PETA Employee Reviews

paid internship
Paid Intern (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 14, 2015
I loved this experience as a tour member. I was abled to travel around the country and meet great people while doing my internship. I also stay and awesome hotels and eat really good food all with the help of PETA. this tour changed my life.
Rewarding and Fun Workplace
Social Media Manager (Current Employee) –  Los AngelesMay 23, 2014
There's nothing more rewarding than knowing your work is making a difference in the world. Working at PETA allows you to be creative and put your skills to helping animals - pretty much the ideal way to spend my time.

As someone who has left PETA to work somewhere else and come back, I can say that the work PETA does for animals and the great staff and are what keep people here. There's never a dull moment at the PETA office and I wouldn't have it any other way!
Meaningful work for a great organization
Campaigns Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 14, 2014
My time with PETA was both rewarding and challenging (in a good way), and I'm grateful for the time I was able to spend employed there. I recently had to leave the organization for personal reasons, but during my years there, I felt incredibly lucky to work with so many compassionate, like-minded individuals and really appreciated the team-oriented spirit found in PETA's offices. Yes, the workload was heavy at times, but keeping the end result in mind, the long hours and occasional stress were worth it.

PETA keeps animal liberation in the forefront of everything it does, and I will always be proud to have worked for such an incredible organization that does so much to end animal suffering each and every day.
Pros
Potlucks, animal-friendly office, relaxed environment, opportunities for growth
Make Helping Animals Your Career at PETA!
Marketing Director (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 14, 2014
If you can work your dream, why would you ever choose anything else? Life is too short and work is too much of it to spend so much time doing something that doesn't mean something.

PETA is more than an office job. I've helped with animal rescues, delivered dog houses, stood outside Michael Vick's sentencing (My photo was on the national news!), tabled at music festivals, protested the circus and stores that sell fur, and even thrown fake blood (on myself!). I've been a crippled chicken, the back side of an elephant, a pig, peta2's (Not a) Nugget, a rabbit, a fish, and more costumed animals! There are amazing opportunities for everyone to get creative in and outside of the office.

PETA promotes from within and is interested in growing employees.
I'm glad I work with like-minded people. In a world where so much animal abuse occurs I'm glad that my co-workers are all fighting against it alongside me rather than trying to taunt me with a Big Mac.
It's thrilling working on things that are huge national news and that people talk about. Occasional celebrity sightings are exciting too.

PETA has an amazing online reach that continues to grow almost exponentially. I love being a part of this online marketing team (and unlike other non-profits, we're not responsible for raising a penny - other people do that - our goals are just to reach out to and engage with people).
Pros
Helping animals, PETA's sense of humor, edgy tactics, vegan food everywhere!
Cons
PETA will push you to do more and to do your best, sometimes work long hours, but you'll always work hard. And yes, if you're a smart, sacrificing a little salary you could earn if you sold your soul to a for-profit
Challenging workplace
Tour Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJanuary 19, 2014
Be prepared to be challenged, but have fun at the same time. Times will be stressful, but it'll pay off in the end.

If you're looking to make a lot of money, this isn't the place for you.
Horrible Pay with NO job security
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 9, 2013
Management gives no guidance or support whatsoever, regularly acts with an air of superiority and micromanages you. You can be fired at a moments notice for no given reason. Healthcare is expensive, pay is low. The good side is that you are doing good for animals; if only they would bestow the same philosophy to their fellow human.