Pet Supplies Plus

Pet Supplies Plus Employer Reviews

We operate like a family.
Head Cashier (Current Employee), Shelton, CTMarch 14, 2015
My original crew is not there anymore so things have changed over the years. The company itself is not set up very well. There is no HR department. There is some room for advancement but not much. They will move you around to other stores if need be. My Management team is probably one of the better ones to work for in the 10 CT stores. All together the company does not treat their employees very well.
Good, growing company
Key Holder and Cashier (Former Employee), Sandusky, OHMarch 8, 2015
Pros: fun, pay raise opportunities
Cons: company should educate employees
The job was overall very enjoyable. I loved working the animals, and helping the owners become more knowledgeable. Being a specialty store, employees must be acquainted in what they are selling, even though it's an entry level job. The hardest part of the job was self-teaching the facts of animal, reptile, fish and all related products, to ensure customers receive full, honest service. Management was weak before the company became incorporated. My co-workers were friendly, but focused too much on drama.
Fun company
Cashier and stocker (Former Employee), Des Plaines, ILMarch 6, 2015
this si a great company to work for if you are a animal lover. the company provides you with a schedule that works for you and will take into account school or other jobs that you might hold. they will pay you what you are worth. the manager are friendly and listen to their employees to further the reputation of the company.
Loved working here
Animal Care Manager (Former Employee), Summerville, SCMarch 2, 2015
pet Supplies Plus was a great company to work for and coworkers really made it an enjoyable job. The customers coming in the store genuinely cared about our opinions on our products and suggestions rather than simply writing us off and doing whatever they wanted. I was provided with the opportunity for advancement but felt that due to the management in place and the extra work required (for no extra pay) it was not a position I cared to hold
horrible place to work!
Stocker/Cashier/Animal Care (Former Employee), Cranston, RIFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: seeing people's pets & helping people find food, etc
Cons: poor management, no ethics, too much drama, too much office politics, favoritism
if you want to work with high school kids who don't care about the job, then this is the place for you! if you want to work for a company that has ZERO ethics and doesn't care about you as an individual or what goes on in their stores, this is the place for you. if you want a manager who just wants to be everyones friend, and will give special treatment to someone who is lazy and gets away with everything, this is the place for you! hands down, the most RIDICULOUS place I have ever worked. way too much drama, and people being given far too many chances when they should be fired. they treat the animals terribly, always forgetting to get fresh greens for the animals that require them. not feeding them properly, and not cleaning their habitats. the "small animal" person has next to no knowledge about animals, like most of the staff. the store is NASTY!!! so dirty!!! store has had a lot of issues with mice and TONS of expired product. nobody there has any experience with animals for the most part, so don't ask any of the kids any questions, they won't know how to respond. manager likes to hire cute girls, even though they are horrible at the job or have zero experience. and if you are cute, you can pretty much make your own schedule! if you're a hard worker, you will always be in trouble and the managers will try anything to make you feel terrible. the store manager spreads rumors about his own employees! the work environment is totally hostile, all the younger kids will pretty much band together and make the older people feel like they're being left out...very childish behavior. – more... and shockingly, the store manager condones it...you want to feel like you're back in high school? apply here! if you're lazy, prepare to be rewarded for not working...just hide out in the back room and be on your phone the whole day, nobody cares. you can pretty much get away with anything at this store. managers never pay attention! and if you do have problems, the store manager is a man child who won't listen to you, he will try to make you feel like you're complaining & whining. don't bother with the DM either, he's chummy with the store manager so he won't care either. if you do work hard, be prepared for the kids who are lazy workers to feel threatened and they will gang up and start rumors and spread lies about you. if you try to tell anyone there what to do, you will be labeled as a bully. I loved the job itself, but PSP+ is just awful as a company. it baffles me to be told how good I was at the job, only to pretty much be forced to quit, and not feel like I was a valuable enough employee to try to resolve issues and keep me. what a slap in the face! I am glad I have parted ways with this company, its an awful work environment lacking discipline and ethics. the only way you get ahead, is being flirty and overly friendly with the store manager. no thank you! – less
Terrible management
Team member (Former Employee), Albany, NYFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: the animals that came in the store
Cons: everything except the animals
If it is a corporate store all they care about is surveys hard work does not pay off managers play favorites the only way to get a raise is if you take a test on pet food and you only take the test once every 2 years
Terrible Management and Horrible Customer Service
Store Team Member (Former Employee), Waukegan, ILFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: close to my house
Cons: lazy managers, rude cashiers, unreliable co-workers
I busted my rear for over two years and was never rewarded or treated with respect while employed here! A typical day of work was anything but because the store was so unorganized. The management team there was by far the worst I've ever worked for. The job was rarely enjoyable and the hardest part was having to do everything by myself while others (mostly management) took credit for it and did nothing themselves! Finally, I was fired for no reason (assistant manager disliked me) and he was the laziest person of them all.
Customer driven work place
Cashier, Team Member (Current Employee), Dayton, OHFebruary 17, 2015
The work place was focused on engaging the neighbor, or customer, and providing them with all the help they need. Following that, going above and beyond to finish their experience in a more than pleasant way.
Great job experience and work crew
Cashier/Sales Associate/Stock (Current Employee), Owosso, MIFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: great experience
Cons: played favorites in people
I loved working at pet supplies! My managers and co-workers were very friendly and dedicated. The customers knew everybody and were always satisfied coming in. Great work and a great atmosphere
Great environment to be around
Stocker/Inventory (Current Employee), Goshen, INJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: flexible work schedule, great environment, paid weekly
Cons: no advancement, a lot of turnover.
In my time working at Pet Supplies Plus, I have made some amazing friends. We have had a lot of AWESOME employees walk through those doors, people that I know will be life long friends. They always make an effort to help people out and do everything in their power to make sure the customer is satisfied. The customer service is unmatched.

