Reporting to the Creative Manager, the Senior Packaging Designer is responsible for conceptual development and execution of packaging for PetSmart’s Proprietary Brands. The Senior Packaging Designer will work with a collaborative team of designers, copywriters, and production artists. Balancing creative thinking with interpersonal skills, this person will demonstrate an ability to communicate design objectives to the project team and internal partners. The ideal candidate has a strong level of initiative, requiring the ability to mange multiple large-scale projects and deadlines simultaneously in a fast paced retail environment.
- Produce strong and compelling package design solutions driven by innovative ideas, understanding the project initiatives & brand objectives.
- Lead & motivate packaging creative team (designers, production artists) to inspire exceptional creative solutions and strong teamwork.
- Manage and adhere to established schedules & budgets while ensuring quality standards are met.
- Support the Creative Manager by owning/directing the creative process within assigned brand team.
- Communicate status updates to stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Art-direct photo shoots.
- Present packaging concepts/direction to team of Designers, Copywriters, Product Managers and Marketing to gain alignment to meet timelines and budgets.
- Negotiate contracts, supervise, art-direct and maintains relationships with external design agencies, suppliers, photographers, as well as temporary on-site freelance support.
- Ensures that all proprietary brand packaging conforms to U.S. and Canadian packaging regulations, as well as internal brand standards and guidelines.
- Strong creative thinking and ability to execute successful and compelling creative packaging solutions
- Package design expertise and an understanding of strategic brand communication for proprietary brands
- Be a highly responsible team player that practices and drives design excellence
- Mastery of InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong photo art direction skills
- Be able to thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced corporate environment
- Possess a professional and positive attitude
- 4-year degree in graphic design or related field.
- 5+ years direct experience with retail package design.
- Highly motivated and initiative with the ability to focus on details as well as the big picture.
- Thorough understanding of print production and printing processes on a wide variety of packaging substrates.
- Extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Communicates in a clear, concise, respectful and direct manner.
Indeed - 15 months ago
PetSmart, Inc. is a specialty provider of products, services and solutions for the lifetime needs of pets. The Company has identified a...