Personnel Services Unlimited

Personnel Services Unlimited Employer Reviews

Its a decent temp service...
CNC Machine Operator (Former Employee), Forest City, NCJuly 25, 2013
Pros: you've got a very temporary income
Cons: basically paying for no insurance, open ended contracts, mediocre pay
I worked for PSU for well over a year. They're decent. The staff is very nice, but that's as far as it goes. I suppose I can be bitter toward them at times because I was a good, knowledgeable employee and the company didn't hire me... I don't know if that was PSU's fault or the company's.
Do Not, I repeat, DO NOT waste your money on their insurance. – more... They will not cover ANYTHING. I still owe medical bills thanks to that insurance along with other coworkers that I spoke with on a daily basis. They had the same problem, one of which had his bills paid the way they were supposed to, but he had to fight them tooth and nail to get them to do it.
So all together, I guess it depends on the contracting company as to whether you get hired or not. PSU will not push for you in that matter. I made it through 3 lay offs before being blessed with a way out... How many will you make it through?
Oh and the pay is no good too... Its above average, but I came in with 4 years of experience in the field I was being placed in, needless to say, I wasn't satisfied, but I had to take it. – less
Staffing
Personnel Assistant (Current Employee), Forest City, NCJuly 11, 2012
My manager is very knowledgeable when it comes to staffing. And she has a open door policy. She is direct and lets you know exactly what is expected of you. My co-workers are nice and friendly. Everyone knows what their responsibilites are and we work together very well. The hardest part of the job is not being able to find employment for every individual – more... that needs it. – less
Temp company,
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Forest City, NCMay 13, 2012
Pros: different jobs, different company
Cons: not knowing if you are needed.
Working was always unsure. Had to wait until other company needed help. Had to get at least 400 hours in with one company before you could get hired on full time.