Pet Supermarket Employee Reviews

Interesting and fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Miami, FLJuly 9, 2015
Its great when people take their pets. People get to interact with pets and provide information to care for their animals
Pet Retail Shop
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Deerfield Beach, FLJuly 9, 2015
All employees are knowledgeable in multiple areas and together provide an enjoyable and upbeat work environment for both customers and staff.
Good company
Lead Sales Manager (Current Employee), Pompano Beach, FLJune 10, 2015
Fun to work at ,fast paced sales and customer service driven. World class customer service is goal. Daily sales goals and employee sales goals.
great place, great co workers.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Miami, FLApril 21, 2015
Pros: Animals, fast paced.
I loved working there. I loved learning about our products. I loved the competitive environment. Most importantly, I truly enjoyed learning about our animals, and that our first concern was their safety.
Great customer service experience
sales associate (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCApril 12, 2015
I loved working with the customers, helping new employees, and keeping the store tidy and organized. Satisfying customer needs gave me a strong sense of fulfillment.
Fast moving, social with the customers, but animal care was disappointing
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Tampa, FLApril 2, 2015
Pros: Nice amount of hours, friendly group of people
Cons: dead animals almost every shift
When I worked at Pet Supermarket over the summer, I really enjoyed the job. The only thing that really bothered me was the dead animals that I had to clean up for almost every shift. There was one time, where I actually cleaned up a bloodbath in the backroom because the employees who were suppose to feed the backroom animals neglected to do so. Other than that, it was an overall pretty decent job.
simple
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Hollywood, FLMarch 30, 2015
It is a simple job and although it does not pay too well they are pretty flexible with going to school and and your personal life.
Fun, interactive work environment with heavy customer service.
Manager in Training (MIT) (Current Employee), Johns Creek, GAMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Animals, fun work environment, good company.
Cons: Low pay, difficult to advance, limited benefits.
A typical day at Pet Supermarket includes customer satisfaction, not just helping someone in the store but taking the time to go the extra mile and understand every need or want they may have. Every person has a different animal and different need to tend too, therefore it takes a friendly and knowledgeable employee helping each person.

I have learned so much from each customer and with the company itself in sales,customer relations,time management, and managing a small team for an efficient and enjoyable work environment.

My co workers are very friendly and fun people to be around, it's always a pleasure watching them apply their skills to each customer's needs.

The hardest part of the job is watching a dissatisfied customer and being unable to attent to their needs because of either a company policy or not carrying their product.

Managing my team and being able to watch a satisfied customer walk out the store are two of my favorite things in this line of work.
pet supermarket great starter job
sales (Former Employee), Miami, FLMarch 17, 2015
Pros: flexible hours, nice staff, short days
Cons: low pay, few hours in the week, slow promotion
great starter job but does not pay well enough to live on your own (the reason i had to leave). hours are very flexible but short. staff is always nice, well picked staff most of the time.
Ok Place
Sales Assoicate (Current Employee), GAMarch 16, 2015
Pros: learn about pets
The Company is ok... the concept of great customer service is good. But everyone doesn't follow that. Management is very much about listening to what they HEARD about you instead of getting to know you as a person. A lot of favoritism in the company. A lot of work and little time for it to be done. Unrealistic daily goals as far as tasks to be completed. Laziness is excepted and not addressed. Don't know if its because of fear of certain employees, but its really sad that managers cant be true leaders and address problems with the team. They only address problems to the ones they have problems or don't like. All in all company will not grow to the potential it wants to due to the fact too many corners are cut and they drive away great employees due to poor leadership and unfair distribution of tasks. Also the pay is low for amount of work requested to be done
Always working as a team, helping each others.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Hialeah, FLFebruary 25, 2015
A typical day at work was busy. I learned how to classified food as the pet type. Have no complaints about management. The hardest part of the job at the beginning was to know what kind of food was good depending on the pet that the client had. The most enjoyable part of the job was to interact with the pets.
Corporate America
HR Assistant (Former Employee), City of Sunrise, FLFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: free pet food or discount on pet food, you get 2 15 minute breaks and your lunch
You get to work. You clock in. Go to your desk and get to work. Training is very good. You're on a routine everyday. There is a dress code.
Growing Company. With a simple few changes can grow even bigger.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: flexible schedules for part time, great co-workers
Cons: a lot of work for minimum wage, developing allergies
Job is great for a student seeking part time work. You not only learn about how a business works, but also about animals. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers find the exact product they need for their pet. I was lucky to have a great management team that I look up to. The hardest part of the job would be all the cleaning we had to do. We had to make sure the animal pens were cleaned daily, also check the expiration dates on all the products.
Not a bad place to work
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLDecember 30, 2014
Overall not a bad company to work for, good hours, good benefits and accommodating management.
FUN WORKPLACFU
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), N Miami Beach, FLDecember 20, 2014
Pros: fun work place
Cons: :( got bitten by an animal hamster lol
GREAT TO WORK WITH PEOPLE AND PET ITS A JOB THAT DOESNT FEEL LIKE WORK !!!!!
Loved working here
Stock Clerk/Backroom Manager (Former Employee), Lake Worth, FLNovember 28, 2014
Pros: pet interaction/clean store
Cons: low pay
I loved working here. I managed backroom inventory, stocked the store, and occasionally ran the cash register. I also cleaned the store and changed the animal cages. The manager i had at the time was a real swell guy. Very understanding and open to ideas.
High work load
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Smyrna, tnNovember 18, 2014
Pros: friendly co-workers
Cons: impossible expectations
The work that was expected was nearly impossible with the staff that was employed. Pay was decent, but could be better.
What it's really like...
SALES LEAD (Current Employee), FloridaNovember 17, 2014
A typical day for me starts with the opening paperwork, if I am the opening manager. This consists of counting the safe, getting the registers ready, filling out the daily paperwork, and writing down what everyone needs to focus on that day.
As the employees come in for their shifts, I have a quick chat and make sure they know what they are to be doing that day.
Depending on whether or not it is a "truck day" determines what the focus is.
We always make sure the animals are kept clean and that the customers are always asked if they need help a few times while they are in the store.
I help handle cleaning our fish tanks and ordering new fish.

A closing shift for me basically consists of making sure everything during the day was taken care of. I have to count the safe again and make sure all the registers are accounted for and counted down. Animals are cleaned again. Store is fronted and swept.

This is a typical day.

What I have learned is that I am great with customers and leading employees.

The best part is being around the animals and getting first look at the new products.

Management style changes from store to store.

The normal hourly employee crews become a small family.

Hardest part is dealing with the other managers.
Good
Associate (Former Employee), Coral springs FLOctober 15, 2014
Pros: being around the animals
Cons: short break
Clean cages assist costumer Stock shelves carry out bags hardest part of the job was stocking the shelves with the do food because they were so heavy.
very fun and energetic work place
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee), Decatur, GAOctober 6, 2014
i loved it here. i regret leaving for a different job. i would of still had my job here.