Job Title: Account Supervisor, Leading Pet Food Company Sales Team
Description: Use all your creative and sales skills to achieve or exceed monthly and annual sales goals. You will build and maintain professional relationships with a leading national Pet store operations team to foster strong ties and support for a leading pet food brand. Educate store associates on our pet food company products and the benefits of natural nutrition. Be the one to convert non-food customers to our products and assist new pet parents in selecting the right nutrition for their pet.
You will conduct regular store visits, review store inventory, and support ongoing monthly promotions. You will use your skills to serve as an advocate for the Pet Store and District business needs while balancing our company’s profitability. Your territory will be the states western Ohio, Michigan, and Indiana.
Core skills required: You will use your exceptional selling skills combined with solid product knowledge and advocacy for animal nutrition. Leadership, efficient time-management and follow-up skills are important to your success. Public speaking and presentation skills are a necessary component of this position. Good verbal and written communication skills are required. You should have the ability to manage and train a demo staff. You will articulate our brand message, specific product info and marketing details to store operations associates and our demonstrators. It is important that you have the ability to appropriately influence store associates (within Ethics Policy) to gain support for our product, in-store displays, inventory management, support of promotions and training. Exhibiting professional business standards and demeanor at all times is essential.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsibility to improve brand performance trends within territory
- Accountable to achieve sales and profitability plans for territory
- Conduct regular, quality visits to every store monthly
- Direct selling responsibilities to consumers
- Complete knowledge of promotions, inventory and marketing materials
- Ensure all monthly promotions are signed and have sufficient inventory
- Ensure stores are faced, fronted, in-stock, product rotated, shop-able and well-maintained (signing, prices, etc)
- Solicit necessary support to ensure local events are executed per standard
- Communicate new products and package changes to store associates
- Plan and manage the demo team resources appropriately
- Execute local events per standard (planning, ordering, staffing, etc)
- Effective and efficiently manage expenses, samples and marketing materials per budget and policy
- Follow monthly and quarterly business objectives for territory
- Identify and communicate opportunities to drive sales
- Conduct Store or District training and/or seminars to PETCO store associates
- Recruiting, staffing and training of demonstrators within territory
- Other duties as assigned
Nature of Work: This is a salaried + commission position plus med/dental/vision benefits, 401(k)], 40-55 hours per week, which includes a minimum of two weekends per month in retail stores. Majority of work is performed in the field, visiting pet retail stores, competitors, and meeting with Retail store management. Significant amount of work in retail sales floor environment requires you to be standing on your feet for long periods of time. Ability to lift 28 pound bags of pet food, regular product rotation and stocking is required. Significant driving to destinations to conduct work is a necessity, with long periods of time seated in a car or airplane. Periodic offsite location work includes set up demonstration tables and/or tents, folding chairs, etc. Approximately 15% of time worked is performed seated indoors at a home office location.
Experience/Education: Minimum of High School diploma is required; Bachelor college degree is preferred but not required. 2-4 years experience in sales or as an Account Supervisor. Experience in retail is required, pet industry is strongly preferred.
Must provide own vehicle in good working condition and adhere to all policies in Employee Manual for terms of continued Employment.
Must have empathy for animals; having a dog or cat within household is preferred.
Technical proficiencies: Working knowledge of MS Office, Word, Excel, & Outlook and Blackberry/wireless devices. Willingness to understand business applications of corporate social media including but not limited to Facebook & Twitter.