Personnel One Employee Reviews

Personnel One- assigned to Inter-American Development Bank
Procurement Contracts Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 28, 2015
Good management, good benefits, great contracts with reputable organizations, great communication with employees, competitive pay, good work-life balance.
Pros
Excellent contacts with major IFIs
Waste of time just applying
No way (Former Employee) –  No howDecember 16, 2015
I just wasted a half an hour applying for a File Clerk position only to get to the end and it tell me my application was denied? What a waste of time to go through all the weird questions they asked. Don't waste your time!
unorganized
Data Entry Specialists (Current Employee) –  St Petersburg FLSeptember 22, 2015
Where they placed me was a good company to work for, pleasant people just a bit unorganized. The temp agency was very unorganized and didn't care about their employees advancement or happiness in their job.
Pros
could wear jeans
Cons
no benefits and no holiday pay
Fun place to work
current temp assignments (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJuly 14, 2015
I enjoy working in with company, experiencing different environments and love work ethics and time que for jobs schedules and a great staff to work with.
Enjoyable employment - This is a Temp agency
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLNovember 21, 2014
Worked with a property tax company and learned how to assess property taxes and report delinquent taxes to the proper authorities. Sometimes the hardest part was searching for the correct property area. My co-workers were very helpful in finding this information.

Worked in the payroll department for a large company. This was intimidating at times because of the serious subject nature. I found it very enjoyable to talk with various agencies to gather the correct information needed.
Pros
work at our own pace.
Cons
temporary employment
great
Auditing Claims (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 22, 2014
got lots of knowledge on claim analyst and auditing claims for proompt payment from insurance
A nice place to work for
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 29, 2014
The employees at Personnel are helpful and cooperative. Personnel placed me with a couple of companies that would have been difficult to place myself at, they answered questions quickly and helped me find permanant work.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
no benefits
Great Experience at Personnel One
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 7, 2014
It has been a very great experience working with this Personnel One. The management team have been very professional during their communication process. I have been assigned as executive assistant, administrative assistant and also to work at various trade and exhibition shows as support staff. My experience with this company has been awesome. All companies, locations, and environment to which I have been assigned have been satisfactory; and the assignments, supervisory, follow up processes have been excellent.
Pros
open communication
Cons
superiors
Placed in fun positions
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMarch 20, 2014
Great experience working for City of West Palm Beach, FL Utilized my abilities as an Administrative Assistant
Pros
great work environment
Cons
contract assignment
Two person office team taking care of the needs of 7 techs.
Check-in Coordinator/Assistant-(temp) (Former Employee) –  West Jordan, UTJanuary 15, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of paper work and cable equipment. My job was mostly done on the computer where I would check in cable equipment that was being returned, run reports, double check everything so that we knew it matched the reports, handle the cash and check payments that were brought in, sort work orders for the techs and answering the phone when it rang. I also got to listen to the others as they vented their frustrations about changes that were being made in the company.

I learned a lot working for this company. I learned that there are many different types of cable boxes, how to look at them and decide what category they belong in. I learned how to verify work and put my detective skills to use as we would sometimes have to go in search of things. Everyone has a specific way of looking at things and I was able to adjust the way I dealt with them. I learned that as a group you can do great things but when one team member slacks it hurts everyone.

My manager was great!!! The best boss I could ever have. He worked with you not against you. He stuck up for you and was always willing to help when he could. He was able to see a problem, talk about it with you without making you feel stupid and worked with you to resolve it. He was firm when he needed to be and understood that everyone was an individual and had a special way he worked with everyone to help us succeed.

My co-workers were great too!! To some they might seem like a rough group but that wasn't the case. They came from a variety of backgrounds and worked hard to get the job done.They became more then
  more... just co-workers, they became friends and we were able to talk and get acquainted when they checked in their equipment. Some were shy and quiet while others were loud and opinionated. It might not have all liked each other but they did respect everyone. They all looked out for me and made sure i was safe.

The hardest part about my job was having to say goodbye when we got word that due to production they would be terminating my position. It was extremely difficult to walk away from good people who I had become attached to.

The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to come to work and knowing I was appreciated. I was able to learn what I needed to do to become as efficient as possible and help the company. The people that I worked with made it a great place to be and I never once complained about having to go to work. I loved my job and the people I worked with. There will never be a better place. I really hated to leave. I've cried several times at the thought that I will not see them again.
Pros
great people, good environment, short days
Cons
cockroaches

Want to know more about Personnel One?

Ask a question
professional
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GASeptember 27, 2013
This staffing agency helped me find a decent job. They were always professional and extremely genuine.
Good company to work for
Clerical/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLSeptember 23, 2013
Interacting with people everyday brought adventure and excitement to my day. I've learned that people are different and everyone is entitled to an opinion.
Serious yet sometimes relaxing
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Venice, FLAugust 21, 2013
A typical work day at the beginning was 2pm-8pm working with files going claims and going forward in the process.
I moved up to 8am-5pm sometimes longer and traveled to Naples from Venice everyday.
The job started out with around twenty-five people and more cuts were made to about eight to ten.
My co-workers varied and very easy to get along with and made the job have plenty of laughs.
The hardest part was the traveling and the most enjoyable part was working seperate and together.
Pros
reimbersed for gas and encouraging clients
Cons
it was temporary
Good team members and Staff
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLAugust 8, 2013
If you are in staffing, you must have an eye for detail.

