Petro United States Employee Reviews

Fuel Attendant (Former Employee), Sparks NVMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Made a good amount of money
Cons: Distance for the amount of money making.
Fuel operations, Operations of the truck scales and their pumps. Customer service and operations of the register. Cleaning when nothing else to do.
Horrible don't apply
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Hillsboro, TXMarch 19, 2015
The work hours are low. The pay isn't worth the hassle. The management is not understanding about anything and they let the "Power" go to their heads.
a good job
CUSTOMER SERVICE & FACILITY MAINTENANCE (Former Employee), Oak Grove, MOMarch 11, 2015
I liked this job the best because I got to meet different people and I loved the enviroment that I worked in and I mopped floors and cleaned showers.
Cashier (Current Employee), Mebane, NCMarch 6, 2015
Pros: you receive gas discounts if you pay cash and get discounts off of merchandise as well
Cons: part time
This is a friendly atmosphere and a great place to work. They make sure to properly train their employees as well. The managers are great to work for as long as you are there to do your job.
Poor Management
Inside sales rep (Former Employee), South Plainfield NJFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
Very poor management, poor training. I was in sales..the training last for about 3-4 weeks even though they tell you its only 2 weeks. You get $10 an hour on a 6 hour day with an unpaid lunch. During the training you learn the software programs, there is so much to learn and they dont cover nearly all of it. The management team is great during training. You will come to like them alot but once your out on the sales floor its like 2 different people. The gloves come off, their not nice anymore and they pin you against your co-workers for sales. Makes the whole environment very uncomfortable. When its busy and the phones are blowing up they push you to speed up the call and enter the information in the computer later so you can take the next call which leaves a large margin for errors. Theres 3 floor supervisors...one guy was really nice and helpful, the other guy not so much and the female floor supervisor came too work dressed like a H*****. Its beyond me how anyone would come into a professional environment dressed like that. Long fake hair, fake eye lashes, fake eye color, very heavy makeup, short short I mean SHORT dresses and skirts, very tight fitting across her top and bottom. She would come to work like she was dressed too go to a club instead of work. