Field Sales Representative
We are seeking to hire part-time Field Sales Representatives who will interact with consumers to influence the purchase of Natural Balance Pet Foods, Inc. brand products. Consumers are educated on our company’s story and how our food ingredients benefit dogs and cats.
- Greater Palm Springs CA area - Palm Springs, Cathedral City, Palm Desert, Indio
- Deliver consistent business results by educating and converting consumers to Natural Balance, Inc. products.
- Exercise advanced interpersonal skills in actively approaching and engaging all available customers to communicate the benefits of Natural Balance, Inc. brand products.
- Work collaboratively with peers, line managers, the Natural Balance, Inc. sales team, store personnel and consumers to ensure the recommendation, brand awareness and growth of the Natural Balance, Inc. brand products.
- Use superior listening skills to identify special needs of the consumer's pet while being comfortable asking detailed questions to identify the true desire of the consumer.
- Develop positive relationships with all store personnel, especially management, to generate good will and achieve recommendation, with a goal of positioning Natural Balance, Inc. as the store personnel's preferred brand.
- Prepare product displays from store inventory; determining appropriate demonstration location; conferring with store personnel; & arranging items.
- Motivates purchases by explaining product features; answering questions; distributing literature; providing samples.
Knowledgeable of basic merchandising principles.
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent relationship building skills (strong verbal communication skills).
- Able to assess dog and/or cat needs and make company product recommendations.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment/decision making.
- Ability to maintain a calm and professional composure during difficult consumer and or store personnel interactions.
- Available to work 3 out of 4 weekends (up to 16 hours) within a 4 week period (week day shifts are also available)
- must have daily internet access
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to engage in conversation with pet parents comfortably
- Must have reliable transportation
- Basic knowledge of Word/Excel/Power Point, email, webinars, & internet websites is required
- Pet owner; enthusiast
- Previous sales experience, preferably in the pet product industry
- Hourly Rate
- Part-time, weekends only
*If interested, send us an email stating why you would like to be a Field Sales Representative, attach or embed your resume and in the subject line please type “name” and “ city” in which you are applying.
Example “Michael Smith- Palm Springs"*
Indeed - 10 months ago
Based in Burbank, California, Dick Van Patten’s Natural Balance Pet Foods® was founded in 1989 with the philosophy of providing...