Peter Piper Pizza Employee Reviews in United States

Busy
S 12th Ave - Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 30, 2016
A typical work day consists of over 300 orders a day, not including phone call orders. I learned how to deal with hectic days by multitasking.
Great experience.
GAME ROOM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 20, 2015
Got tons of overtime, got along with absolutely everyone. Management is kind, helpful and understanding. Although I quit after 2 months, they would like to hire me back. Reason why I left was just because of the interference with studying for school.
Pros
Over time
Cons
Finding your own time to eat.
Overall
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Avondale, AZMay 10, 2016
It's a good company, it just depends who your district manager is. It is a very fun environment but and do love the company but for being there as long as I have I don't feel like I'm compensated for it.
Fun Work Place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Buckeye, AZMarch 18, 2016
They are very flexible with your schedule. Perfect for student who are still in high school. You get a free meal every time you work.
Pros
Free Meals
Cons
Hardly work your 20 hours
peter piper pizza
BUSSER (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TX 79925March 31, 2016
I loved working here. the people became so close to me we became like a mini family. working there was so much fun. it was always the same thing but the fact that it was such an awesome environment made it great.
fun place to work
Tech Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 3, 2016
wonderful place to work with great perks. definitely recommend working here if you like helping others and fixing electronics if working in the game room.
Great for a first job
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZMay 25, 2014
The location I was at was in dire need of employees and overworked night closers. They were wonderfully flexible with my class schedule but the courses I was taking required so much of my time to study which was occupied by work. Majority of the team members were teenagers barely getting into the gist of things so I would help train them and teach them skills about time management, communication, etc. It felt as though I had taken a huge step back because I was basically teaching someone else to do their job with no raise though I was promised one for the longest time. I was recognized once as Employee of the Month which felt like a great accomplishment. I learned that most of the guests took pizza a little too seriously and would complain about any little thing, just because they knew they could receive free food.
Pros
free food sometimes, great friendships, awesome managers
Cons
hardly any breaks, dead during most days during the week
Fun place to work for familes
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AzSeptember 26, 2015
A typical day was crowd because of kids running around. I learned to make both parents and their children happy. The management was okay, very laidback. The coworkers did not really communicate as much as I hoped especially while training. The hardest part of the job was getting out of my comfort zone, the most enjoyable part was seeing the children smile.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
No break even after a 10 hour break
Hope to never go back to a job like this
BUSSER (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 9, 2015
Clocked in and cleaned dishes, restocked items, bussed tables, cleaned restrooms, provided customer service. Learned to better talk with and put up with customers. Managers usually were willing to work around my school life, but at times were very stubborn. For example, wrote me up for not showing up despite me telling them I had an exam and would not show up if they left me on the schedule. Too many druggie co-workers. All they did was talk about weed, alcohol, and pills. Hardest part of the job over the 14 months was feeling unappreciated. Often covered for co-workers on their days off while most co-workers refused to cover me, managers refused to give me hours despite me coming in nearly every time was asked to (never did that thing that people do where they pretend they didn't have their phone with them when managers/co-workers called), both managers and co-workers often refused to do me favors despite me staying sometimes to help after off the clock. Most enjoyable part of this job was being able to wash dishes and just listen to my music.
Pros
Radio with mp3 jack in the dish-room, fairly-easy job
Cons
Terrible pay for un-rewarding job, terrible managers, mostly terrible co-workers
The most enjoyable part of the job
Cashier Trainer (Former Employee) –  National City, CAOctober 3, 2015
I've worked in this job about 9 years ago, and from what I could remember, the most enjoyable part of the job was the closing part where each closers have a department to clean. Since I am a cashier trainer, I usually clean the dinner area, such as wiping tables, emptying the trash, sweeping or vacuuming the carpet, and going in and on top of the kids slide to clean it. Another part of this job that I enjoyed was covering people, because I've got to experience being the cook, the dishwasher, the game room attendant, and hostess for kids birthday parties. It gave me the opportunity to really have the feel of working in a different area and different responsibility.
Pros
free lunch

Want to know more about Peter Piper Pizza?

