PETRO OIL Employee Reviews

fun place to work
Rig Hand (Former Employee) –  Newton, ILJanuary 19, 2017
pretty easy going and it is outside work and I love being outside and got my cdl with them and everyone helped me I worked on a double drum rig and loved ir
benefits
Cons
so far away
Overall look at Pennywise
Cashier/Stocker (Current Employee) –  1601 Jane Street, New Iberia, LAOctober 20, 2016
Working at this gas station has definitely been a grateful experience. It has been my first job and a really good learning opportunity as well. Their are rules here some stricter than others. I am expected to do my best here and not mess up. I learned how to work hard and to take responsibility of my actions. I also learned how to raise sales up and bring customers in. I've grown a friendship with my manager as well learned a lot from her work ethic. I have a positive relationship with all of my coworkers as well and we work together as a team. The hardest part of my job is knowing that any day that I work there I could lose it all due to the economy and the oilfield but I stay positive and stay happy. The most enjoyable part of my job is at the end of my shift when I see how much sales I have made.
Pros
Free foutain drinks with my own cup
Cons
Breaks between customers, No free food
Intern
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 11, 2016
I had interned for this company my senior year of college. I had prepared many presentations about marketing strategies that the company can use to better their company and to update their style on reaching future consumers in a fast and efficient matter without forgetting about existing and loyal customers.
Pros
Online Internship
Overall great workplace experience.
Customer Service, Collection Dept (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 24, 2016
Working for this company overall is an enjoyable experience. Many of the employees here are very nice and there is a very friendly work culture here. Management does tend to have poor communication with the employees which does lead to confusion and frustration
Pros
Great workplace culture.
Cons
Expensive healthcare, lack of communication with management.
great job with lots of work and incentives.
Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, NY 11797March 9, 2016
I found working at petro oil a good experience. Always alot of work to do and alot of incentives. The employees were very friendly and management was very helpful.
Pros
great work environment, helpful management, alot of incentives, and friendly coworkers.
benefits
The company do have some challenges,during winter months the long and extensive hours can get roughbut because you have the opportunity to make money.
Service Tech (Current Employee) –  Essex, MDMarch 6, 2016
I look forward to going to work every day, there is always a new and different challenge. I realize that no matter how much you think you know, there is always should be room for learning more. My place of employment is very productive workplace with lots off training, lots off overtime during winter months and a very comfortable environment. Once you start working for the company you have to go through a training process for about one month, after one month when you have completed the training , you get a company vehicle then you are on your own. I think this is a great process especially for inexperience techs. And management is responsible for this process, I think this process makes great managers,, because they pave a way and uses a turnkey system for all employees to follow. The hardest part of the job is driving 100 miles during rush hour, chances are you may not get to the clients home or business on time. Once you get to the job and meet your client with a pleasant greeting, find out what issues they are having. Once the problem is solved, everything is up and running and I see a smile on my clients faces, that is the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
Great company, great benifits, good supervisors. good management.
Cons
The payscale can go up more then it is going butyou can make up any differences in overtime
Sales Manager
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Yaphank, NYNovember 29, 2015
Was 71 yrs old and by very old school ways of teaching sales def on of the worst guys I've ever worked for. He thought the way to get people motivated was to yell and scream at the sales staff. Without him I think this would be a good place to work at.
Not a good place to work
OIL SERVICE TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PANovember 24, 2015
Long long hours think we are robots.No appreciation. Every week their is always something, no lie.Been in the field almost 20 years is the worst place i have worked
credit rep at petro
Credit Representative (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYOctober 31, 2015
learned how to make inbound outbound calls through a automated calling system. use customer service skills to help the customers with there issues or concerns.
great bunch of people who banded together when needed
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, NJAugust 24, 2015
winter can be stressfull when your a oil company. the personnel at Petro was professional and helpfull. during winter months they became your second family because we spent so much time together.
Pros
people who worked there
Cons
occupational stress
Professional team work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Plainview, NYJune 17, 2015
A typical day at work for me is answering high call volume and taking care of 100 or more customer needs per day. I have learned how to excercise my time management skills while paying attention to details. I use my excellent listening skills to my advantage which leads me to handle our customers needs effectively. I exercise good judgement and interact with my co workers through various types of correspondence. The hardest part of my job is knowing how to relate to our customers complaint but the most enjoyable part of my job is going above and beyond to achieve the best resolution to their needs.
Na
Cashier Representative (Former Employee) –  La Puente, CAApril 29, 2015
Typical day at work was serving propane to customers and selling gas. Learned how to serve propane. Co worker kept busy. Hard part of job was stocking up fridge. Enjoyable part was seeing different customers everyday.
Great Place To work
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  South Plainfield, NJApril 15, 2015
This job was based on season, if the weather wasn't great work is slow.Throughout the winter the place is very busy. the environment is good, you have to be able to sale!
Pros
salary plus commision
Cons
seasonal work
A day in the life of a Customer Service Rep
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Southampton, PAMarch 1, 2015
My day begins at Petro usually 7am. Incoming calls start immediately upon logging into the phone. I assist customers who have heater problems, (out of heat, out of oil)
I send service to get there units up and running. I work around our customers busy lives to ensure there needs are met.
I review there records, bills, take payments. Resolve and pricing issues or concerns they may have.
I do my very best to help them. I am there voice to our business.
My job is to assist the customer and make there experience with Petro Home Services a pleasant and rewarding experience.
Pros
i make a difference everyday in someones life.
Cons
The hours can be long and some call stressful. But in the end its all worth it.
Lots of Overtime and good people to work with
Lead Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Plainview, NYFebruary 18, 2015
Good people here. Everyone is helpful and friends except for the boos of the call center. She is rude, obnoxious and petty.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Will cut hours during the summer
good
Centralize Service Dispatch /Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Plainview, NYFebruary 12, 2015
Centralize Service Dispatch/ Customer Service
Working independently prioritizing service calls to resolve emergency issues with highly
valuable customers, handling inbound and outbound calls. I also helped in Service Dispatch
Training and Aid in providing daily Technician Productivity Reports
Small and Intimate Office Environment
Boiler Inspection Dept./Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 28, 2014
My typical day at work is collecting and checking boiler inspection cards for inspector, then sending them to management. Billing the service calls within my division. Typing up proposals and sending them out to clients. Scheduling boiler inspection appointments and service calls when customers request. Calling clients and asking them questions to collect service tech performance ratings. My coworkers are very efficient, harding working, friendly, and fun. The hardest part of the day is filling in the holes, it could get quite slow and boring especially in the summer months. The most enjoyable part of my day is doing the billing, I enjoy working with finances and it never gets boring. I have learned about boilers (codes, requirements, names, sizes, etc.), maintenance on boilers and oil tanks, and names/prices of parts the service techs work with.
Pros
Two 15 mins breaks paid and my work hours 8a-5p
Cons
One hour break unpaid, no television or leisure area
Lots of Overtime
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Plainview, NYApril 22, 2014
This job is great for overtime. There is room to truly work hard. Only thing is there is no loyalty and they don't care about there employees.
It s a productive and proactive environment as well as challenging.
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Yaphank, NYMarch 8, 2014
-Start at 6AM
-Dispatch phone orders to the drivers
-Great teamwork within the delivery department
-Great communication within managers and co-works
-Laid-back environment but professional
-The most enjoyable part of the job is planning the routes for the next day
Pros
Theres a lot of overtime in the winter season.
Cons
Growing opportunities are limited.
Good company to work for.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  South Plainfield, NJJanuary 9, 2014
Good company to work for. I like the atmosphere, good people and they definitely care about their customers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PETRO OIL. Our community is ready to answer.