Petro Employee Reviews

Awful place to work
Cashier/Customer Service/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Gaston, INFebruary 29, 2016
This place is awful. Bad management and lazy employees, which makes for very unhappy customers! It was like working in a real live nightmare. Bullying and theft of merchandise by employees went on quite often, even after it was reported to the manager, nothing was done. The store was just awful and disgusting. The pay was not good either. Not a place I would ever work at again.
great company
TSA (Former Employee) –  Carnesville, GAAugust 23, 2016
great company to work for. they have a system to allow you to move up in. you have the chance to relocate. you have several training courses and opportunities.
Pros
opportunities to move up in a country wide company. good insurance and plenty of perks.
Cons
this is a 24 hour business.
Family Owned Store Now
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Madrid, ALAugust 22, 2016
Great convenience store but closes around 8:30 p.m. throughout the week. The store is in Madrid in the middle of nowhere basically off 231, so the security and culture is bad to be out the alone. Great products. Great Owner
Pros
games, lotto
Cons
middle of 231 and florida
Ta should stand for "terrorist azzholes"
Tech 1 (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, ILMarch 5, 2016
THIS COMPANY DOES NOT PROVIDE REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR DISABLED VETERANS ATTEMPTING TO RETURN TO THE WORKFORCE.
They will make up a different reason to fire you instead of being supportive and helping you adjust. In my casr they werent even man enough to tell me to my face. They just locked me out of the computer and wouldn't answer or return my calls.If you have any respect for our country or for the men and women risking their lives for our freedom, DO NOT SPEND YOUR MONEY HERE. Unless of course you are a member of the AL Quaeda or ISIS, then go ahead by all means.
Great environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Madrid, ALAugust 9, 2016
Clean store, great management
I learned how to operate a touch screen cash register and how to communicate with my customers better
Pros
game room
Cons
231 south
Busy busy busy
Deli Shift lead (Current Employee) –  York, NEMarch 10, 2016
for a truck stop its always busy but not very organized, co-workers are not usually very helpful and your kinda just on your own, i have learned to be very dependent on myself and keep myself moving, the hardest part would have to be being nice to customers when they can be angry and rude but i love that i can stay busy and not alot of down time and my co workers and be a joy to be around
Cons
part time, work alone, no request days off
great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  NY City, NYApril 20, 2016
Petro becomes family. They're very flexible and work with you on improving your skills to further you career. Working here I have made a lot of friends and learned new things everyday. I would recommend anyone to work for Petro as long as your are patient and are willing to be a people person.
Cons
no growth
work in the hot sun
Porter (Former Employee) –  Deming, NMJuly 18, 2016
working in the hot sun, its fun always busy, for 8 hours the day id ok, but you get to be outside working, the time goes by very quickly
If you're comfortable with a lack of upward mobility...
Do not wish to disclose (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 25, 2014
Coworkers are fantastic, but there is a lot of tension since so many are unhappy about salaries and benefits. The overall day-to-day environment is fairly relaxed, although most members of management are extremely conservative. A lot of work for very little money. Hardest part of the job is working extremely hard and not feeling noticed or appreciated. The most enjoyable part of the job is being challenged, to an extent. Great environment for males looking to advance. Women do not hold high positions with this company and most likely never will. Several long-term employees who stay simply because they do not feel like starting over.
Pros
catered lunches once a week, business casual dress.
Cons
horrible healthcare, low salaries, very little opportunity for advancement.
To obtain a challenging position in a reputed organization,
technician ,electrician (Current Employee) –  mauritius islandFebruary 22, 2016
for me having a company car drive all around the island to solves problem learn how to solve a typical problem in short time , learn about our security not to make our life in danger for me the most enjoyable part of my job is when i learn new thing and also when doing calibration of fuel pump
Pros
work freely
very unprofessional
Rail Cart Technician (Former Employee) –  La Porte, TXMay 4, 2016
no benefits, 18 hours a day when there is work maybe you can get 32 hours a week even after you are told you will be guaranteed 40 hours
Pros
work truck
Cons
everything else
Cashier and Retail Inventory
Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  Bordentown, NJOctober 3, 2012
At Petro, I worked as a cashier. A typical days would consist of helping customers out around the store and stocking inventory. I learned how to handle money with a cash register. I also learned how to stock inventory and display promo items, as well as glass displays. The management was ok. The manager tended to take advantage of situations and have me clean his office. My co-workers helped out with as much as they could, but we were all usually pretty busy. The hardest part of my job would be the long hours when we were not that busy, and the most enjoyable part would be the hour break we received.
