Petro

Petro Employer Reviews

Complex and challenging
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Abbeville, AlabamaDecember 26, 2013
A typical day of work at Petro was very busy, We had a high volume of customers. I learned a great deal while working at Petro: I learned how to multitask, deal with customer in effective manner, organizational skills, computer skills, marketing, upsale, payroll, handled large sums of money, teamwork. I learned how to successful manage our team and – more... deal with emergency situations. The hardest part of my job was filling in for employees that did not show up and doing my job also. I found that in certain situations where I was challenged with a variety of task and was able to handle the stress without exploding exhilarating. – less
WORK
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 24, 2013
ASSISTING OTHERS AS USUAL.ASSURING THEIR STAY WITH US WAS PLEASANT.
Productive and learning and growth opportunities
Server/Cashier (Current Employee), Carlisle PANovember 13, 2013
A typical day at work is going in doing my job while enjoying it. I love talking to my customers and learning about them as well as moving forward in my career, i love to learns and try and advance myself as much as i possibly can. My management team is really great at helping me succeed in my goals and coaching me. The hardest part of my job is that – more... i cannot pleas everyone that walks through the doors and the most enjoyable part of my job is talking and learning about my customers. – less
it,s a fast paced job that requires multitasking.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Kingman AZNovember 1, 2013
Pros: variety of jobs to perform
Cons: treatment of employees by management
A typical day included customer service, cash handling, receiving, ordering, inventory, and stocking. I believe that management was unfair to those who went above and beyond their duties. My co-workers were never an issue that seemed to interfere with job responsibilities.The hardest part of the job for me was the unfair management. The most enjoyable – more... part were the rewards associated with the satisfaction of the customers. – less
was a alright place not really family friendly
Manger, got promoted to Manger (Former Employee), unv s drOctober 10, 2013
Cons: everything
i did not like the job personly there was to much of she said he said no commtion what so ever. all about them slefs
great customers
Fuel Attendant (Current Employee), North Little Rock, ARAugust 21, 2013
I loved the truckers and their vibe. always had a new story to tell every visite. the managers and employee selection lacked trust and good customer services. but after all I loved my job because the customer loved how they felt leaving with my greating and appreciation.
A Decent Place as a TSA Night Shift
Technical Service Adviser III (Former Employee), Laramie, WYAugust 5, 2013
Pros: helping customers, great team, busy/fast paced, employee discount 20%, health benefits, 401k
Cons: very low pay, management
You clock in via the computers as close to 11:30 PM as possible, and then get busy with counts. Oil readings at another building, tire (New/Used/Recap), oil, air bags, shocks, big parts (Water Pump/Alternators). Once you have all the counts done, you compare with the computer print out and transcribe actual with the previous shift. Count and verify – more... the drawer, the old TSA confirms the drop and then you fill out the logs for drops and cash drawer change over. Then you get an overview of what is happening at each of the bays, where each truck is at, parts ordered, need ordered, status, whether beginning, WIP, or completion.

Shift change happens within 30 minutes of you clocking in by the time the counts are done, and information relayed the previous shift is getting off. You have a quick Q-Force huddle, going over management goals (It is one minute long to hammer out some quick ideas.)

Customers stream through and you handle each of them one at a time, you have one to three techs to supervise, and get lined out one existing jobs, new jobs. Customer that come in, wanting quotes, estimates via phone, road calls via phone, work via phone or in person all happens at once but all you can do is help one person at a time. You pull products for the techs to keep a track of merchandise used, get it noted for the paperwork,

Lunch rolls around, you clock off but have to eat it at the counter since there is no one there to relieve you. You work but don't get paid hopefully you remember to clock back in. The quiet hour comes in and you clean the bathrooms, wipe down the visible, dusting, front products, mop the floors and scrub them on your hands and knees once every month. You finish up with vacuuming the small rugs, and then get to end of day paperwork and getting it processed.

By the time your done, you've helped a few customers, maybe even worked on a few trucks (Fuel filter changes, Mud flaps, quick easy jobs), cleaned the front of the truck service area, washed bays, handled the counter, answered the phones, got the trucks detailed, reviewed tech comments, insured proper customer care, and paid out the work order, you've been busy. And customers have been coming in constantly, maybe even a few road calls.

Managers start rolling in around 7:40ish to 8:00ish, wanting a recount, you give the quick highlights. A new TSA comes in at 8 and starts doing their counts.

