Outstanding growing Edina automotive component manufacuring company seeks a quality leader!
Under the direction of the Quality Manager or designate; provide engineering support in safety, new product startups, continuous improvement, process improvements, waste reduction, problem solving and cost reductions in meeting company goals and objectives. Conduct business in accordance with company practices & policies in order to promote companies public image.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Participate in cross functional teams in the development of new/revised products and process to meet customer requirements and project timelines.
- Serve as quality liaison with customers regarding PPAP planning and completion, customer complaints, general communications - establish and maintain a positive relationship.
- Identify and implement continuous improvement activities as it relates to product quality.
- Resolve supplier quality issues associated with defined product families.
- Act as a resource to the manufacturing floor to resolve issues that may have an impact on product quality.
- Take ownership of the quality system for assigned areas and projects. This includes: control plans, process capability studies, visual aids, forms and other associated documents.
- Develop and maintain prototype, pre-launch and production control plans consistent with the requirements set forth in the AIAG Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) Reference Manual.
- Conduct capability studies and measurement system analysis; prepare visual aids to support with manufacturing quality criteria. Conduct audits to insure manufacturing process conformance.
- Maintain quality records that support APQP planning and the TS quality system. Develop and deploy forms and record retention procedures when needed.
- Take corrective and/or preventative action when the product or process does not conform to stated requirements. Take preventative action based upon the regular review of quality assurance data to reduce variation and waste.
- Investigate causes of non-conforming product and disposition appropriately.
- Support continuous improvement processes and activities
Customer Specific Requirements
Supplier Part Approvals
Submission of DCS forms
Document Management System
Some Travel Required
Four Year Engineering Degree and Minimum of 5 Years of Quality Experience Required.