Pet Ponderosa Resorts and Spas Inc. is seeking an experienced individual to join our team as a Kennel Technician at our pet care facility located in Graham, WA.
We are a small business that provides superior pet care to the South Sound. Pet Ponderosa Resorts & Spas Inc. offers pet boarding, doggie daycare, grooming, and transportation in Graham, WA. Our company has been in business for over 10 years and we stress professionalism, great customer service, and exceptional pet care.
This entry level position requires experience in customer service and basic pet care. Further, the role demands an individual with the interpersonal and organizational skills to continue achieving our goals of delivering excellent client care and customer service. Currently the position is part-time with a potential to change to full time – dependent on performance and necessity.
The Kennel Technician performs a wide range of activities related to the facility. A Kennel Technician is responsible for assisting all staff in day to day operations, ensuring a high quality of client service, and ensuring an efficient and extremely clean operation of the kennel.
Skills and Qualifications
- MUST pass background check consisting of criminal and employment history.
- MUST be willing to work flexible hours.
- High School Diploma; Associates Degree preferred.
- Customer Service experience preferred.
- Knowledge of pet care basics.
- Possess strong strategic thinking skills.
- Requires an individual with attention for detail.
- The ability to make decisions, delegate responsibility and achieve results.
- Professional behavior and appearance, with excellent interpersonal skills and a friendly, positive attitude.
- Interact professionally with a diverse group of employees, suppliers, and clients.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and deal with changing priorities.
- Carrying-out, planning, assigning, and directing work.
- Perform activities related to day to day operation of the kennel - cleaning, handling diverse breeds of dogs and cats, answering phones, greeting and conversing with clients, working front office.
- Work with existing staff to ensure that Company goals, policies, procedures, and directives are being properly implemented.
- Participate in the goals of excellent client service and pet care.
- Positively represent Pet Ponderosa Resorts & Spas Inc. in the professional community and to the general public.
- Pay is dependent upon experience and qualifications - minimum wage starting point
- Personal pet care and retail discounts at our facility.
- Company Health Insurance Plans available.
This position requires: Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions, ability to lift up to 50 lbs, knowledge of dog behavior, ability to manage a group of 10-15 dogs, outstanding cleaning skills, reliable transportation, a flexible schedule. Must be 18 years or older.