Pros
long breaks
Cons
horrible pay, no advancement
Great
AGM (Current Employee) –  Weatherford, TXMay 6, 2016
TA truck service is both fast paced and stop and go. The people that work there have built great working relationships with each other.
quite and good place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJanuary 9, 2016
this is a great job to somebody that love to handle money and customer service, days are quite and only on weekends it is a little busy. This job taught me how to be organize, responsible and patient with customers. Managers and co-workers were good and nice people. the harder part of the job is when I had to leave at 2:00 am on weekday and wake up early the next day to go to school. I like this job.
Pros
good co-workers, great location
Cons
bad lunch conditions
People Friendly Enviorment
Crew member (Former Employee) –  ShorterAugust 31, 2015
Petro is a job that allowed me to have a customer relationship like no other restaurant I worked in before. I was able to feel my positive attitude and effort towards the customer having a direct benefit to the customer and I loved every minute of it. The co-workers and management knew what their roles were and everyone got along and business was always handled professionally. The job is easy if you are people person and willing to make sure the customer is satisfied.
Pros
discounted food
Cons
chose of food for lunch break
work was interesting
cashier (Current Employee) –  gary indianaJuly 15, 2015
work was always unpredictable it could be slow one min then get busy out of nowhere but for the most part things stayed the same you would still have to treat each day like a normal day like always keep area clean make sure everything is always stocked always sweep and mop at the end of the shift greet guest on a regular basis things like that. management have its pros and cons like any other job to me my coworkers was always mice to me and i was t them as well we all got along and worked together and helped each other out the hardest part was dealing with rude guests from time to time and the most enjoyable part was connecting with the guest and getting to know alot of them because most was regulars and putting a smile on they face.
Pros
free meals work together as a team and always had someone to talk to about any issues
Cons
not enough hours it varied from part time and full time hours
Organized and reliable teamwork
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 28, 2016
I have twenty years customer service and it was a pleasure to work here with talented customer service reps . The company has a firm reputation for excellent service to our community .
Petro is a full service truck stop. The Cadillac of truck stops actually. This was a very unique place to work.
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Reddick, FLJune 7, 2013
While working for Petro I was a Manager in the "Iron Skillet" Restaurant. Every day was a little different there. Some days I would spend doing administrative work. (Scheduling, Ordering, Inventory) One day every week was spent cutting meat, prepping for the next shift, etc. Of course every day there were many guests to take care of. Petro was one of my favorite jobs. While I worked in that environment I learned how to cut meat, run a buffet, and I kept my line cook skills pretty sharp. The Company was owned by Petro Oil out of El Paso, TX. I was flown there and taught their Management style. I have never been treated better by an employer. The only down side to this job was being located in Reddick, FL., a very small town. And of course we were open 24/7. So there weren't many holidays off.
Pros
the pay was very competitive. meals were free for managers.
Cons
my only real dislike with petro was having to live in a small town.
Productive and learning and growth opportunities
Server/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Carlisle PANovember 13, 2013
A typical day at work is going in doing my job while enjoying it. I love talking to my customers and learning about them as well as moving forward in my career, i love to learns and try and advance myself as much as i possibly can. My management team is really great at helping me succeed in my goals and coaching me. The hardest part of my job is that i cannot pleas everyone that walks through the doors and the most enjoyable part of my job is talking and learning about my customers.
Really a great place to work,all employees where great to work with
SERVICE TECHNICHAN/INSTALLER/OIL TRUCK DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Plainview, NYJuly 20, 2012
Great place to work , I like dealing with the public and solving their problems. The company treated me well they have a lot of good people that work for them in all there departments.
Pros
did a lot of training on new products, benifits where pretty good
Cons
some favoritism went on between management and some employees