Pet Supplies Plus Employee Reviews

Great Experience
Animal Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Robinson Township, PASeptember 21, 2017
I had a wonderful time working at pet supply. The animals were my favorite part of my job. I made so many new friends and the managers were nice as well. Loved everyone there!
Fun
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MISeptember 21, 2017
Started at 9 am got off at 5 pm. Learned how to stock shelves and run a cash register. Management was excellent. Hardest part of the job, was unloading the trucks with a pallet loader.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Over all everyone there has an amazing spirit
customer service (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 20, 2017
pet supplies is a great place to work there temporarily
it is an amazing work environment surrounded with great people, also the customer tend to be regulars and you get to meet their fur babies, i believe that was a PLUS.
Best Team
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Newark, OHSeptember 19, 2017
My coworkers were wonderful people and my managers are kind and understanding. The only thing is that it is a small store and team so the hours are long.
Decent part time job
Key holder/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Hazlet, NJSeptember 19, 2017
I worked here while in college. Very relaxed environment and worked with good people. It's a typical retail job, but it was decent while going to school.
Awesome place
Key Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 18, 2017
Great staff, fun job. Feels like a family environment. Everyone cares for each other and works together to get the job done. Never feel left out here!
Love this job
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 15, 2017
The benefit of no only helping others but helping mans best friend is wonderful. taking one amazing challenges daily and enjoying the animals really brought me joy.
Pros
Became an animal lover
September 22, 2017

You just made our day! In the end, our work is all about spreading the love of animals and companionship, so it truly means a lot to know that your time on our team grew that passion within you. We hope your future endeavors provide you with just as much joy!

Not a bad company, just bad people in charge
Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasSeptember 12, 2017
I enjoy my job very much and the company, but the management above my currently is a joke. Selfish, far from sympathetic, and all they care about is numbers. I do not enjoy working for a company that doesn't care about their employees even though they say they do.
September 22, 2017

Thanks for reaching out. We’d like to learn more about your experience. Could you please send an email to onlineservice@petsuppliesplus.com with your name, phone number and the number of the store where you work?

Fun place to work during college
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Stow, OHSeptember 12, 2017
I worked here during my undergrad, and most of our staff was also college students. It was a relaxed atmosphere, and nice place to work. I learned alot about pet food and dietary needs, as well as general pet care. You take "pet degrees" to expand your knowledge and earn pins for your name badge. It was pretty neat.
The work wasn't hard, cashiering, putting away stock, caring for animals, assisting cusomters, etc.
Pros
Flexible schedule, laid back staff
Cons
No room for advancement, just a college or high school job
September 22, 2017

It sounds like we were a perfect fit for one another. We’re glad we were able to help you learn and hope that you carry your passion for pets wherever life takes you. We wish you the best!

Interesting and educational place to work with animals.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Portage, MISeptember 12, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the customers come in with their pets and animals every day. The hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult customers and sometimes negative staff.
Pros
Fun and exciting day to day work.
Cons
Fast pace at times, unrealistic expectations, sometimes negative energy, not goo training experience
September 22, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience. We’d like to connect you with the franchise owner in order to learn more. Can you please send an email to onlineservice@petsuppliesplus.com with your name and phone number so we can connect you? Thanks.

Review summary for Pet Supplies Plus
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sylvania, OHSeptember 11, 2017
My review summary for Pet supplies plus is beneficial in some sort of way they worked with me for hours and were very consistent on communication between schedules and flexible on being able to work on what was able to be done.
Pros
Discount on pet purchases
Cons
N/a
September 22, 2017

Good communication is so important for a happy and productive team. Thanks for being a part of ours!

Great workplace
Retail Salesman (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 9, 2017
Great place to work , i would recommend this jobs to a lot of people because The owner and Manger is awesome and Customers can be difficult at time but as long as you stay cool at time you have a better outcome with customers
Pros
Cons
No benefits
September 22, 2017

A good relationship among all the members of the Pet Supplies Plus team is essential to maintaining a great store, so we’re delighted by your experience. We hope you’re doing well!

Working here would have to be a very part time job. Not many hours if I'm school.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MISeptember 4, 2017
Working at this store and location, in specific, is layed back. Yet again, they keep you after hours very frequently. They make you come in early and they are not flexible with change in your life. I am now back into public school after being homeschooled and sense then I haven't gotten scheduled in 2 weeks.
Pros
Work with very amazing co workers, outside of management.
Cons
Management is pretty awful.
September 22, 2017

We appreciate you sharing this with us. We’d like to have you speak with the franchise owner to learn more. Can you please send an email to onlineservice@petsuppliesplus.com with your name and phone number so we can connect you? Thanks.

Fun working with animals.
customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CASeptember 3, 2017
It was fun working with animals. Learned a lot with reptiles/fish and exotic animals. Working on Sundays you get to help out with adoptions with the SPCA.
Pros
Working with animals
Cons
No opportunities for advancement.
September 22, 2017

Helping our team members learn about, and grow to love, new animals is such a rewarding part of our work. Thanks for taking such good care of our neighbors’ pets! We wish you the best.

A fun first job
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Boardman, OHSeptember 1, 2017
You'll have a lot of fun having the work experience. I personally get along with my manager so well. I like the flexibility. I wouldn't say this is a career. Overall, great job though.
September 22, 2017

We’re happy to hear that you’re enjoying your time as a part of our team! Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review.

Good Part time Job
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Owosso, MI 48867August 31, 2017
If you are looking for a part time job, with flexible hours and a job that is customer service oriented, this is the perfect job for you. Cash experience is a plus, but not necessary. Training is easy and on the job.
Pros
Redford discount
September 6, 2017

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. See you during your next shift!

Great People
Animal Care and Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHAugust 31, 2017
Pet Supplies Plus is a great place to work the co-workers are amazing and they are so nice and fast to help you if you need something. Everyone always has a smile on there face and it is all together just a great experience
Pros
great people, smiling faces
Cons
high pricie items
September 6, 2017

It sounds like we were a perfect match for each other. Thanks for your enthusiasm and hard work! We wish you the best.

A very fun place to work
Driver Part Time (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIAugust 29, 2017
A very relaxed workplace culture, Was a very fun place to work every day. The management is very easy going. The most enjoyable part of the job was everyone there was like one big family
September 6, 2017

Fun is our middle name! We’re very happy to hear what a great fit you’ve been for our team. We look forward to our continued work together.

Owner was nice.
Store Operation Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 29, 2017
Great place to work. The customers were friendly, especially the animals. The employees were dedicated and kept busy. The store was busy during the day and the night was slow.
Pros
Happy atmosphere.
Cons
Mess from the animals.
September 6, 2017

We appreciate you taking the time to share this feedback. Thanks for being a part of the team!

A very fun and relaxed work environment with great coworkers
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIAugust 28, 2017
Working in this establishment is very fun and relaxing. The management is amazing, the neighbors (how we refer to our customers) always leave happy & content, and the staff is very much like family. However, I have never received satisfaction with my hours & no one will be able to go over 39 hours unless you are a manager (maybe) because the company does not want to provide any benefits of a full time job.
Pros
Store discounts & flexible hours
Cons
No benefits (besides team member discounts), no paid vacation for team members, not a full time job
September 6, 2017

It’s good to hear that you’re enjoying your time on our team, but your complete satisfaction is important to us. If you have any more feedback that you’d like to share, we encourage you to send an email to onlineservice@petsuppliesplus.com with your name and phone number so we can have you speak with the franchise owner. Thanks for sharing this with us.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pet Supplies Plus. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7