rd world wages and 3rd world working environment.

*** It was better for me to find employment elsewhere, which made me more persistent, determined, and outgoing to actually put myself out there more to find a job that fit my needs. I had a total burnout with Personnel One, and I needed to look for a better opportunity where I could meet my family and my needs, not just to satisfy the recruiter or the long term job assignment. – less
Didn't have a good experience: I felt I was not valued or appreciated: I feel like you are a number to Personnel One, not a person
Office assistant to a large client (Former Employee), Hollywood, FLJanuary 10, 2013
Pros: a job with income, working different job positions to gain experience, finding a job in short period of time
Cons: high turnover rate in job positions they place you in, low pay, not good benefits (mostly no benefits), client treats you any kind of way
Not a good temp agency. Family emergencies or health conditions you may have are not valued or appreciated nearly enough like they ought to. Your well-being is not appreciated in any way, shape, or form. I have been with them on and off for several years now, along with a few of my friends and the experiences people discuss are not good ones with them. – more... DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME. READ ALL THE REVIEWS HERE, AND YOU'LL SEE OTHER PEOPLE HAVE NOT HAD GOOD EXPERIENCES TOO. I feel Personnel One places you in job positions just to make money off of you, it doesn't matter what happens to you when you’re working for the client, because you are just a number, not a person with feelings or rights. You could be easily replaced by Personnel One, so they don't have to care what happens to you.

Personnel One doesn't look at it from the standpoint that it's the client that is not good, they make it seem like it's you all the time, even if it isn't you. Their client matters because their client pays them, you are just a worker, nothing more. It's easier for Personnel One to replace a temporary employee, but its harder for them to find a client. The clients keep Personnel One going and in business, and clients in this economic downturn we are experiencing are hard to find. A client is like gold to Personnel One, and you as a temp employee are like rust or decomposition (something to break down, like decay, like not worth any value). You are not truly appreciated; you are a number, less than a person, less than a human being.

For example you could lose your job because the client says it's your job performance, come to find out it isn't your job performance it's the fact you weren't trained properly by the client, and you had to learn how to work for the company without proper training, you just had to learn along as the days progressed how to work for the company by watching other people work who have been there longer than you, no manager or other coworker really worked alongside to train you the correct or proper way, you were thrown into the position (sink or swim) to learn how to work on your own. Yet you lose your job because you aren't working up to par, but it isn't you’re doing, it's the fact you weren't trained to work the most effective or sufficient way by the client.

A lot of times you lose your job over nothing really. You could be labeled as having a job performance issue, or labeled as being rude at work, when that isn't always the case of who you are. A lot of times a manager will talk to you rudely or talk to you any kind of way because they don't value or respect you, and you defend yourself in a respectful way, and then you are labeled rude or disrespectful when it isn't you who caused the situation, you are just standing up for yourself. I will give you an example, you can report to a manager of the client that there are safety issues at work, the manager will say no there isn't or you will look silly or ridiculous saying this to upper management like say the HR manager or CEO, you want to tell them about the safety issue, and then I say to the manager "it's factual, you are the one who isn't looking into the safety issues not me, it makes you silly not looking into what I am telling you, if you can prevent other people from being put in harm’s way at work". Then because you say that to the manager you could lose your job all because you are concerned over your safety, and the safety of your other coworkers. For instance if you ever report anything to the client you see going on say something dangerous or immoral or unfair or unethical, they will call you silly, or some other name, and then deny what you are saying about what is going on, even though it is factual what you are saying, so that manager doesn't get in trouble, or the business or the client doesn't get in trouble. In fact the manager might even try to cover up the safety issue, so that when you bring it to the HR manager's attention or the CEO it is no longer there, but it was there prior. What I mean you are not working for a legitimate company when this is the case.

The client and manager gets rid of you for the simplest or littlest reasons, and it may not be your fault, that is why I say don't work for this temp agency because there is no job security when you are working for these kind of ridiculous clients. If you speak up about things happening to you at the client site, you could easily lose your job for any reason or no reason at all. A lot of times you are working in not good situations, and if you even voice what is happening to you, you are labeled the wrong thing, you are labeled hard to work with, difficult to work with, you are labeled something totally opposite of who you are. This is what I mean, when I say Personnel One doesn't place temps in the best facilities or client sites. I gave a good example above about the safety issue, and then how you can say something and then you get called a name, or they don't take you seriously or you lose your job for speaking up.

Personnel One never takes personal accountability with placing you in not good temp assignments. Personnel One lacks recruiters who are logical and critical thinkers, they think on a mediocre level never looking at the signs of why the client is no good, never looking at the full picture of the client or the business you are working for: for instance for me: (why would I make up there is a safety issue with my temp assignment, that makes no sense, but the temp agency and the client don't respect you or care enough about you to ever believe the credibility of what you are saying they just believe the client). In fact most times they place you with a client never knowing the history of problems the client has had before you got there, so then you end up getting placed in a place that has some serious problems and isn't a good place for you to be, but you never were made aware of it. You can explain things to Personnel One about the client, and what is wrong with the client, detail for detail, and Personnel One cannot retain or absorb what you are saying about the client because a lot of the recruiters lack depth to their thinking and reasoning. With some recruiters all the signs could be shown the client is no good, the client could even say things that sound fishy or not right, yet they don't believe you, or they don't see it, like there is a haze over the eyes of the recruiter, there is a lot of lack of common sense or logic on their part.