Typical Day: Interviewing candidates for business looking for temporary/temp to hire/permanent placement. Ensuring the candidates meet the requirements of the client seeking assistance, maintaining paperwork for all candidates, phone screening candidates and testing skills.

Co-Workers: Excellent

Hardest part of the job when a candidate does not show up to their Assigned Site with no communication, misconduct which can easily cause you to lose the client.

Most enjoyable part of the job: When both the client and the candidate are happy.
A great company to work for However, I do wish they had an office in the Roanoke Va area
Document Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 4, 2013
Reviewing Environmental Safety documents prepping, scanning and quality check.

Management was wonderful, Co-Workers what a great team everyone worked hard, helped and really cared for each other.

The hardest part of the job was the job ending But the most enjoyable part was a job I will never forget.
Pros
everyone was treated as an equal
Cons
wished job could hae lead to full time work
Life as a temp employee
Processor (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMay 22, 2013
My last position was as a temp to perm employee through Personnel One. The management at Personnel One is great. They help potential employees find positions with employers that match their skills. My last position was as PIP Processor level II. For this position I would review medical records for discrepancies. I learned many new skills at this position. Such as how to read and understand Explanation of Benefits (EOB's). The hardest and most enjoyable aspect of this job was to figure out whether or not file I was working on was a PIP case or not. I was in hopes of being hired on as a full time employee. Unfortunately, the assignment ended.
Pros
the hours
Cons
being a temp employee does not guarantee employment
Coordinating Patient Medical Care
Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 30, 2013
Instrumental in scheduling 25-30 oncology patients weekly for chemotherapy treatments.
Liasion between oncology specialist, and primary care physicians to coordinate patient care.
Responsible for patient imaging (MRIs, CT scans, mammograms) ensuring they are accessible.
Educated patients regarding medical terminology, testing procedures, and the oncology treatment.
Accountable for handling 30-35 patient medical records with a focus on HIPAA compliance.
Order raw material for a company that makes Dresses,Sauces and Mayo.
Material Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAMarch 29, 2013
I really like the company and my co-workers. Since I have been there for 7 months I have been trained on several jobs. Every day is a different day, you have to make sure you look at your reports everyday and make sure you order enough raw material to come in the folliwing week so production does not run out of anything, including labels, boxes and bottels.
I really enjoy the company over all.
Fun and enjoyable
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAMarch 4, 2013
Personnel One is a temp agency that assigned me a contract to a customer service job. It has been a while so I can't remember everything about the job. I did increase my customer service skills
Long term assignments aren't worth investing time, work, or energy in!!!
General Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FloridaJanuary 24, 2013
* It is hard to advance and grow in a company such as this one. It is hard to prove yourself as a hard worker when you rarely find long term work with them. The short term job assignments they have are great, but the long term job assignments, where the client is looking to hire and place someone immediately tends to be very awful. I have noticed when Personnel One is rushing to place you somewhere to fill a job opening, it is because the person before you either quit because they couldn't handle working there anymore, or the temp or permanent employee before you was fired unfairly. The thing I learned about Personnel One is you have to be really careful just allowing yourself to be placed quickly in a long term job assignment with them.

* If you do find a long term assignment it doesn't last normally. The long term assignment might last a few months, if that. The long term job assignment won't last because of the mechanism of how the company you are working for is ran. For a variety of reasons the long term assignment can just end for you, which could be a result of the flawed and inappropriate management there and/or unprofessional business practices in terms of where you are working.

* The thing is, you may make 8 dollars an hour, but Personnel One is getting paid way more for your hard work and labor. The thing is you don't feel the seeds of your labor, because of such a poor salary. By the time you commute from the work location to your home, you are deducting 40-50 dollars a week in gas from at most 300 dollars you are making for full time work, 40 hours of work per
  more... week. If you look at the average amount you would be bringing in weekly, it is 250 dollars a week, about 1,000 dollars a month, and 12,000 dollars a year. It is impossible to live off of such a wage for full time work. You would have to get two jobs just to survive, and forget if you have children you will never be able to support a family on the wage they pay you.

* After a period of time, of working at this wage, you feel really underpaid and overworked which becomes literally exhausting to you, then you have to make up an excuse to why you want to quit even though it should be self explanatory that where you are working is horrible pay and just physically tiring, but your recruiter doesn't fully understand, and you don't want to let Personnel One down. This became a challenge for me, but I felt so totally burned out.

*** I would just say to stick to short term assignments with them, as the long term assignments were really awful, and they aren't worth investing time, work, or energy in. When I first started working with them I was looking for a great job with benefits for my family and myself, didn't happen. Felt more like 3rd world wages and 3rd world working environment.

*** It was better for me to find employment elsewhere, which made me more persistent, determined, and outgoing to actually put myself out there more to find a job that fit my needs. I had a total burnout with Personnel One, and I needed to look for a better opportunity where I could meet my family and my needs, not just to satisfy the recruiter or the long term job assignment.
Pros
great short term assignments if you really are looking for one, can last a few days or weeks
Cons
long term assignments are awful, underpaid and overworked, long commute to work without a salary to compensate the travel of gas and time