Petro Employee Reviews

worst job ever
Lot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVAugust 10, 2017
job was the worst place I have ever worked it was disgusting to do this job because u had to pick up human fecies and urian with out good pertective gear
Pros
breaks
Cons
poor work eviorment
Bullshi
Lube and Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Mebane, NCJuly 21, 2017
Came in as a lube tech from school. Learned the system they had in place and was ready for advancement by my six month. Posting came up on job board but was told the position was specifically for another lube tech. I left two weeks later after finding another position with better pay. The same position I tried getting at petro.
very negitive workplace, people were very selfish
mechanic, I (Former Employee) –  Laramie, WYJuly 21, 2017
Petro was an alright first job in my opinion, but defiantly not something to make a career out of. i would like to further my knowledge more than what they offered.
Pros
big shop
Cons
no breaks
It was a good first job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Reddick, FLJuly 18, 2017
I liked it at first. It was a little over welming but it got easier. But as I kept on working I learned that. Even over little things we could get fired.
Pros
Job experience
Not a lovely workplace
Deli cashier (Former Employee) –  West Memphis, ARJuly 16, 2017
I didn't like the truck driver environment. Or the way the managers did their jobs and acted. All the cooking utensils were old and worn out. Dirty environment no matter how much I cleaned.
Productive Workplace
Wendy's Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lebec, CAJuly 16, 2017
At typical day at work provides me with laugh as well as frustrations. My manager is very structured and is more than willing to work with my schedule. She is understanding about days off and does everything she can to accommodate our needs. The hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is having positive interactions with customers.
Okay highschool job
Cashier/Fuel attendent (Former Employee) –  Kingsland, GAJuly 5, 2017
This place is an okay high school, make ends meet sort of job (they have many employs in and out and most don't last more than a couple months) Its a great family environment once you are there for awhile
Petro was a great place to work except another company took over and they let many employees go the were Petro employees because they had to cut cost.
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARMay 30, 2017
I loved working for Petro except another company took over and then the changes got worse to not only the employees but the customers. They laid off several employees.
Pros
discounts on lunches
Cons
company took cuts in cost and laid off Petro employees and brought their own employees in.
was good for free meals on holidays bit had to work all holidays when i didn't in the past
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAMay 20, 2017
they put me on grave yard and i have kids in school and that did not work for me. i also had to work every holiday and my disabled son was not happy about that and made life harder than it needs to be.
Pros
free food on holidays otherwise i think it was 20 percent off.
good job
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTMarch 29, 2017
was a good place to work till they changed the old management and replaced it with ppl who did not understand we were driving haz mat tankers.
the real downfall was when they merged 2 stations and most of the drivers from 1 station were fired one after an other for reasons i still dont understand.
Pros
seasonal, great money when it is cold enough or the weather is bad
Cons
weather decides how much you make
terrible
dispatcher/delivery (Former Employee) –  Yaphank, NYMarch 13, 2017
The job I got was not the job description I was hired for. The morale is awful there, I am a hard worker but what they expected no matter what you did it was never enough or never good enough. a lot of turn over and for good reason.
Pros
meals given when had to work longer
Cons
ridiculous expectations, bad morale, high turnover rate, mediocre pay
Productive job requiring hard work
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Bordentown, NJMarch 12, 2017
A typical day maintenance duties including cleaning bathrooms, stocking supplies for the customers and garbage removal. I learned how to work respect customers despite their negative remarks. The amount of tips received were worthwhile any unpleasant experiences.
Fun easy job
Oil Change Technician (Former Employee) –  West mempishis arFebruary 21, 2017
If you like coming home dirty and oil and love doing what the job requirements are you will like working at this job it is a stricked job but they make if fun but the safe way that job is a dangerous job so you need to do all the requirements
Pros
No free lunches
Cons
Nice benfits
good job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  York, NEFebruary 8, 2017
liked working here. good people and loved the customers. i got good training and was treated fairly. i loved coming to work everyday and the food was excellent.
It was a relax place to work but I did not get along with some of the people that I worked with their because they were not being team players.
porter (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJanuary 24, 2017
There were people there that I worked with and people that were suppose to train me. I didn't get along with them because they were not being team players when it came to getting the job done. But the management there was awesome they all went out of their way to make sure that we were ok. But there I was to clean up after the truckers and make sure that everything was stocked for the new arrivals.
Flexible Hours, great employees
Security (Former Employee) –  Bordentown, NJJanuary 4, 2017
Petro is a fast paces environment with professional employees that made the job a great place to be. I was security there and my typical day there was very easy and a lot of fun.
petro
Direct Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Maspeth, NYDecember 14, 2016
Great company. I have been here only a few month. I like the people i work with. I like the way the company goes about doing business honestly. Truely a great company.
Friendly co-workers
Porter/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Kingman, AZDecember 9, 2016
Well structured company, with effective management made this an enjoyable place to work. I would recommend this job to most people.
discounts on gas, food, free drinks, freindly coworkers, good pay
CASHIER, DELI, PORTER (Former Employee) –  Deming, NMNovember 29, 2016
while working for petro I got a discount on gas food and basically any item in the store besides Tabaco products as well as half off meals at the restaurant I had a fair manager who was very nice and polite my coworkers were very nice and I enjoyed working there it may not be for everyone because the customers were rude but if you can get past that its a good place to work
Pros
discounts, free coffe and soda, starbucks dsscount, healthcare for full time or employees working for 1+ years
Cons
rude customers, the messes customers leave behind
Fast pace work environment, with energetic staff.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 18, 2016
From the time I clock in to the time I leave my day is filled with energetic staff members, competitive sales quotas. Our site is #1 in the company when it comes to exceeding our goals.
Pros
Flexible hours, good benifits
Cons
Inventory control problems, no climate control