The Senior Corporate Internal Auditor will be responsible for planning, performing, reporting and following-up on designated corporate audits and special project reviews in accordance with the Annual Audit Plan. In addition, the Senior Corporate Internal Auditor will: (1) supervise the Corporate Internal Audit team in the performance of selected audits and related assignments as determined by the Manager, Corporate Internal Audit or the Director, Corporate & Information Systems Internal Audit, (2) prepare and maintain working papers related to audit projects in accordance with Department standards, (3) assist the independent registered public accountants in conducting designated financial statement audit work, and (4) perform special projects as directed by Internal Audit Department Management.
Key competencies include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Solid knowledge of internal audit practices and principles
- Proficient knowledge of accounting principles and a thorough understanding of financial statements
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
- Strong interpersonal, communication (i.e., oral and written) and presentation skills
Supervise the Corporate Internal Audit staff in the performance of designated audits and related assignments as determined by the Manager, Corporate Internal Audit or the Director, Corporate & Information Systems Internal Audit. Additionally, assist the Manager, Corporate Internal Audit or the Director, Corporate & Information Systems Internal Audit in the preparation of individual team performance reviews for those audit assignments where the Senior Corporate Internal Auditor had direct in-charge responsibility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performing financial/operational audits as outlined in the Annual Audit Plan
- Supervising the Corporate Internal Audit team on specific audit assignments, as applicable
- Preparing audit programs, workpapers, audit reports, etc.
- Communicating audit findings and opportunities for improvement to management
- Assisting the independent registered public accountants, as applicable
- Performing special projects of varying complexity and business focus as directed by Internal Audit Department Management
- Participating in physical inventory observations at selected Company locations, as applicable
- Updating and monitoring Internal Audit Department historical files with audit results, as necessary
- Acting as a department liaison to various PetSmart business functions and committees as determined by Internal Audit Department Management
- Performing any other tasks as requested by Internal Audit Department Management
A Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Administration with a major in Accounting or Finance is required, MBA desirable. A minimum of three years of progressive internal audit and/or public accounting experience is required. Fortune 500 Company, SAP product suite and corporate retail auditing experience are desirable.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
A Certified Public Accounting (CPA) or a Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) designation is required.