PETRA INDUSTRIES Employee Reviews

bored office, hard weather conditions
Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Ar RiyāḍJuly 13, 2017
its a international company, but due to the weather in saudi arabia and as a maintenance engineer you have to stay out of the office, and the office it self is boring, management is rude and not capable to hear its employees,
Pros
Cons
no over time money. and many over time hours.
Guys - this place is terrible
E-Commerce Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKJuly 3, 2017
I'm going to start with the only positive I can think of.

I learned enough from this company to move on to other companies who pay me twice as much for doing the same work.

This company does not care about you. You are replaceable. You don't get paid what you are worth. I would never suggest anyone subject themselves to this toxic work environment unless they absolutely had no other choice.
Pros
Free donuts on Fridays
Cons
Managers are awful, except for Customer Service
Everyone works hard at Petra
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Edmond, OKJune 8, 2017
The hardest part of the job is not knowing the hours you will get per day. Management seems to only care about numbers and production but not there employees.
packing
Packer/Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKApril 19, 2017
packing the company was new and growing so the management wasn't up to par . work day was cool, management was new as well. hardest part of job was ovrtime
fun place
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKMarch 22, 2017
Hard work environment assembly work receiving products shipping to customers all over the world fast paced environment in a timely manner shipping out products Federal Express customers such as Walmart and Amazon Wayfair steady Pace environment
It's a job
Former Sales (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OkMarch 18, 2017
Fairly good company but upper management could use some changes; they value seniority of those who started when the company began over knowledge, education and experience of others who would be a better fit. Communication between departments needs improvement and if you are in sales, this is a problem for you to do your job well. Insurance costs are very high. Very high, demading expectations for the inside sales group make for a stressful environment that seems to make the workers dred coming to work. President is arrogant and not approachable, also manages from a birdseye view that is annoying. Very micromanaged staff.
Free donuts for everyone on Fridays and White Water discounts.
Pros
Free donuts on Friday
Cons
Micromanaging style
Petra Industries
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKFebruary 6, 2017
Great place to work for beginner sales experience, friendly co-workers and customer service reps. I thought it was overall a great place to work, just not enough of a salary for me
A very hard and physically demanding job, but justified by its pay.
Team Lead/ Allocations & Issues Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKNovember 4, 2016
If you do your job well and show up on time and are dependable, you will do well with the company. When the business is there you will be expected to work long hours, but you will be compensated for your time by OT.
Pros
Good pay, lots of oppritunity of overtime.
Cons
Hot warehouse with no A/C, physically demanding, excessive hours.
Decent place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  IllinoisSeptember 13, 2016
Good benefits
Employed for 14 years
Co-workers excellent
Upper management ok
Quality and Safety Manager has had major overturn
Upper management lacks in subordinate support.
member of the Distribution Center management team (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKJuly 19, 2016
Current executives have no level of care of the team members and mid management. The company has lost the level of honor and integrity since the originator stepped down and appointed new executive staff.
Account Manager
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmond, OKJune 24, 2016
Manager the day to day sales of 450 account assigned to my rep number. Acquisitions and customer service is a must. Great environment to work in and family oriented.
Pros
Great Compensation and family environment
Cons
Fluctuation in compensation
Great work environment
Returns Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Edmond, OKMarch 11, 2016
Management is great my co workers are great, I love going to work and doing a great job. Very team oriented and people friendly. I would recommend this job to others in a heartbeat. There is really nothing hard about the job at all.
A growing business with a great culture and work environment
Senior Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Edmond, OKMarch 10, 2016
I have worked at Petra for over 7 years and have enjoyed every minute. I fosters a very positive environment that promotes growth and achievement.
A good experience.
Warehouse Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Edmond, OKJanuary 29, 2016
A good experience working for Petra. They helped you get started learning how to work in a warehouse and learning the product ,handling , shipping and sales.
Pros
U learn alot.
Cons
A good experience
Multiple labor law violations, no leadership
Operations (Current Employee) –  Edmond, OKApril 28, 2015
There is a reason this company has such a terrible reputation. Steer clear. Eventually they will get sued by an employee not willing to take it. EEOC should love to get ahold of this place. Unaffordable benefits, ridiculous policies, constant wage and hour violations.
Find somewhere that actually lives by their core values and mission, instead of pretending. You don't deserve to have to work here.
Don't do it
RTO Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 7, 2015
I worked there for 6 years. They claim they are an open door company but once you talk to upper management about something that you think will help the company out they act like they listen but in reality you are on your way out. The best part of my job was working along my team the worst part is knowing that you never know where you stand with this company for instance I was told 2 months ago I would be making the move with the company the new facility but yesterday I was told they wouldnt need me.
Pros
Comp days my manager gave me without the VP knowing
Cons
long hours and don't treat there employees good
productive workplace with great people
Manifest Operator (Current Employee) –  Edmond, OKAugust 22, 2014
- The ideal shift is eight hours, which usually ends up as ten or eleven.

- The hardest part of the job is the holiday season, which is mid-November to mid-February. This year, it hasn't really slowed down.
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
long, variable hours, longer and more variable holiday hours, no air conditioning
Great workplace
Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Edmond, OKJune 4, 2014
The enviroment is great and the people are great

They really take care of the employees and care about our well being. I have seen them help so many people here
Great Opportunities for Advancement & Care factor
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Edmond, OklahomaMay 5, 2014
I have seen multiple people over the last few years get promotions. Hard work and patience does pay off if you want a place to grow.

There has been a positive cultural shift in the last year and I believe the company is moving in very positive direction.

I have repeatedly seen people (from all levels) rise up and rally around employees that are going through difficult times.
Pros
Very casual enviroment.
Great Place to Work!!
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Edmond, OKApril 29, 2014
The environment is pretty casual and easy going. Employees are very friendly and are always willing to help one another. I also enjoy our management team; they seem to really care about the employees and want them to succeed in every way.
Pros
Pay, Hours, Management, Work Life Balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PETRA INDUSTRIES. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9