PETCO

PETCO Employer Reviews

the coworkers are the best part of work besides puppies!
Groomer (Former Employee), Edwardsville, ILNovember 25, 2014
Pros: puppies and ferrets!
Cons: horrible mangament
the co workers are amazing I love working with them but management is horrible. They need to learn to work with people better and learn to listen to people. They also need to learn to schedule better.
No room for advancement and pay doesn't equal experience
Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Braselton, GANovember 24, 2014
6-1:30 LOADING TRUCKS AFTER THAT WE ARE SENT HOME. WAS TOLD 40 OUR WORK WEEKS BUT ITS BEEN EVERYTHING BUT THAT FOR THAT LAST MONTH GOING ON TWO. I'VE LEARNED THAT HARD WORK DOES GET REWARDED. THE HARDEST PART OF THE JOB IS DEALING WITH PEOPLE WHO DOESN'T WANT TO WORK AND GOING HOME SO EARLY.
Decent place to work.
Aquatic Specialist (Current Employee), Garden City, NYNovember 24, 2014
Its not a terrible place to work at for the most part I enjoy working here. My co-workers are easy to work with and my managers are good people.
Fun work environment!
Companion Animal Department Manager (Current Employee), Longmont, CONovember 23, 2014
Pros: combination of routine and new projects.
Cons: opportunity for growth is minimal.
Excellent team based atmosphere with a face pace and constantly changing environment. A typical day involves responsibility for maintenance and care of all animal departments, inventory and order and constant customer service.
Enjoyable workplace,. good balance of work and training.
Customer Service (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXNovember 19, 2014
Pros: good management
Cons: too few hours
Petco is a progressive and evolving store. It is very aware of the various needs of the customers for their pets. It stocks a great variety of products which meet the needs of the shoppers. Working at Petco would meet my economic needs and fulfill my desire to become more familiar with the world of pets.
Typical day
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 18, 2014
Pros: co workers
Cons: short breaks
My time at petco was short. A typical day was never the same until closing time. the customers weren't always the nicest but i just grinned and bared it, the animals made it a more welcoming environment.
Dealing with animals was fun
customer service (Former Employee), portland, orNovember 17, 2014
Very bad review. the management was not good and did not care for there employees
Where the Happy Pets Go
Department Manager (Former Employee), Elk Grove,CANovember 17, 2014
Good advancement possibilities, but can be a downer on your mood with customers and fellow employees.
Fun place to Work with Animals
Aquatic Specialist (Former Employee), Greenwood, SCNovember 17, 2014
I was in charge of cleaning the animal habitats, keeping them fed, and watered. I was also responsible for keeping the back room clean and organized. I filled and cleaned fish tanks and helped customers find what they needed. I had really great co-workers an a fun environment to work in.
great place, fun and love to be with the animals
Cashier/ Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 15, 2014
Cashier, cleaning animals cages, helping customers, love helping with animals and its a great experience to be there
Place Sucks
General Manager (Former Employee), FloridaNovember 14, 2014
Cons: everything
Overworked and under paid. No work/life balance for salaried management. They want you to do everything except what they hired you for. Regional management is no help at all.
Eeh, not may favorite
Assistant Buyer (Former Employee), San Diego, CANovember 13, 2014
Pros: got to bring your pets to work with you
Very large, very CORPORATE company. Sense of job security was not present and moral was low.
Great Enviorment
Dog Trainer (Former Employee), Tustin, CANovember 13, 2014
Love the animals an the coworkers it was a great enviorment to work at.
lots of animals
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, NYNovember 13, 2014
Every work day was the same routine. Walk in, go to the break room and place your stuff and then head right to the register after clocking in. I learned how to take care of certain animals and maintain a healthy environment for them. The management was not bad in the beginning while we set the store up, but once we got up and running and selling products, – more... all the workers were placed on the registers or on the floor setting floor plans and the customers were not being assisted. – less
Great Part-time job
Cashier / Pet Care (Former Employee), Gresham, ORNovember 12, 2014
This was a great company to work for. Be prepared to be surrounded by animals. If you are not an animal lover then don't apply!!
Fun place to work, but no room to advance to management
Aquatics Specialist (Former Employee), Longview, TXNovember 11, 2014
Pros: handing animals daily
Cons: management lacking knowledge of store
I thoroughly enjoyed working at PetCo, but was disappointed to find out that they do not promote people from within PetCo into the management positions. They only hired people from outside the store with 5+ years of experience. Despite the PetCo employees extensive knowledge of PetCo, the store and all it's inner workings, we were not even considered – more... for promotion. – less
Enjoyed working with animals.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXNovember 10, 2014
Pros: discounts on pet products for my cat.
Greet customers entering establishments.
Maintain clean and orderly checkout areas.
Count money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change.
Opening and Closing Procedures.
Helping customers find products, treat and toys for their best friend.
fun and very productive
Assistant Retail (Former Employee), Loma Linda, CANovember 10, 2014
cleaning up after the animals. stocking the store in the mooring
fun workplace but a bit stressful
bather/pooch play (Former Employee), san jose CaliforniaNovember 10, 2014
I bathed dog to get them ready for the groomers I also worked in the doggie day care watching over the dogs making sure they played well and didn't get into fights.
Company needs direction when dealing with employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee), League City, TXNovember 9, 2014
I would work on the days I was scheduled, when either myself or one of my children where sick I was penalized for it and was eventually fired over it. This company does not care about their employees or their families at all. If you put your family first, you will loose your job.

1 2 3 4 5

About PETCO

Petco… where the healthy pets go Petco is a leading pet specialty retailer that provides the products, services and – Read more