Peterson Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Nice facility, great positive environment
RN (Current Employee) –  Kerrville, TXOctober 10, 2017
Good place to work. Nice facility. Management encourages growth and provides opportunities. Pay is comparable to other hospitals. Benefits are comparable as well.
Great place, great people
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Kerrville, TXJuly 15, 2017
Great place to work with a lot of opportunity. I worked in the food service and it was like a family environment. Could get very busy and fast paced but everything ran smoothly. If you want a job that keeps you on your toes and provides opportunity for growth, this is your place. They let you determine your success in that if you show up ready to work and with a good attitude, you will be provided with opportunity. If you don't like working there, it's probably you and you probably need to evaluate yourself. You are given every opportunity to do well. Only left to pursue a different career.
High school jobs was alright
Kitchen (Former Employee) –  Kerrville, TXMay 24, 2017
My job as working in the kitching was alright but having too be around good food and sweet deserts was not too good but we were all a family boss was very nice and didn't put up with negative People or the attitude and that's what keeps a job working well and safe. My experience working there as my high school part time jobs was fun got to meet new and work with different types of skills but sooner then ever I had to leave for better opportunities.
small hospital but busy
Clerical duties, data and entry (Former Employee) –  Kerrville, TXApril 17, 2017
For being a small hospital we sure get super busy. My last couple of months with them i have been pulled to cover other draw stations and i have enjoyed working with them and in the near future i do plan to come and work for them again.
Nice place to work
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 10, 2017
The staff of the hospital generally worked well together to serve the community. The facility was somewhat nursing-centric, with less regard for ancillary services.
Not a nurse friendly hospital
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Kerrville, TXApril 10, 2017
The focus of management in this hospital is on patient care. OF course patient care is top priority, but should not be at the expense of the nurses' mental, emotional, and physical well being. If the nurses are abused, the patient care will ultimately suffer.
Good place to work.
Wound Care Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kerrville, TXFebruary 22, 2017
Benefits are good. Lateral transitions work well so you can move from one department to another fairly well. You can usually become a charge nurse without too much difficulty.Getting into management is more difficult. There are levels to attain in nursing which must be maintained but will allow the person to get more money which is nice.
Pros
Good benefits for this day and age.
Cons
Difficulty to move up in management
Labor and Delivery
Labor and Delivery RN (Current Employee) –  TexasJanuary 31, 2017
This is a small hospital and I have enjoyed working with them. They have a family feel. However if you desire high paced this is not the place. They do have a great team.
Na
Food Service Worker 1 (Former Employee) –  Kerrville, TXDecember 13, 2016
My family always taught me if you don't have anything nice to say you shouldn't say anything at all. Seriously don't work here it's not worth it at all
take short cuts on safety to save money
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kerrville, TXOctober 3, 2016
Worked as an RN there. Took many short cuts to attempt to save money by getting things done faster. Expected employees to do so much in little time forcing staff to not do the job properly. They also expect employees to do online training and read emails, procedures their own time. To boost charges I saw employees charge patients for things they did not do.
Pros
worked with some very good and knowledgable co-workers
Cons
management, pay
Horrid
PCT (Former Employee) –  prmcJune 23, 2016
Horrid staffing leading to horrid patient care. Terrible hospital terrible place to work. Patients are neglected because of lack of pcts lack of nurses. Always asked to work. No reasonable vacation time.
Pros
Cons
Money is more important than pt care or staffing.
Always short staffed to save money
Registered Nurse RN Labor & Delivery (Former Employee) –  Kerrville, TXApril 27, 2016
No work life balance...I was constantly asked to work crazy hours nights and days flipping back and forth without regard for my family or children. We were ALWAYS SHORT STAFFED and staffed with nurses that should still be training and that were still asking for training.
...no retention program...friends that have worked there for 20 years gone because they offended someone by getting to the point...seriously? We are saving lives here people...not playing patty cake at Sunday school.
The management has no appreciation for critical thinking skills. They expect you to stop everything in an emergency while trying to save a life and use your best manners wasting precious time of a persons life saying..."oh could you please hand me that unit of O+ blood while my patient is bleeding out and thank you so much and how is your day?"
The CNO is burned out and hates her job and it is obvious to everyone. The new director of Women's Services came in from a big hospital and decided she knew everything and we were all a bunch of idiots and proceeded to treat us as such.
It was demeaning and depressing.

