PETRA INDUSTRIES Employee Reviews in United States

Account Manager
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmond, OKJune 24, 2016
Manager the day to day sales of 450 account assigned to my rep number. Acquisitions and customer service is a must. Great environment to work in and family oriented.
Pros
Great Compensation and family environment
Cons
Fluctuation in compensation
Great work environment
Returns Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Edmond, OKMarch 11, 2016
Management is great my co workers are great, I love going to work and doing a great job. Very team oriented and people friendly. I would recommend this job to others in a heartbeat. There is really nothing hard about the job at all.
A growing business with a great culture and work environment
Senior Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Edmond, OKMarch 10, 2016
I have worked at Petra for over 7 years and have enjoyed every minute. I fosters a very positive environment that promotes growth and achievement.
A good experience.
Warehouse Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Edmond, OKJanuary 29, 2016
A good experience working for Petra. They helped you get started learning how to work in a warehouse and learning the product ,handling , shipping and sales.
Pros
U learn alot.
Cons
A good experience
No comment
Supervisor, Renard Bell, PH (Current Employee) –  Edmond, OKAugust 29, 2015
After working at Petra for 1 plus years, I felt that management did not truly appreciate its employees. The work environment was not very good due to lack of heating and air conditioning
Multiple labor law violations, no leadership
Operations (Current Employee) –  Edmond, OKApril 28, 2015
There is a reason this company has such a terrible reputation. Steer clear. Eventually they will get sued by an employee not willing to take it. EEOC should love to get ahold of this place. Unaffordable benefits, ridiculous policies, constant wage and hour violations.
Find somewhere that actually lives by their core values and mission, instead of pretending. You don't deserve to have to work here.
Don't do it
RTO Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 7, 2015
I worked there for 6 years. They claim they are an open door company but once you talk to upper management about something that you think will help the company out they act like they listen but in reality you are on your way out. The best part of my job was working along my team the worst part is knowing that you never know where you stand with this company for instance I was told 2 months ago I would be making the move with the company the new facility but yesterday I was told they wouldnt need me.
Pros
Comp days my manager gave me without the VP knowing
Cons
long hours and don't treat there employees good
productive workplace with great people
Manifest Operator (Current Employee) –  Edmond, OKAugust 22, 2014
- The ideal shift is eight hours, which usually ends up as ten or eleven.

- The hardest part of the job is the holiday season, which is mid-November to mid-February. This year, it hasn't really slowed down.
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
long, variable hours, longer and more variable holiday hours, no air conditioning
Great workplace
Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Edmond, OKJune 4, 2014
The enviroment is great and the people are great

They really take care of the employees and care about our well being. I have seen them help so many people here
Great Opportunities for Advancement & Care factor
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Edmond, OklahomaMay 5, 2014
I have seen multiple people over the last few years get promotions. Hard work and patience does pay off if you want a place to grow.

There has been a positive cultural shift in the last year and I believe the company is moving in very positive direction.

I have repeatedly seen people (from all levels) rise up and rally around employees that are going through difficult times.
Pros
very casual enviroment.
Great Place to Work!!
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Edmond, OKApril 29, 2014
The environment is pretty casual and easy going. Employees are very friendly and are always willing to help one another. I also enjoy our management team; they seem to really care about the employees and want them to succeed in every way.
Pros
pay, hours, management, work life balance
Great work life balance
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Edmond, OKApril 25, 2014
It is a very casual work environment. I enjoy the easy-going atmosphere. The employees are all extremely friendly.
Pros
good hours, decent pay
Sellig sunglasses
Distribution Center SKU Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKApril 24, 2014
A day consist of cleaning sunglasses. arranging them in a visually appealing manner and helping customers find the right fit for them.
Pros
flexible hours, easy work, nice co-workers
Cons
work holidays and weekends
warehouse
Order Processor-Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKApril 5, 2014
hands down the worst place to work. if I had my way I would never have worked there.
Fun atmosphere, challenging, good vendor relations, but unfullfilling on compensation
Wireless Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Edmond OkMarch 11, 2014
I helped establish the new wireless department back in 2012 when vendors made new account requirement causing some shake ups in the industry. My daily routine included calling on scheduled customers that placed weekly orders, advising customers of items that were back in stock, and contacting existing customers to update them on new product lines that showed success in the market place. I also was responsible for contacting vendor leads and prospecting new businesses and bring them on to purchase with Petra.
Pros
free vendor lunches, free parking, free donuts on fridays, and customer relationships
Cons
management would find ways to pull compensation based off technicalities, or pull large accounts with large goals and still hold you accountable for those goals
Ok place to work
A/P Inventory Clerk (Current Employee) –  Edmond, OKFebruary 25, 2014
Massive turn over, poor management and not very friendly employees.
Horrible
Sales (Former Employee) –  EdmondAugust 13, 2013
Horrible place to work! Bad Bad Management who don't have a clue. Sales people who have been there for years are lazy but get rewarded. They hate new employees and won't help out a new person. Terrible place to work.
Cons
everything
Employee
NON DISTRIBUTION EMPLOYEE (Former Employee) –  Edmond OKMay 6, 2013
Turn over seems excessive, Yes there are very nice people there. The entrenched management run the business, if you not an agreeing person, your not kept long and ideas are not allowed to be shared unless its from management.
Pros
good people & nice people
Cons
management - different than most
No leadership
Sales  (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKApril 27, 2013
They lied to me during the interview. They said I would have 200 establish accounts that had an average of $8,000 in sales, that I would have no problem booking $32,000 per day. The day I started my manager said we changed some things.... I had 2 accounts that we averaging $300 every 3 days in sales. I was given a cold call list with over 1,000 numbers that had been recycled. They were disconnect, or tried of someone from Petra calling them. When you get a large account the management did everything they could to kill the deal, from making the new customer pay up front, to delaying delivery, giving the pre paid order to another customer that had been buying from them longer. They lied about
ow much commission you can earn, and about their sad health insurance, the longer you are there the less you any, its the new employees that pays 1/2 of your check for health care!!!
The most enjoyable day was the day I gave my 2 weeks notice.
Pros
Giving my 2 wees notice
Cons
High energy vibrant growing company
Accounting (Current Employee) –  Edmond, OKMarch 30, 2013
This company has honest and caring management. The work place is fairly relaxed and easy going. Expect to have plenty to do and always be busy.
Pros
great work atmosphere, honest and caring management
Cons
expensive benefits, wages at the lower end of the market.

2.9