This is why I say I wouldn't work for them, because eventually in time, these experiences I wrote about here, will happen to you too in some shape or form because of the kind of clients they pick or because of the kind of people you are working around. It just wasn't a good for me.

Working one or two assignments for them might be beneficial, but working multiple or many assignments eventually over a period of time, you will be placed in a not so good business or client, and that was my experience. – less
Convenient at the time.
Temporary Assignee (Former Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 7, 2013
Pros: good pay at the time.
Cons: could not plan ahead because calls to report to work would be unexpected.
Mostly secretarial and clerical work at different work places.
I learned to be flexible among different work requirements and tasks.
Management was great.
Co-workers nice and respectful.
Hardest part of my job was that I never knew when I had to work and sometimes they would call me only a couple of hours before they needed, so I always had to be ready.
Most – more... enjoyable was that I did so may different things and worked so many different places: Insurance companies, credit card companies, radio station, condominium reception, etc. – less
Real Talk: Temporary agencies aren't all they profess to be
clerical positions. customer service. (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FloridaJanuary 4, 2013
Pros: some income coming in if you have no income at all coming in
Cons: disrespectful and unethical clients, no flexibility with job hours or job assignments, waiting a long time to be contacted for a temp assignment, immoral clients, rude and intrusive coworkers, lack of honesty and respect from the client and the agency, unstable income never a fixed or set income, rarely long term job assignments, place people in job positions most would overlook or wouldn't take
This temporary agency has been around for over 30 years, and it comes across to me like this agency does not care about the best interest or the happiness or health of their temporary employees, but this was what I felt when working for them. This temp agency cares more about their clients than you, you come 2nd to their client always. If their client – more... is wrong you have to pretend their client is right to keep your job. Sometimes you are placed in job positions working with the lowest of low people who talk to you and treat you any kind of way, lots of people at times are not honest, flaky, shady, immoral, and just not people you want to associate yourself with outside of a job setting, but you suffer with working with them during the day at your work setting. The client could treat you like a piece of trash or less than human, and this temporary agency still keeps this client, but they most likely won't keep you. If you say anything to defend yourself against an unfavorable or unruly client, forget them placing you in temporary assignments. The client could totally treat you unethically and unprofessionally, and this temporary agency doesn't stand up for you or do much to make you feel humane, rather you'd feel very disrespected, and you are supposed to just allow yourself to be treated this way, if you want to keep your job. Over the years a lot of staff who used to work at this temporary agency have mysteriously left or stopped working there, and you ask why and they never answer your questions as to why they left. You could drive all the way to a temp assignment, and then when you are half way there the client can say they don't want you to come, and you never get reimbursed for your gas or time. You almost become a robot to this agency, you don't know where they will place you local or far, you don't know what kind of client you will experience it is a big risk you take working for temporary assignments for them. You could be working fine for this agency one day, and then the next day the client can say they don't want you working there and you can lose your job for any reason or no reason, the client rarely ever cares for your best interest so the client doesn't even care and the client doesn't even think twice of terminating you. Lots of favoritism, some temps are treated better than others based on how they look, or how well they have done in being placed and working with multiple clients of theirs. This temporary agency like most agencies are very inconsistent, they call you sometimes never on a regular basis. You have to wait weeks sometimes months to a year to find an assignment, and the assignment could be very short term or far away from you. It's best just to find a job on your own, and not wait for an agency because you could be waiting years with no steady job and no benefits. Most of the jobs pay you 10 dollars an hour or less with no benefits. It's better to find a job on your own. Temp agencies don't screen well enough their applicants, so you could be working with people who are not great citizens in the world and who are even more inhumane than the client. If you type in Google bad experiences with temporary agencies or temporary agencies lie, you will come up with so much information which you should read, analyze, and evaluate which would show you temp agencies aren't all they are said to be, and they aren't what they seem. It was a waste of time me working for a temporary agency, and hopefully my review of my experiences with them helps other people to not experience what I did. – less
A Pleasing and Professional Staffing Agency
Consultant (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 27, 2012
Pros: professional, curteous, quick placement, and attentive.
Cons: no cons.
My overall experience with Personnel One was very brief because I was relocating.

The agency did find me temporary work very quickly on short notice and placed me at an excellent company that offered me a permanent position within a few months.

Personnel One's staff was professional and excellent in its customer service towards me and I would use – more... them again and recommend their service. – less
temp job
Field Associate (Former Employee), orlando flOctober 8, 2012
this was for a temp agency so the job was not always the same. learned how to work different jobs.