You get off at 8:30 am, and the cycle repeats, fun busy job. – less
my wrods
RUNNER (Former Employee), beaumont txJuly 18, 2013
frist job i ever had it was hard but i got use of it its a trucking company its out there
enjoyed this job
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee), Laramie, WYJuly 15, 2013
Pros: something different daily
Cons: 1 particular manager
meet new people daily repair their trucks keep america rolling
A new ownership injects resources to expand market presence.
Sales Manager Volumetric-Petro-chemical (Former Employee), Dallas Fort Worth baseJuly 8, 2013
Pros: always interesting and challenging assignments.
Cons: not many
Hydro systems company is a Dover Corporation affiliate that is the leader in the manufacture of controlled fluid dispensing systems to the sanitary maintenance, laundry, animal health, agriculture and industrial manufacturing market segments. Hydro Systems acquired the assets of Dosmatic Engineering in 2010 and moved operations to Cincinnati. My position – more... in the industrial channels remained in Dallas Fort Worth area, and focused on business development in under served and new markets through distribution,B2B, and OEMs.

Good people to work with upgraded fleld support levels from engineering and marketing. I learned that "no good deed goes unpunished" as Dover mandates a "reduction in force" in 2012 throughout its' 26 company portfolio that impacted my position.

My interaction in the energy and fire/safety markets was the most enjoyable and a great learning experience.

Worked from home office and traveled North America to expand sales and service volume customers. – less
Friendly customer filled environment
Maintenance/Fuel Island Attendant (Former Employee), Burlington, NJJune 20, 2013
Pros: free soft drinks, employee discounts, great work environment
Cons: not enough help in various positions
Petro offered the porter position where involded cleaning and displosal of waste. The management was strong and fair. The job included a lot of interaction with the customers because is was a a travel store and a resturant all in one. Each area was to be cleaned and checked periodically throughout the day due to high valume of customers.
ok place to work
tire chan (Former Employee), atlanta, gaJune 12, 2013
changed tires on 18'wheelers and oil as they traveled through
Petro is a full service truck stop. The Cadillac of truck stops actually. This was a very unique place to work.
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee), Reddick, FLJune 7, 2013
Pros: the pay was very competitive. meals were free for managers.
Cons: my only real dislike with petro was having to live in a small town.
While working for Petro I was a Manager in the "Iron Skillet" Restaurant. Every day was a little different there. Some days I would spend doing administrative work. (Scheduling, Ordering, Inventory) One day every week was spent cutting meat, prepping for the next shift, etc. Of course every day there were many guests to take care of. Petro was one of – more... my favorite jobs. While I worked in that environment I learned how to cut meat, run a buffet, and I kept my line cook skills pretty sharp. The Company was owned by Petro Oil out of El Paso, TX. I was flown there and taught their Management style. I have never been treated better by an employer. The only down side to this job was being located in Reddick, FL., a very small town. And of course we were open 24/7. So there weren't many holidays off. – less
great company
Sales associate (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 29, 2013
Pros: great people
Cons: na
Love it but, Im in search of something more. Im looking for a shedule thats better for my family.
Fun and fast paced work enivorment
Server/ customer service (Former Employee), Remington, INApril 22, 2013
Petro was a great company to work for. I loved to serve the travelers and hear about their journeys!
meet different people everday
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee), Sturtevant, WIApril 21, 2013
fun
where a lot of truckers come from and what its like to drive
co workers were good people funny
meeting new people
A Typical day at petro
Lube Technician (Former Employee), Bordentown, NJApril 16, 2013
A typical day at petro consist of patients. I work on big disel trucks. I perform oil changes and i change tires. The management was ok. they needed help throughout the day. my co-workers were A great group of people the helped me out when i needed it. The hardest part of my job is the truck and their drivers. the best part is the free food.
Friendly work enviornment
Cashier (Former Employee), McCalla, ALDecember 18, 2012
Pros: 10% off meals
Cons: n/a
A typical work day consisted of greeting customers and ringing up their items for purchase. I learnt a lot about 18 wheelers and fueling. I very much enjoyed my peers in managment and loved working with my co-workers. There was nothing hard or complicated about my job there. I really enjoyed the entire work experience.
ok
Assistant mmanager (Former Employee), Jackson, MSDecember 6, 2012
delt with truck drivers all the time even when they came in mad about everything
Productive enviroment
Lube and Tire Technician (Former Employee), Mebane, NCNovember 8, 2012
The hardest thing about the job was to keep your uniform clean.

1 2 3