Petco

Petco United States Employee Reviews

Pet Stylist (Current Employee), Warwick, RIApril 18, 2015
-Do not value employees
-Do not take customers needs into account
-Cooperate management does not follow their own policy
-Policy changes by store
-Confusing customers and employees by rolling out new methods and systems only to change them 3 months later
A great place to work during college (at least my location)
Stock Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), La Cañada Flintridge, CAApril 16, 2015
Pros: Great coworkers, nice atmosphere, good management
Cons: Crazy stock shift hours
I actually ended up loving working here. I was a stocking associate and cashier, and while I liked working as a cashier more, the stocking part of the job had crazy hours (10pm to 7am shifts), but the guys I worked with were awesome and had great personality and humor. I'm still friends with half the employees that work there. Work/life balance was good, and full shifts didn't feel that long most days. I really liked most of the managers and my coworkers. I think the hardest part of the job was just learning everything as quick as possibly (especially cleaning the animal habitats quickly, that was the hardest part). I really enjoyed helping people in the store, but sometimes the people who came into the store were super rude [I think it has to do with the attitude of the town (self entitled affluent people)]. If it paid more and the job had more variety, I probably would have continued working there for longer.
petco
Grooming Receptionist/Grooming Assistant (Current Employee), Vallejo, CAApril 16, 2015
I love working for petco because I love the animals that come in, I just which the environment had a better vibe. It would be a lot better if everyone got along and were able to settle problems in a mature manner.
I enjoyed working with animals. I enjoy customer service , retail and working with the public.
Retail Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 15, 2015
Pros: Working with the public
Cons: Constant managment changes
As an assistant manager I helped in overseeing the day to day activities of running a retail environment. I was a key holder. I opened and closed the store which included making bank deposits
Petco was an interesting job.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Henrietta, NYApril 15, 2015
It was fun working around all the small pets and fish. I developed a great obsession for fish from my employment there. They were a nice company, as well, very fair and good to me.
great place to work
Cashier/Customer Service/Grooming Manager (Former Employee), Olympia, WAApril 14, 2015
loved working here also loved the people i worked with it made it easy to come to work everyday love animals and cashiering so what a better place to be. loved grooming being able to work closely with dogs and there owners everyday was amazing.
Great Place to work
Whole Pets Specialist/ Sales associate (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 12, 2015
Pros: Flexable hours
Petco is a customer relations based pet store. Animal safety is top priority but customer service is a very close second place. The most difficult part of work is learning about all the animals and how to properly assist customers. Once those skills are mastered the job is fairly easy.
It changed so quickly
Cashier (Former Employee), Conroe, TXApril 12, 2015
It was always busy and impossible to move away from the register. Coworkers were lazy never wanting to clean after themselves. I overall enjoyed all the animals and help pet owners find what they needed.
my review
Pet Groomer (Former Employee), Durham, NCApril 8, 2015
Pros: loved the people I worked with and love my customers
Cons: I didnt like the hours and weekend work.
My job position was pet groomer. I schedule my treatments. Interact with my customers and their pets. I maintain treatment/grooming rooms in a professional manner. Experience in taking and understanding the importance of taking good notes. Monitoring the pets, making sure they maintained to be healthy and happy at all times
Love the Co-Workers
Cashier (Former Employee), Bellevue, NEApril 8, 2015
Pros: Animals, Co-workers, Pay, Vacation
Cons: Management, No chance for advancement
My co-workers were the best perk about the job I held at PetCo. I was an employee at PetCo for two years without any chance of advancement due to my status of being a military spouse. I was told that "since my spouse was a high risk for transfer that I was not worth investing in".

I spent my days catering to the customers, caring for the pets, and completing my daily work chores before the days end. All in all, it was only a job and not a career.
Great Company with Amazing Philosophy!
General Store Manager (Current Employee), Venice, FLApril 7, 2015
I have worked for Petco for over 7 years, in all different positions, and although I have had good and bad leaders over the years, the company remains strong.

I appreciate the company and their philosophy on helping animals, and their need to promote talent from within.

Love this company!
LOVE THIS PLACE
BATHER (Former Employee), Laveen, AZApril 7, 2015
PetCo is also a great place to work. The environment was amazing, they were amazingly organized (especially during the SUPER busy days), we were like our own mini family. The employers understood all of the employees needs and they were very flexible.
Im a animal lover
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Rochester, NYApril 7, 2015
I worked in a pet store and i got to learn about many diffident kinds of animals like fish, birds and snakes. I got to feed and handle many animal's and care for them. I was also able to meet customers and their pets and help them with selections and questions. The management was fine and my co worker were fine i also. I had a cat at the time so having the perks of being a pet owner was working in a pet store. Discount !!!!!
Overall Good place to work
General Manager (Former Employee), Houston TxApril 7, 2015
day to day operations emphasis on Customer Service.
Good employees, Having a bad day...always find a pet to take away the stress
Great Fun Job
Aquatic Specialist (Current Employee), Lawton, OKApril 4, 2015
Pros: Co-workers
Sometimes gets really busy but I love my job there and the people I work with. Great place to work and get to play with all the animals.
Fun place to work
Dept. Manager (Former Employee), Staunton, VAApril 3, 2015
Pros: Getting to do something i enjoyed
Cons: management turnover
A typical day would consist of cleaning animal cages & fish aquariums. Also playing with animals. Teaching new pet parents how to care for their pet. Taking sick or injured animals to the vet. I learned a lot at this job. Management had a lot of turn over. my co-workers were wonderful. The hardest part of this job was the sick or injured animals as I have a very soft heart. The most enjoyable part of my job was playing with the animals. Getting the ready for their new homes.
Great job to get started working with animals.
Grooming Assistant (Former Employee), Chesterfield, MIApril 3, 2015
Pros: Room for advancement.
Cons: Low pay, not enough benefits.
I learned a lot about different people's preferences, and the needs of their pets. Management was friendly. The hardest part of the job was competing with other employees for making commission wages. The best part was making pets and their owners happy.
Fun and great place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLApril 1, 2015
I learned to take care of small animals and gained a lot of knowledge on different kind of animal products and how to help pet owners find the best fit for their pets. I loved my managers and my time there.
General Manager (Current Employee), King George, VAMarch 31, 2015
Pros: low stress, lots of fun, great people, great senior leaders
Cons: small payroll model, very understaffed stores.
Great support and overall leadership from senior leaders
Tons of opportunity for qualified and motivated hard workers
Really in tune with community and is actively engaged with building bond with every guest that comes in the door.
Reviews based on real work and not subjective to unrelated or uncontrolled circumstances.
Wonderful environment and team mentality in stores.
Good place to work with animals
Customer Advisor (Former Employee), Humble, TxMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Working with animals, helping customers
Cons: working truck with store open, short staff
A typical day at work would be feeding and taking care of all different types of animals, helping customers, and also cleaning and keeping a good work environment. Management and coworkers would work together on a daily basis to make sure every customer left happy. The hardest part of the job was working truck while the store was open and the most enjoyable part was being able to work hands on with animals everyday.

1 2 3 4 5

About Petco

Petco… where the healthy pets go Petco is a leading pet specialty retailer that provides the products, services and – Read more

Petco Salaries