Ask a question
Productive and fun place to work.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZNovember 25, 2015
Great place to work, great food, and so many great days. managers were very nice and understanding of many things. Learned to be fast and reliable. everyone on the team was helpful and knowledgeable in what they did at wok. best day at work is when we were the busiest and we had parties to tend to.
Pros
Free lunches, 20% family discount
Cons
One general manager was very mean, he was th reason for my resignation
fun
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 28, 2015
lots of fun never boring. lots of laughs, good times. good people to work for. lots of growth with the company. have a great time with them.
Great place to work for a first job!
Store Team Leader (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 25, 2014
Its a good job, you learn to do everything, and if you work hard enough you have a chance at promotions, just your hours get cut often.
Pros
free pizza when your part of management, 1/2 off ep and roca
Cons
no benefits
Hectic environment most of the time.
General Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 3, 2015
I would go into work, get assigned a position & get right to it, didn't mind how busy it was, just got the job done quick & effectively. I learned how to talk to a customer the right way & understood not every customer was the same. The management at Peter Piper's was debatable, good, in-between, bad managers. Co-workers here, came & went but for the most part we all worked as a team. The hardest part of the job here when another co-worker got lazy and never did their job. The most enjoyable part of this job was going into work knowing I could talk to everyone as a family and not a crew.
Pros
Free Pizza
Cons
Younger co-workers not knowing the value of work
Productive and fun workplace
Gameroom employee (Former Employee) –  Mission, TXJanuary 4, 2015
I learned a lot during my time there at Peter Piper. learned to handle money for the first time, was the foundation for my good communication skills. Management was not too good with hours unfortunately. the hardest part of the job was the maintenance on the arcade machines and cleaning them as well.
Pros
fun work enviorment, no supervision
Cons
no lunch, no benefits, lenthy work hours
Sometimes hectic but enjoyable.
General Crew (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 28, 2015
Employees were not typically very motivated, so a lot of my work load consisted of cleaning up other people's messes or helping them with their job. Teamwork was essential to get through the day, especially on the weekends when it wasn't uncommon to have upwards of 30 parties in a day. This job worked really well around school schedules and was good for high schoolers.
Pros
Free dinner if it was slow enough
Cons
No breaks, no advancement
Great job to pay bills and wait for your dream job to come.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Tucson, azAugust 9, 2012
Local owned thats all i have to say!!
You have to deal with owners and with all their family that works there. Its like having 10 to 15 people telling you different things that changes every week.
No advancement and if you do for horrible pay no actual great benefits like you would get at a corprate job.
nothing is enjoyable, waiting for a call every week on a job that will be worth leaving this place and make sure not to come back!
Pros
free food
Cons
no breaks, horrible pay, unprofesional
struggle
cook (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 13, 2015
not much to say never enough tasks to fill the day. and management struggles to know what they want from the workers if done early can finish many other tasks on own before managers give you more fun projects. store close at 10 sometimes there till 1-2am because managers having trouble with inventory or their jobs while employees are just sitting around done talking to each other
Pros
food
Cons
hours
Fun place
Multiple (Current Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZJuly 14, 2015
Great place for first job, easy. Management not the best, but overall a great fun, and easy job. The busy days can be very stressful, but it's quite an enjoyment to be able to multitask to get things done and make guests leave happy.
Pros
Discounts, customers, food, fun, easy
Cons
Management not on top of things
Great atmosphere
Kitchen Employee, Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  EL Paso, TexasJuly 13, 2015
Great place to make friends, go in and do your work is all that was really asked of the employees. Not too difficult of a job to do and as long as you followed everything by the rules you should not be in trouble.
Pros
Friends
Cons
short breaks, no benefits

Peter Piper Pizza Reviews by Location