PET PARADISE RESORT Employee Reviews

Great growth
Assistant Resort Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Augustine Beach, FLFebruary 12, 2018
Growth Opportunity are always available if you prove you are a hard worker and show you want to move up with passion and knowledge of dogs, have not only be a dog person but also have a passion for people
Resort Associate/ Lead Trainer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 1, 2018
You get alot of experiance with the animals everyday. The staff is friendly and always willing to help. Big facility with a pool and five play areas.
Pros
You get to play with animals all day
Cons
short staffed
I was paid more than expected
Kennel Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 13, 2018
Pet paradise was an ok working environment. Some of the employees truly love their job and it shows but others complain quite a bit and take it out on the other employees. I enjoyed working with the dogs, there's just so many it makes it hard to keep up with some of the employees that have been there for a while. My managers were always complaining about my pace but not showing any techniques or tricks to catch up. Ultimately my pace is what got me fired.
Very poor
Resort Associate (Former Employee) –  Kenner laDecember 8, 2017
Worked 4 shifts with little to no training then sent home after one hour on 5th because of low # of dogs in kennel. Didn't call me to see why I didn't show next shift. They could not care less about their employees. Don't work here.
Pros
pay is average
Cons
Handling big mean dogs.
Huge company full of amazing people
Dog Handler (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 23, 2017
I loved working at Pet Paradise! It was amazing to see so many animals in one place. I relocated from New Jersey to Florida for the first time so this was a quick change of pace. The workload was alot more than I did in New Jersey but what i learned made up for it. I would recommend this place to everyone!

Wonderful
Kennel Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 5, 2017
A typical day if you work all day is let out the dogs and shut them out while you rinse, sanitize, and rinse their rooms. Any room that has been occupied by a dog the previous day. Then we fed, played, fed again. Then performed a weekly chore. The managers are great. It was a fun atmosphere. The hardest part of the job was getting attached to some of the dogs and than worrying about them. The most enjoyable part was the running around and playing with the dogs.
Pros
Evenly paced environment - friendly staff - flexible hours
Cons
could pay a little better
November 2, 2017

This was by far one of my favorite jobs
Dog Attendant (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 28, 2017
I have alwyas had a passion to work with animals, and I absolutely love dogs. I have a couple of Frech bullsog, and english bulldog myslef. I would recommend this job to almost anyone unless of course they had a problem with dogs. Its a passion I have and I also walk dogs on they side for fun.
November 2, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review and provide some feedback. We appreciate you exemplifying our values and sharing our vision of Safe, Clean and Fun in everything you do. We wish you the best of luck in all your future endeavors

Very nice people and awesome dogs.
Resort Associate (Current Employee) –  Sanford, FLSeptember 22, 2017
Its a kennel that gets VERY busy at times. As in all kennels it becomes chaotic and stressful during these times. You really need to be disciplined and capable of turing on the hurry up. Unlike many kennels, coworkers are always willing to help. I am very grateful for this job.
Pros
After training your pets get free daycare
Cons
It sits on low land near the river. Flood clean up is terrible

Pet Paradise Worklife Reservation Center
Reservation Agent (Current Employee) –  Baymeadows WaySeptember 22, 2017
A typical day is taking calls, it will be on and off busy, but never all day back to back calls. If you are not taking calls, then you will be processing online reservations or taking chats. Chats is a new feature and you usually will not be solely on chats. Management has a balanced level of control, they will listen to your concerns and properly maintain regulations. The hardest part of the job (which is not that hard) is just learning the processes for each software system used and the steps for each task. Once you retain the resort information and policies, there isn't a part that I would consider hard. The best part is speaking to customers about their cats/dogs. It is very rare to have an unhappy customer because everyone loves their pets. The environment overall is very welcoming, though you are expected to work.

Just depending on location
Kennel Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palm Coast, FLSeptember 13, 2017
I worked for the palm coast resort and it was great to work there with the manager i had, due to my manager being fired after i left i won't like to go back to that location because of the way it is ran now.
September 19, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review and provide some feedback. We wish you the best of luck in all your future endeavors.

Productive and fun workplace with animals
Resort Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 22, 2017
During my time at Pet Paradise, i learned a lot about the animals, different breeds, and different behaviors. I enjoyed the hands on workplace, the team effort in completing a task, and the heart of management. The most enjoyable part of the job hands down, is the puppies!
September 19, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review and provide some feedback. We are glad to have you in our team and appreciate you exemplifying our values and sharing our vision of Safe, Clean and Fun in everything you do. We wish you the best of luck in all your future endeavors.

