Peru State College Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Great campus atmosphere with a lot to offer a student athlete
Work Study Employee (Former Employee) –  Peru, NEMay 26, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Peru State College and work was fairly easy because of the great people I worked with. These people were outgoing and care a lot about your well being and helping you become successful people after college.
Pros
Free lunch and dinner
Cons
No breaks
productive, yet fun work enviornment
Layout Editor (Former Employee) –  Peru, NEMay 13, 2015
Working for the school newspaper was a wonderful experience that I wish I could still partake in. Being that I am no longer a student, I know that I have taken away experiences that will benefit me in the future. I started out knowing very little about Adobe InDesign and within a year, I became the layout editor and became much more knowledgeable about the program. Being a full-time student, finding time to work on anything can be difficult. Writing and layout the paper was something that easily fit into my busy schedule.
Great place to work and fun environment
Staff Assistant/Work study (Former Employee) –  Peru, NEJanuary 13, 2014
As a staff assistant, I did various duties like creating posters and fliers, research, answered phones, ran errands for co-workers. My co-workers were all helpful and kind.
Pros
Flexible hours, great colleagues, use of creativity
Cons
not many hours, lack of work
Empowering and development of skills
Outreach and Administrative Committee Member (Former Employee) –  Peru, NENovember 13, 2013
I communicated with the assistant to the major of Auburn, NE through email. I also wrote memos and professional invitations to city hall meetings. I organized information that had been collected. I communicated well with the other members of my committee. I really enjoyed being involved in the community and feeling like I was helping.
Perfect Work-study job
Veterans Affairs Representative (Former Employee) –  Peru, NEAugust 8, 2013
I really enjoyed my work at Peru State. I was the VA Representative for the veterans that were attending Peru State, both on and off campus. I took care of correspondence between not only the veterans but the VA as well. My supervisor was fantastic and gave me the time to attend classes and take care of lab time that I needed for my course of study. I learned how to multi-task and do administrative work in a timely manner. My co-workers were excellent. I enjoyed being in the administrative offices with so many pleasant people. The hardest part of the job was the number of files that I had to maintain but it was bareable.
Pros
The pleasant work environment
Cons
the VA
Residence Life
Fusion Coordinator/Conference Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Peru, NEFebruary 12, 2013
Working in Residence Life at Peru State College means that there is no typical day at work. During this job I learned how to better manage my time. I was very organized and had great time management skills before this job but having on call hours and being a resource to many individuals makes time very precious. I had some management opportunities with this position. I had 3 mentors that reported to me as well as 5 other Resident Assistants that looked to me as a supervisor. The hardest part of this position was the long hours necessary, sometimes up to 60 hours a week. The most enjoyable part was being able to work with student.
A great school serving the region.
Instructor - Industrial Technology and Education (Former Employee) –  Peru, NEDecember 15, 2011
A close community of teachers and students serving Southeast Nebraska and adjoining states.
Pros
high student retention
Cons
a very small community, not close to metropolitan services.