PetSmart is a Fortune 500 Company that embraces diversity and offers opportunity for growth. At PetSmart you’ll be joining the nation’s leading pet retailer. Our vision is to provide Total Lifetime Care for every pet, every parent, every time. We are seeking candidates who enjoy working in a team environment as an integral part of our supply chain network at our 650,000 square foot facility in Groveport, Ohio.
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The DC Manager is an essential member of the Distribution organization that partners with and supports the PetSmart Supply Chain leadership team. The PetSmart Supply Chain organization is made up of three interrelated areas: Transportation, Replenishment, and Distribution.
The DC Manager owns their department process such as; Inbound, Outbound or DC Services.
The individual must provide strategic direction for the Distribution Center while maximizing productivity and leveraging expenses for the DC. They should emphasize the need to deliver quality service to our retail store operations.
Key accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Leading engagement initiatives to promote involvement and drive best practice.
- Ensuring standardization in process efficiencies and improving process execution.
- Upholding, supporting, and maintaining company safety standards at all times.
- Encouraging diversity, integrity, and adaptability.
- Driving execution of department operations and immediately providing solutions for areas of opportunity.
- Assesses organizational and operational effectiveness; recommends changes/enhancements for improvements.
- Ensures effective communication of all initiatives to encourage understanding and expected results.
- Assists developing plans for cost reduction, process improvement, scheduling enhancement, and labor hour reduction.
- Provides ongoing training, coaching, guidance, and instruction for supervisors and associates.
- Special projects as assigned by Supply Chain leadership.
Leadership and Technical Skills:
- Approaches work objectives with a sense of urgency and passion, and a dedication to exceed performance expectations. Possesses a high sense of responsibility, quality, ethics, and integrity.
- Able to think through problems and recommend solutions; influences and motivates groups with diverse backgrounds while fostering collaboration to reach consensus.
- Influences others to achieve individual and team objectives. Enables effective direction, facilitation, communication, and cooperation with all levels of associates. Skills in team development are highly desired.
- Experience of distribution functions including shipping, receiving, order filling, and inventory control.
- Able to effectively communicate with all levels of management and associates through written and verbal methods.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
Ideal candidate will possess 4-5 years of relevant work experience; Bachelor’s degree from a 4 year college or university strongly preferred. Experience with Warehouse Management and/or Labor Management systems strongly preferred.
At PetSmart we offer very competitive salaries and a full benefit package; this is a bonus eligible position. If you’re passionate about pets and want to build a dynamic career, then why not combine your love for pets with a rewarding career at PetSmart?
This will be a 2nd shift position. All positions within the Distribution Center are subject to shift changes and are not limited to the duties and responsibilities outlined above. PetSmart is an equal opportunity employer