PETRO OIL Employee Reviews in United States

great job with lots of work and incentives.
Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, NY 11797March 9, 2016
I found working at petro oil a good experience. Always alot of work to do and alot of incentives. The employees were very friendly and management was very helpful.
Pros
great work environment, helpful management, alot of incentives, and friendly coworkers.
benefits
Sales Manager
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Yaphank, NYNovember 29, 2015
Was 71 yrs old and by very old school ways of teaching sales def on of the worst guys I've ever worked for. He thought the way to get people motivated was to yell and scream at the sales staff. Without him I think this would be a good place to work at.
Not a good place to work
OIL SERVICE TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PANovember 24, 2015
Long long hours think we are robots.No appreciation. Every week their is always something, no lie.Been in the field almost 20 years is the worst place i have worked
Pros
NONE
Cons
EVERYTHING
credit rep at petro
Credit Representative (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYOctober 31, 2015
learned how to make inbound outbound calls through a automated calling system. use customer service skills to help the customers with there issues or concerns.
great bunch of people who banded together when needed
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, NJAugust 24, 2015
winter can be stressfull when your a oil company. the personnel at Petro was professional and helpfull. during winter months they became your second family because we spent so much time together.
Pros
people who worked there
Cons
occupational stress
Professional team work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Plainview, NYJune 17, 2015
A typical day at work for me is answering high call volume and taking care of 100 or more customer needs per day. I have learned how to excercise my time management skills while paying attention to details. I use my excellent listening skills to my advantage which leads me to handle our customers needs effectively. I exercise good judgement and interact with my co workers through various types of correspondence. The hardest part of my job is knowing how to relate to our customers complaint but the most enjoyable part of my job is going above and beyond to achieve the best resolution to their needs.
A day in the life of a Customer Service Rep
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Southampton, PAMarch 1, 2015
My day begins at Petro usually 7am. Incoming calls start immediately upon logging into the phone. I assist customers who have heater problems, (out of heat, out of oil)
I send service to get there units up and running. I work around our customers busy lives to ensure there needs are met.
I review there records, bills, take payments. Resolve and pricing issues or concerns they may have.
I do my very best to help them. I am there voice to our business.
My job is to assist the customer and make there experience with Petro Home Services a pleasant and rewarding experience.
Pros
i make a difference everyday in someones life.
Cons
the hours can be long and some call stressful. but in the end its all worth it.
good
Centralize Service Dispatch /Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Plainview, NYFebruary 12, 2015
Centralize Service Dispatch/ Customer Service
Working independently prioritizing service calls to resolve emergency issues with highly
valuable customers, handling inbound and outbound calls. I also helped in Service Dispatch
Training and Aid in providing daily Technician Productivity Reports
Na
Cashier Representative (Former Employee) –  La Puente, CAApril 29, 2015
Typical day at work was serving propane to customers and selling gas. Learned how to serve propane. Co worker kept busy. Hard part of job was stocking up fridge. Enjoyable part was seeing different customers everyday.
Great Place To work
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  South Plainfield, NJApril 15, 2015
This job was based on season, if the weather wasn't great work is slow.Throughout the winter the place is very busy. the environment is good, you have to be able to sale!
Pros
salary plus commision
Cons
seasonal work
Great work enviorment
CSR-Commercial Representative- Loyalty work group (Former Employee) –  Maspeth, NYApril 22, 2013
Petro Oil was a great experience for me, Starting from a wonderful boss to great supervisors which always makes working for a company a pleasant day. My work day was always a bit difficult because it had to deal with customers accounts and sometimes they were unable to pay for their heating bill and I had to make it possible to assist them. I enjoy helping people so I always made it possible to make my customers satisfied. I learned how to really listen to people and help them with situations which became the best part of my work day.
No Job Security
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJApril 10, 2013
A typical day at Petro is 8+ hours with no quitting time.
Teaching efforts not that good you get about 1 month to learn the you are on your own. Right or wrong.
management was good at one time , now not so great.
Co - workers are good , but at times not willing to help you out.
Hardest part of job is learning it without the verbal abuse.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when you do get a day off.
Pros
one luncheon a year
Cons
long hours and overworked
It s a productive and proactive environment as well as challenging.
