Position Description: Position handles the order processing responsibilities related to the procurement of product from China. The position is responsible for maintaining the order forecast with approval from the CEO and controller. Logistics management is necessary to ensure that the product is being transported at the most efficient cost. The development and implementation of forward looking reports is important to drive improvement into this function.
The company is a designer, manufacturer, and distributor of innovative pet products, providing unique products to address each stage of a pet’s life. The office is in Northbrook, IL.
Reports to: Controller
Specific Position Responsibilities:
1. Track manufacturing activities in China to ensure all orders are shipped on time and comply with all customer requirements with respect to products, packaging and shipping
2. Create, submit and track Purchase Orders
3. Daily communication with suppliers regarding order details
4. Communicate with international customers in regards to order requirements, production status and shipping requirements
5. Measure KPI by factory (on time delivery, lead time, etc) on a monthly and quarterly basis
6. Ensure factory compliance with social audits, C-TPAT and other customer-required audits
1. Coordinate ocean, trucking and air freight to/from China
2. Create systems to maximize container space utilization
3. Ensure compliance in accordance to customer routing guides and shipping document requirements
4. Monitor freight cost and industry trends
Inventory Management & Forecasting
1. Assist in inventory forecasting and sales analysis
2. Assist in maintenance and designation of inventory
- Bachelor’s degree in Operations Management, Supply Chain or equivalent
- 2+ years experience in China manufacturing and overseas production a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and spreadsheet creation
- Knowledge of QuickBooks software a plus
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Outlook)
- Detail oriented and excellent communication skills
- International freight / logistics experience a plus
- Chinese language a plus
- US citizen or green cardholder only
*Please provide your answers to the following questions in your application together with your resume and cover letter. Applications will not be considered if any of the questions are not answered.
1. What's your current all-inclusive annual salary and what's your compensation expectation?
2. How do you describe your Excel skills (Poor, Average, Good or Proficient)? We'll test your Excel skills and knowledge during interview process.
3. What are you key strengths and how they are related to this position?
4. Are you willing to take a drug test?
5. Have you ever been known by any other name than the one you give to us? If yes, what are
these names (including maiden names if applicable)?
6. Have you ever been convicted for a crime? If yes, please briefly describe the nature of the crime(s), the date and place of conviction and the legal disposition of the case. This company will not deny employment to any applicant solely because the person has been convicted of a crime. The company however, may consider the nature, date and circumstances of the offense as well as whether the offense is relevant to the duties of the position applied for.*
Pay Level: $28,000 to $35,000 per year