They also worked around my schedule. If I needed a day off, I always got it off. When I had school, they gave me the time off I needed. They are very flexible when it comes to your schedule.

The problem is that their is no advancement and no benefits(unless you are an assistant manage/store manager). I didn't get paid a lot, had to deal with rude people on a daily basis, and constantly had to clean up messes left by customers and their animals.

February 3, 2015

Wow, the camaraderie of the team at the Goshen PSP is exactly the experience we strive to achieve for all of our team members! Thank you so much for sharing. We appreciate your feedback, and will be sure to share it with the management team in Goshen.

Great people Great job
Retail Associate (Current Employee), Grove City, OHJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: animals
Cons: animals
very nice atmosphere to work in
great people
nice part time job
decent wages
flexi-able hours
10 % discount on everything
working with animals is very rewarding
management opportunities
benefits of knowledge regarding care of small animals reptiles and birds

February 3, 2015

We're so glad that your time at Pet Supplies Plus has been educational and rewarding. We appreciate your continued service, and for taking the time to share your experience with future PSP team members.

Well structured company.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Grandville, MiDecember 19, 2014
Pros: stress free, competent managers, friendly employees, friendly customer base
Cons: health care, lack of challenge, low pay
It's a very straight forward work experience. The managers are competent, and the other associates are pleasant to work with. We're given enough time and resources to get the job done in a timely manner without feeling stressed.

The hardest part of the job is lack of challenge which can make it a little boring.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the relationship building with other associates and customers.

January 9, 2015

Thank you for your feedback. We will be sure to share it with our Grandville, MI franchise owners so that they can look at ways to enrich your role.

Fun workplace
Stocking/Customer Service (Former Employee), Comstock Park, MIDecember 10, 2014
Pros: fun workplace, fun people
Cons: pay was poor, no benefits
Definitely a great beginning job, the work environment was fun and enjoyable. Very laid back. The pay was poor but it was worth it because it didn't feel like work. Very flexible on hours, which was nice. Management was also fantastic. Very easy retail environment. Made a lot of friends. The training program was great, wasn't necessarily fun but it was very helpful and informative. Overall it was a good work experience but the pay was definitely something more to be desired.

December 17, 2014

Thank you for your feedback on our Comstock Park store. We value your comments and service to Pet Supplies Plus, and wish you luck on your new adventures.

Productive and fun
Cashier (Current Employee), Jackson, MIDecember 9, 2014
Pros: customers with their pets
Cons: no benefits
Productive and fun workplace with many customer and animal experiences.

December 17, 2014

We're so glad you're enjoying your experience at our Jackson store! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

fun job
Cashier (Current Employee), Naperville, ILDecember 9, 2014
love the atmosphere, very friendly, slow, lots of coupons, no dogs or cats, good prices, can get boring at times

December 17, 2014

Thanks for sharing your experience at our Naperville store. We're so happy to have you working with us!

If you enjoy working with others and like animal products, this is the job for you.
Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Bristol, CTDecember 4, 2014
Cons: short breaks
My typical day at work, starts with making sure all the products on the shelves are very neet. When the store opens, you do your best to help any customer with any questions they might have.

December 17, 2014

Thank you for your hard work at our Bristol Pet Supplies Plus. We value your contribution, and wish you well in your future endeavors.

fun place to work with great co workers
Animal Care Specialist (Current Employee), Portage, INDecember 3, 2014
Cons: healthcare if you can get full time employment
Great employees, great management, slow on training, low pay.

December 17, 2014

We appreciate you sharing your experience at Pet Supplies Plus and thank you for your service.

very productive and educational workplace
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Cranston, RIDecember 2, 2014
Pros: playing with dogs, and helping people with their problems
Cons: lack of opportunity to advance in my career
A typical day at work for me is enjoyable. I get to help people find the right products to fulfill all there needs as well as getting to play with any dogs that come into the store. In the 3 years of working here I have learned a lot of information on cats, dogs, fish, reptiles, and small animals. As well as many different things in management. Some things that I have learned in management include returns, managing money and employees, how to handle unhappy cliental, calculating sales and much much more. The hardest part of my job is the inability to move forward in my career do to lack of opportunities within the company.

December 17, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our Cranston store. We value your feedback and service. If you would like to discuss opportunities for advancement, we invite you to email us at onlineservice@petsuppliesplus.com.

easy going
animal care/sales (Former Employee), Levittown, PADecember 1, 2014
Pros: managers were good
Cons: low income
I enjoyed taking care of the animals and interacting with people and their pets and seeing if I could find a solution to their problem.

December 17, 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience at our Levittown store. We value your service and wish you luck in your future endeavors.

CASHIER (Former Employee), Niles, OHNovember 24, 2014
Pros: take care of animals
Cons: management, drama, schedule conflicts, hours not being met.
Anyone with any work experience should not work here. It's good for a first job though. Corp. needs to make sure everyone is trained with handling, feeding, and overall health of animals.

December 17, 2014

Thank you for your review of our Niles Pet Supplies Plus. Your comments regarding the handling of our animals is very concerning. We want to let you know that we are reaching out to the store immediately to ensure that all team members are properly trained and educated in animal care. If you would like to provide further detail surrounding your experience, we would appreciate hearing from you at onlineservice@petsuppliesplus.com.

1 2 3 4 5

About Pet Supplies Plus

Pet Supplies Plus is the largest franchised pet supply retailer in the nation. We are a trusted and respected company with over – Read more

Pet Supplies Plus Photos