HOWEVER....I DO WANT TO SAY I WORKED WITH SOME OF THE MOST AMAZING DOCTORS, NURSES, MIDWIVES, & TECHS...THEY ARE AWESOME.
Pros
Awesome Fellow Nurses, Doctors, Midwives, Techs
Cons
Always short staffed to save money
Immediate supervision incredible
Staff Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Kerrville, TXFebruary 6, 2016
Ethical in treatment expectations; working toward current documentation technology; poor cross training; middle management not in touch with challenges present between working different areas, disconnect present between upper management and middle management. culture between departments fractured.
Pros
Immediate supervisors and co-workers cultivate new employees comfort
Cons
Poor cross training
Fun place to work with nice staff
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Kerrville, TXNovember 20, 2015
Good place to work and start off in the medical field.
There really wasn't that much room for growth as a Patient Care Technician, but all in all I would recommend working here to someone wanting a medical career.
Cons
Lunches are always cut short
It is a good place to start your first job as a Respiratory Therapist
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Kerrville, TXAugust 17, 2015
Night shift isn't busy. Co-workers are great but management is poor.
Hardest part of the job is trying to stay awake at night
Pros
Lots of PTO, pickup extra shifts
Cons
Poor Management
peterson hospital
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Kerrville, TXJuly 16, 2015
Hostile environment ! Picture taking of employees "wrongs"
management bulling
for the most part the workers get along.
The whole hospitals management has a lot to be desired. they are not employee friendly. Fast to fire!
Pros
working with the RNs, being there for the paticents
Focused, caring workplace, committed to patient care.
Perioperative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kerrville, TXJune 29, 2015
I worked in this hospital's Operating Room, cleaning/sterilizing the rooms after operations and making sure equipment was prepared and organized.

A typical day at work for me began after the morning's first surgery. The type of surgery would dictate what kind of cleaning needed to be done following. A no-incision scope or colonoscopy required minimal cleanup. A hip replacement or other orthopedic procedure required more thorough cleaning, which would include mopping/sterilizing the floors, cleaning the beds/equipment. Emptying the bio-waste and trash containers and replacing the bags. Making sure the equipment in the room was clean and ready for the next surgery.

In a workplace that prioritizes a clean, sterile environment, this job required organization and attention to detail. This job taught me how to be cognizant of how my work affects other employees.

My co-workers (nurses and doctors) were very friendly and were committed to making the patients feel comfortable, and to performing their duties with great care.

The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the many surgeries that could be finishing at a single time, and making sure the rooms were cleaned in a timely manner. The most enjoyable part of the job was being a part of a team of doctors and nurses, and being able to see surgery first hand.
Pros
Great staff.
Friendly environment
NUCLEAR MEDICINE TECHNOLOGIST (Current Employee) –  Kerrville TexasMay 2, 2015
I love my independence in taking care of my patient to provide the utmost care they deserve. Workload is reasonably busy but not to the point of getting overwhelmed. Management is receptive to our needs. My co-worker is great to work with and very helpful in every way. We accomplish our workload in a timely manner by providing exceptional care to each and every patient.
Pros
Interaction with other care providers
Cons
Part time position
Fun place to work
LVN Scrub Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kerrville, TXMarch 3, 2015
Very challenging fun work environment. The co-workers are so much fun to work with and there was never a dull moment. Nice new hospital, new equipment, and they have a DaVinci robot.
Productive and fun work place. Good team work.
Biller / Patient Financial Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kerrville, TXDecember 10, 2014
A typical day consisted of getting to our desks and calling Insurance Companies for statements not paid or statements declined.Call the doctor's office to get correct ICD codes or whatever it was to get the bill paid for the patient. Write up Appeal Letters to fight for pay-ment.Work off of a graph that had all the Insurance Companies used by the patient. Call patient's if the insurance information was incorrect and re-bill. Answer calls from patient's or nurses ,doctor's and follow up on the problem. Co-workers should of all been doing their own work and we were in a room with man made walls in between us. I learned how to communicate with people , even the angry one's.As for management she stayed in her office visiting with her friends for most of the day ,we could go in the office if we had questions. I loved my job and did not get up with the not wanting to go to work attitude.
Pros
I had no one standing over me and could ask questions if I had a problem
Cons
When ever we would go in the bisses office her friends, the women that worked there, were always in her office. They got paid for visiting all day .