Worst call center
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 13, 2017
Look elsewhere. It's not what they say. Call center is a popsicle stand!Management keeps changing as do employees. High turnover, pay is low and the computer system is extremely slow.Not worth your time and nothing is appreciated. Unqualified management, no rewards and ridiculous company rules. No loyalty to employees. The so-called operations manager sits in the office sending emails to employees rather than face to face. No interaction and the building houses other offices and bathrooms are shared and very often "out of order". The computers are slow so when on a call you most likely have to hand write all your reservations and then have to input at the end of your shift! It allows one person to be in the system at one time when you have 15 or more employees working.
Pros
Free Dog daycare
Cons
Low pay, no loyalty and unqualified management and leads
September 19, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review and provide some feedback; these allegations do not reflect the Pet Paradise commitment of Safe, Clean and Fun. You are more than welcome to contact our corporate office at 904-363-3330, if you would like to discuss further. We wish you the best of luck in all your future endeavors.

Good for getting customer service on your resume for a call center.
Floor Support (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 1, 2017
So there's a reason why they start phone reps off at $10hr. The resorts systems are either down or you can't get into it because only 1 agent can access a system at a time. Also as friendly as everyone seems the agents get away with any type of behavior even some with giving attitude to clients and lead team. Manager has on multiple occasions referred to the Lead Support jobs as being "glorified babysitters" and to just "coddle them", resulting in multiple paper memos but no actual disciplinary action. So the attitudes continue.
And there's always a revolving door of phone agents. Some not even finishing the ridclious 2 weeks of training.

The job itself is not hard what so ever. Its the systems, phone lines, and management that make this job stressful and annoying.

As i said in the title personal opinion, its good to get customer service on your resume, its an easy paycheck; but nothing more.

Oh and for all the leads do, they don't pay enough or what is promised. Personal experience.
Pros
Random parties/free food, if you have a pet discount on boarding at resorts, won't fire you
Cons
Phones, systems, attitudes, supervisor, manager
September 19, 2017

Fun place to work but bad management
Kennel Assistangt/Daycare coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 22, 2017
The management is horrible. The place is enjoyable to work. The animals are a lot of fun and the reason I worked there so long. Needs new management and it would be the perfect place to work
Cons
management

Productive and Never Dull
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, GAJuly 13, 2017
Lots of business and you get to work with lovable dogs! Working at Pet Paradise is hard work but lots of fun, and the team works together very well to keep day to day operations running smoothly.
September 19, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review and provide some feedback.

Rude
Pet Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Ormond Beach, FLJune 19, 2017
Got injured on the job. Doctor released for normal activity and manager refused to place me back on. Manager was out of town and would not return my calls about the assistant manager having me do her job.
September 19, 2017

It was ok till i figured out what was going on
Kennel Technician (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 13, 2017
This company appears to have room for advancement. And they sorta do. But the managers lie to their supervisors. They lie to the clients about how pets were injured.

Great work environment, Great Team
Resort Associate (Current Employee) –  Ormond Beach, FLJune 9, 2017
If you have a love for animals and animal lovers this is the place for you! Great staff and taking care of my furry FURends and giving them the love and attention they deserve gives me a great feeling of satisfaction and accomplishment! I would reccomend it to anyone with the same love of animals!!
Pros
I play with Fur babies all day
Cons
None for me! If you're opposed to working hard this job is not for you!!
September 19, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review and provide some feedback. We are glad to have you in our team and appreciate you exemplifying our values and sharing our vision of Safe, Clean and Fun in everything you do. Keep up the great work!!

great for passionate pet lovers and customer service professionals. Daily interaction with clients and pets in a teamwork atmosphere.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Matthews, NCMay 25, 2017
Best part of job: hands on care for dogs and cats; great for passionate animal lovers. Worst part of job: working weekends, every holiday, and inconsistent scheduling.
Workplace culture varies between location. Most have heavy teamwork atmosphere and like minded individuals working towards a common goal.
A typical day includes extensive hands on pet care including but not limited to feeding, cleaning up eliminations, exercising, medicating, and maintaining facilities for dogs and cats. Customer service responsibilities such as client communication via phone, email and in person, reservation & vaccination management, housekeeping duties, and handling animals.
As a member of management; I feel treatment and expectations from regional and corporate leaders are not realistic. Favoritism is profound. Constant compliance of "rules" regardless of moral standing is required to fulfill any position within the company.
Pet Paradise used to be a wonderful company that valued passionate employees. In June 2016 an investment company took ownership and created a corporate atmosphere which no longer encourages a positive environment for members of management nor resort employees.
Pros
hands on pet interaction, free pet care for personal animals
Cons
manitory holiday, weekend, & uncompensated overtime hours. profound favoritism. corporate atmosphere.
September 19, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review and provide some feedback; we wish you the best of luck in all your future endeavors.

Great company and great people
Playtimes Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 20, 2017
The company really cares about employees and helps us to grow professionally; and who doesn't love to play with dogs? Love the interaction with dogs every days and great people.
Pros
Dogs
Cons
Nothing I can think of
May 25, 2017

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PET PARADISE RESORT. Our community is ready to answer.