An exhilarating summer job
Receiving Associate (Former Employee) – Waterbury, CT – May 20, 2017
* I worked at Petco from 9am-2pm every weekday for 10 weeks through the summer of 2014. I worked primarily on receiving in the stock room, but I also helped out any customers who asked for it.
* I learned about different food and item brands and types, for individual pet needs.
* The managers were always willing to lend me a helping hand whenever I didn't know about something or learned something new.
* My senior co-workers were each assigned to a specific pet department for their knowledge of each. So, we had a go-to man for birds, another lady for fish, etc. We also learned about individual pets and what they needed.
* Stocking shelves with heavy bags of cat and dog food was physically straining, and the birds had to be handled carefully while their cages, foo and water were cleaned.
* Meeting and learning about so many animals was very fun and kept me going back over and over.