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Yaphank, NYMarch 8, 2014
-Start at 6AM
-Dispatch phone orders to the drivers
-Great teamwork within the delivery department
-Great communication within managers and co-works
-Laid-back environment but professional
-The most enjoyable part of the job is planning the routes for the next day
Pros
theres a lot of overtime in the winter season.
Cons
growing opportunities are limited.
Lots of Overtime and good people to work with
Lead Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Plainview, NYFebruary 18, 2015
Good people here. Everyone is helpful and friends except for the boos of the call center. She is rude, obnoxious and petty.
Pros
great pay
Cons
will cut hours during the summer
Great employees and friendly environment.
Customer service/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 22, 2012
My typical day at work consists of restocking the entire store, starting at the front working my way in to the back room and cooler. I have learned how to keep track and order the food products that go on the grill and other freezer items also how to add up all the cigarettes and safe to make sure the numbers add up to our totals. The managers there are really understanding, if you need something they always help you get it. The same goes for my co-workers they always have your back, if they know your shift might have more work they try to balance it out for you. I would have to say that the hardest part about my job is the fact that I work 3rd shift and being up all night can be tough sometimes. I just love the environment and being able to help people and meeting new people, it makes the job one of the best I've had so far.
Pros
fast paced work, stays busy.
Cons
no breaks
long hours and no appreciation
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Plainview, NYOctober 21, 2012
This job pays low and you will be expected to work long hours at the drop of the dime. when it is not not busy the you will be asked to leave. There is no appreication and no advance. The moral is very low.
Cons
shortened lunch time, long hours at the drop of the line and no advancement
Fun Productive workplace that feels like a family
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  South Plainfield, NJAugust 22, 2012
I loved working for Petro, Management really cared about the employees and worked hard to listen to employees thoughts and recommendations.
Pros
the company offered free coffee and tea to all employees and visitors.
Productioive workplace with Great Management and Workers
Customer Service/ Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Maspeth, NYNovember 8, 2012
A typical day at work would be me sitting at my desk taking calls from customers with acct questions or problems requiring immediate action. I learned great customer service skills as well as how to be a great team player. The managemnt was amazing , were professional but also caring and understanding. It was like a family. My co workers were amazing very helpful , and great friendships emerged. The hardest part of the job was handling a high volumes of calls when weather was bad and systems shut down. It was difficult because we could not give our customers our full help. The most enjoyable part was when we had company parties, or when we celebrated together someones birthday or life event such as a baby shower.
Pros
great employee lounge area with coffee, tea stations. microwave . fridge, and leather sofa with tables and cofee tables and flat screen with cable.
Cons
sometimes lunch was cut down when it was busy
Small and Intimate Office Environment
Boiler Inspection Dept./Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 28, 2014
My typical day at work is collecting and checking boiler inspection cards for inspector, then sending them to management. Billing the service calls within my division. Typing up proposals and sending them out to clients. Scheduling boiler inspection appointments and service calls when customers request. Calling clients and asking them questions to collect service tech performance ratings. My coworkers are very efficient, harding working, friendly, and fun. The hardest part of the day is filling in the holes, it could get quite slow and boring especially in the summer months. The most enjoyable part of my day is doing the billing, I enjoy working with finances and it never gets boring. I have learned about boilers (codes, requirements, names, sizes, etc.), maintenance on boilers and oil tanks, and names/prices of parts the service techs work with.
Pros
two 15 mins breaks paid and my work hours 8a-5p
Cons
one hour break unpaid, no television or leisure area
working for Petro had a Family atmosphere
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Yaphank, NYOctober 7, 2012
A typical day at Petro started with getting all messages from our call back phone,and phones ringing calling Drivers with over night orders and cancellations.Petro taught me multi tasking in a big way. I have no doubt i worked with the most professional group of people in this field. During the spring and summer when things were slow we went on outings together sponsered by Petro.But came the winter no one complained about the six days a week and sometimes seven we just did what we needed to do and our managers trusted us to do our jobs.The hardest part of my job was getting all the Data posted while answering and helping customers,but at the end of the day all my work was done.The most enjoyable part of my job was dealing with people and i actually enjoy Data Entry.I worked for Petro for 30 yrs and the only reason i left was i moved out of State
Pros
free lunches, trips to fox woods, nyc, company barbques
Cons
working six or seven days left no time for anthing else