Petco

Petco Employee Reviews

fun and nice vendors to work with.
Customer Advisor (Former Employee), Camarillo, CAMay 28, 2015
Pros: teaching people why its better to adopt than to buy cats and dogs.
Cons: cleaning up after all those animals
Very fun place to work at if you love animals cleaning the cages of all the animals sometimes you would find babies. I learned so much about animal care and proper nutrition for mainly dogs and cats, being part of one of the best management teams was awesome. The hardest part of job was leaving your family and going home and having to sale a pet to a customer. The most enjoyable part of the job was watching newborn animals come to grow and love you like their parent.
Fun
Store Associate (Former Employee), Wauwatosa, WIMay 28, 2015
Nice place to work. not to easy not too hard. nice benefits. The coworkers were a blast to work with. I learned a lot about animals.
Management is terrible
Pet Stylist (Former Employee), NYMay 27, 2015
Pros: animals, tips
Cons: had to share bathroom with the public
Management, they only care about the money. They couldn't care less about the employees. I loved my job in grooming but had to leave because of how bad I was treated by my manager. I couldn't go to the store manager because he wouldn't do anything about it. Also, don't count on them to fix broken things. The kennel dryer was broke since the store opened. That took business away. the only good thing was the animals, the great customers i knew and the tips.
Small Store, Amazing Camaraderie
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Milford, OHMay 21, 2015
Pros: Management, Coworkers, Small Size, and extremely loyal customers
Cons: Hours
I heard about the position through my lab instructor, from a former student of hers who graduated in '14. After working for two months, there are only a handful of things that I could complain about. Mainly- hours. I was told when I was hired that I would average around 18-20 hours a week, which is fine with me, but then I started getting 14.5 for two weeks in a row.
Perfect place for animal lovers
Grooming Assistant (Former Employee), Chaska, MNMay 20, 2015
I was a grooming assistant for about a year at Petco. My duties included taking bath dogs for myself and helping groomers with their appointments from time to time. I also answered the phone, scheduled appointments, and performed walk-in services. It could get really busy and stressful at times but all of the groomers I worked with were awesome people and incredibly helpful. I love dogs, so even though the job was tiring, being able to work with them made my time at Petco an enjoyable experience.
enjoyed working there
DOG GROOMING ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Mansfield, MAMay 19, 2015
Pros: 20% off store
Cons: verry hard work
was fun to work enjoyed all employees were friendly and kind. loved working with the dogs whether or not the dogs liked it. I was also liked the fact that I could help the customers and there pets. The hardest part of the job was lifting and holding the heavy strong dogs management was always supporting of my ideas and willing to help
Enjoyed my time at Petco
Groomers Assistant (Former Employee), Wenatchee, WAMay 19, 2015
Pros: Work was play.
I really enjoyed my time at Petco. I enjoyed my team members. I really enjoyed being on the sales floor if I was done with grooming, I enjoyed helping the customers locate items in the store or checking on the animals.I was good at my job and enjoyed it.
Petco had a good training program for people interested in grooming. I worked at two locations for Petco, one in Wenatchee WA and one in League City, TX I enjoyed them both.
Temporay job
Merchandising/Remodel Crew (Former Employee), Shorewood, ILMay 17, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: night shift
Temporary remodeling crew for 3 weeks 8 hr. night shift position. Duties included moving, restocking and labeling merchandise and cleaning.
Working here was wonderful...
Cashier (Former Employee), Sumter, SCMay 14, 2015
I loved seeing all of the different animals that came through the doors. I also loved being apart of an amazing group of people who truly cared for their job and customers, furry or other wise. If I could go back I would.
Just Ok
Department Manager (Former Employee), Shrewsbury, MOMay 13, 2015
A prime example of a large company that values their dollar more than their employees. Priorities are extremely construed and offers very poor chance of advancement past department management. Great for a starter or part time job, but don't rely on them as a career path.
Culture change in recent years has been at the cost of enjoyment of job.
General Manager (Former Employee), TexasMay 13, 2015
Pros: When you get the chance you get to help some one understand their pets.
Cons: Everything else
Moving away from Animals and more towards transactions. They have changed from caring about their associates and more towards sales or else mentality. Every I have met working here go to work each day on their toes and stressed. Not recommended.
productive work place
Groomer (Former Employee), Asheville, NCMay 13, 2015
Pros: Great team to work with
Cons: Not enough hours/work.
This was a great place to work, the staff and management team was amazing. However, there were too many workers and not enough work to obtain the pay check I needed.
Would not recommend working here
Sales Associate (former) (Former Employee), Monterey, CAMay 12, 2015
Pros: Money
Cons: Management
Horrible management. Makes customers and employees feel uncomfortable. Cliques/Gossip/Drama. Would not recommend that anyone work here. Animals neglected.
Sammamish Store best Petco ever
Salon Manager/Stylist (Current Employee), Sammamish, WAMay 10, 2015
Pros: great health benefits, fun coworkers
Cons: PTO for groomers only minimum wage, a lack of communication with corperate management
The staff at the Sammamish store are everything Petco hopes and dreams to be. They are caring, compassionate individuals who really have pets and their people best interests at heart. It was a difficult decision to leave this store, but the company at large decided to go in a direction that I felt made me no longer a good fit.
fun, friendly, great customers
Customer Advisor (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 10, 2015
Working at petco was great, I was able to help people help their dogs and seeing other people love there pets just made my day.
summary of my life with petco
Grooming Salon Manager (Former Employee), Plano, TXMay 9, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: management
Working at Petco is o.k. There seems to be a high turn over; usually it involves management. The benefits are good but over all i would just give petco a average grade.
Run away
Customer Adviser/Dog Trainer (Former Employee), Visalia, CAMay 6, 2015
Pros: Encouraged me to find a better job
Cons: All about making money
I worked there for two years as a dog trainer. The ASM took every chance to let everyone know that he does not have any animals without legs and he knows nothing about dogs. He told me I was not to have any physical contact w/ the dogs or even correct them verbally, we were not allowed to make recommendations even those based on our training, poor pay, I was constantly chastised for not selling classes while I was stuck at the registers which was every hour on the job when I was not instructing a class. Also beware of the fundraisers! They tell you that most goes to local shelters, it's actually half; the other half is dispersed across the country, mostly to Petco Foundation admin and the managers are given a bonus for reaching their goal marks regardless of whether or not they worked on it themselves! Rude to customers and don't care about their employees or animals. Our GM refused several owner surrenders of puppies and rabbits because he didn't "want people to think of us as a shelter!"
Fun Place to Work
Cashier (Former Employee), Hermitage, TNMay 5, 2015
Pros: Animals
Cons: Cleaning
This company knows how to keep people smiling and really know how to take care of the pets and employees. I really enjoyed working here and the animals were great too.
Fun workplace
Sales Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee), Hendersonville, TNApril 30, 2015
Opportunity to be educated in animal care and customer service. Willing to train you into management along with much needed knowledge of animals.
Great Place to Connect and Engage other Pet Owners
General Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 29, 2015
Pros: Making a difference in the lives of Pet Parents and their furry friends
Cons: Lack of consistent career path for top achievers.
Sharing with customers the nutrition benefits of various pet foods and services. A company who really cares about doing what's best for employees and customers. Strong Brand and Culture.

1 2 3 4 5

About Petco

Petco… where the healthy pets go Petco is a leading pet specialty retailer that provides the products, services and – Read more

Petco Salaries