Petco Employee Reviews

Found 2,194 reviews matching the search
Very fast paced
Small Animal Specialist (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXJuly 22, 2017
Not a good place to start for first time employees as all of the animal habits need to be clear and sanitized and the animals need to be fed and watered by a certain time every morning.
Pros
Working alongside animals, usually kind customers
Cons
Fear of bites, stressful, fast paced
Loved it!
Grooming Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDJuly 21, 2017
Pets and their people, what's not to love? I was fortunate to have an excellent GM in my store. Fun was encouraged, and our staff was close. I've heard in recent times, that things have changed though.
Horribly lazy management
Dog Trainer (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJuly 21, 2017
The majority of the managers sat around and did nothing all day long. While the Assistant manager and myself ran the floor. For the majority of the time it was him and i taking care of the store.
Pros
opens late closes early
Cons
everything else
great place to work
Pet Stylist (Former Employee) –  Walnut Park, CAJuly 20, 2017
Best managers ive had for a while. Deborah was always super nice and supportive of the employees. Grooming salon has its slow times but it does get extremely busy as well.
store manager unqualified
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILJuly 20, 2017
the man has had many complaints about him from both customers and employees but his childhood friend sits in the district manager spot and covers for him.
A horrible experience.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAJuly 20, 2017
I was still young while I worked here and had just moved to Dalton Georgia, which was a mistake on its own, but in the short time I was there an assistant manager sexually harassed me quite a lot. I was too scared to go to HR but he was notorious for it and I did tell one of the managers. I quite shortly after and moved back down to Buford.
Pros
Seeing animals, nice costumers.
Cons
Toxic environment, bad management.
Not the Same Company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 19, 2017
The company has changed since it's sale in 2016. Morale is low, pay is horrible, benefits poor. Leaders, formerly called Managers, are leaving and are not being replaced easily. I do not recommend.
Pros
Employee Disounts
Cons
Pay, benefits
ehh
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MAJuly 19, 2017
i loved working here i loved working with all of the animals and seiing all of the new puppies. the managers didnt care at all about what you had to say
Good for extra cash
Stand Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 19, 2017
You work hard, but its a fun enviornment, It is great for people watching and helping others enjoy a day out with their family.///////////////////////////
Fast paced environment
Guest advisor specialist (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 18, 2017
Working for petco is an ok job I wouldn't recommend it long term only if you need a job to have a little bit of spending money. Other than that it's not exactly a job you want permanently.
Wonderful place to work
Groomer/ stylist (Former Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNJuly 18, 2017
The environment is amazing it's a great starter job and a fun way to make money. Working with animals can be like not working at all but instead bonding
Pros
Working with animals
Cons
Corporate quotas
Solid company!
Customer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Rolling Hills Estates, CAJuly 18, 2017
Overall a great place to work where one learns a lot about the business. I felt I could grow as an employee and person to reach my goals and help clients and customers succeed!
Overall
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHJuly 17, 2017
Amazing company to work for. This company prides themselves on the utmost care for all animals and their owners. Excellent animal care is their main priority and making sure customers are well informed of proper animal care of all varieties.
Major issues
Construction Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 17, 2017
This company does not think twice about how their employees feel. Do not take a job here unless you only want short term. Management does not care about their employees
Pros
Cons
as many as you can think of
receiver
Packer/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJuly 17, 2017
the job is really easy for anyone with background experience of the warehouse industry
to get a raise you have to wait for 14months for an evaluation from your supervisor
Pros
free popcorn on thursday
Cons
holiday pay sucks
Groomer West Palm Beach, FL Petco
Groomer (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJuly 17, 2017
There is no room for growth with this company. They have made a lot of changes so you work very hard and do not get compensated for anything that you do. They do not appreciate when you give the company your all either. There are never enough hours so you are always losing money and time. They expect you to do great at your job but they also need you to do everyone else's as well because they are always understaffed.
Pros
Cons
short breaks, sometimes have to work through your break, judgment for everything, not good money
very productive
Guest Experience Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 16, 2017
very productive and the environment is very positive. there is always room to educate guest on products we sell. Management is very organized and always accommodate employees and guest as needed.
Terrible culture
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 15, 2017
The leadership in this company is the worst! DM and above have no idea what reality is like in the store. Constantly putting down the company and the partners in a public forum is not a professional impression. The continuous use of threats, foul language is not what I signed up for. Many Store Leaders are looking for a new job in this market due to the weak leadership.
Pros
Time spent with the kids, looking for their first pet
Cons
Lack of leadership professionalism
Aquatics learning Experience
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Homewood, ILJuly 14, 2017
Was a cashier, and aquatics trainee, and enjoyed the time spent working here. The most enjoyable part of this was having a job during high school and being able to accept the responsibility.
Love animals
Customer Service/ Planogram Specialist (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJuly 13, 2017
loved working with animals & animal lovers, however advancement was not great. Was not given enough hours no matter how hard i worked. The people were pretty great, best part was the animals and learning about the animals
Pros
aniamls, fun atmosphere
Cons
advancment, pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Petco. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval