PETCO

PETCO Employer Reviews

Grooming Assistant and Store Associate
Grooming Assistant and Store Associate (Former Employee), Manhattan, KSJuly 20, 2014
Grooming Assistant:Bathing dogs, trimming nails, and cleaning ears. Assisted groomers as needed with dog grooms. Also assisted with cat grooms and bathes. Booked appointments and educated customers.
Store Associate: Cashiered, stocked shelves, and cared for the small animal/bird department.
Productive workplace and good employees
Inventory Control Manager (Former Employee), Cranston, RIJuly 20, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of me planning out the day/night shift for tasks at hand. I had to plan accordingly to deadlines and sales. While helping customers and planning a shift, I was also learning the behind the scenes in order to become an assistant manager. Management and co-workers were easy to work with because we all got a long 98% of – more... the time. The most enjoyable part of my job is a tough one. Between establishing relationships with customers and getting along with co-workers, I would have to say everyday was pretty enjoyable. – less
great place
Groomer/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Hartsdale, NYJuly 18, 2014
Pros: animals
amazing job
learned to love and respect all creatures
management was okay
my coworkers were amazing
there was never a hard part to this job
everything about this job was great
It was a fun atomsphere
Inventory & Pricing Manager (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJuly 16, 2014
Pros: dog trainer
Cons: not alot of advancement
Great place to learn about animals and get training. Being able to learn and educate animals and pet parents was awesome.
productive work place
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee), buford, GAJuly 15, 2014
The managers made sure I had a clear understanding of what was expected of me. This made the work much easier. They treated the workers with respect and mad the work place fun.
Pets and their parents
Manager (Former Employee), Avon, MAJuly 14, 2014
Pros: daily interactions with animals
Cons: lack of training
Very fufilling to be able to meet families and their new addition. I worked with some very knowledgeable people and interacting with pets on a daily basis is extremely rewarding.
fun workplace
Senior Site Specialist (Former Employee), san diego californiaJuly 14, 2014
it was challenging and fun and i learned alot here I wouold recommend it to anybody who wanted to work there
fun environment to assist people with pets
Front End Manager (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 13, 2014
Pros: discounts on pet products
Cons: no health care
I enjoyed being a cashier. I was rewarded for getting near $2000.00 in donations for a injured dog in 1 month from customers checking out. One thing I found to be challenging was to be comfortable caring for and giving advice on reptiles & spiders. I loved being able to give customers assistance on how to correct a issue with their pet issues, hence – more... being able to apply my knowledge about pets. – less
Productive and faced paced
General Manager (Former Employee), Jonesboro, ARJuly 11, 2014
Pros: great benefits and great pay
Cons: trustworthyness
Monitoring animals health
Customer service and interacting with customers
Enjoyable part of my day is helping others get their new pet for their home
Great benefits and great pay
Focus on Animals and customer care
General Manager (Former Employee), Los Gatos, CA Sunnyvale CA Houston TXJuly 11, 2014
Good Company. Regional Management, DM,and Regional Animal Management needs a lot of improvement..Negative attitudes, and do not reward good performance. Discouraging with no positive feedback.
Fun workplace with animals
Pet Stylist Apprentice/Animal Handler (Current Employee), Patchogue, NYJuly 9, 2014
If you don't love working with animals then this job is not for you. A typical work day is grooming, bathing, cutting nails, and cleaning ears. Also making sure the customer is happy with the overall haircut. Management does help out especially the grooming salon manager because if a customer is unsatisfied the grooming salon manager will take over – more... to accommodate the customer. Hardest part of the job is explaining to customers we cannot groom their dog because it is too aggressive. Most enjoyable part is being surrounded with animals and love your job everyday. – less
first job
Lead Associate (Former Employee), Plaistow, NHJuly 8, 2014
was a great first job all those years ago, was animal care specialist and lead associate
Fun place to work for animal lovers
Department Manager (Current Employee), Minot, NDJuly 8, 2014
Working with the public and those who love being good pet parents is a definite plus. Gratification from customers is common when you help them resolve problems with their pets.
Review of PETCO
Animal Specialist and Canine Education Instructor (Former Employee), Allen Park, MIJuly 6, 2014
I loved this job. Every day was different. I worked as and animal specialist and was a a Canine Education instructor. As an animal specialist I was in charge of taking care of pets on the sales floor until they found there forever home as well as taking care of sick pets that were off the sales floor and taking animals to vet visits. I would pair up – more... the future pet parent with the right pet for them and insure they knew the proper care of the pet they were buying. As well as daily and weekly cleaning of the animal cages, along with daily feedings and socialization. As a Canine Education Instructor. I taught weekly classes to help pet parents learn obedience for their dogs that they could take home with them. The classes were 6 to 8 weeks long and had a variety of dog breeds and pet parents and was great for socializing of the dogs as well as the pet parents. The main method of training I used was the "lure and reward" method. – less
Fun job
companion animal specialist (Former Employee), Saint Peters, MOJuly 5, 2014
Pros: rewarding feeling from work
Cons: certain managers were lazy. refusing sales to certain customers could be stressful.
Typically this is a low stress job, low customer volume and good staffing aloud more than enough time to complete all assigned tasks and allowed plenty of one on one time to help customer with any questions. The job also came with a rewarding feeling of helping people and animals.
Good for what it is
Cashier (Former Employee), Kirkwood, MOJuly 3, 2014
Pros: pets and pet stuff!
Cons: boring, often harder work than is compensated for
I loved my job there, the environment and work to be done was very comfortable. My coworkers were great to work with. The job was a bit monotonous and didn't leave room for personal enhancement. Good place to work compared to similar positions in similar companies.
Great company to work for
Customer service/sales associate (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNJuly 3, 2014
Pros: room for advancement
Cons: benefits
We were a team. I enjoyed working with animals. I love reptiles most. I was able to train in other areas which made work more interesting. I cashiered, but i was also a sales associate in aquatics, reptiles, small animals and birds. It was great. on weekends we cut loose and cleaned the habitats.
love the work and dedication to pets
Groomer Assisstant (Former Employee), San Juan, PRJuly 2, 2014
love the way they think and love pets and like top help them, with the events and founds and natural foods
Open and closing the store,store mangemant, daily payroll, stock and ordering of good
Inventory Manager/Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Buford, GAJuly 2, 2014
Pros: overall easy place to work
Cons: travel time to work
Over all a fun and easy place to work. working with pets and all types of animals. learning new things every day. talking and getting to know my customers on a personal level.
Great place for animals
Cashier (Former Employee), Columbus, GAJuly 2, 2014
Pros: animals
Cons: store manager
The most enjoyable park of my work experience at Petco was the customers. I enjoy talking, meeting and helping new people. A typical work day was beginning shift, usually stocking the front as far as I could see the register, assisting customers as much as possible, answering the phone and checking out customers. The hardest part of my job was seeing – more... all the animals that were waiting to be adopted. My co-workers were friendly and always happy to help customers and co-workers. The store manager was the most difficult but the Assistant Manager as well as the key holders were awesome! I learned a lot about different species of animals. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About PETCO

PETCO Animal Supplies is a holding company for PETCO Animal Supplies Stores, the second-largest US retailer of specialty pet supplies – Read more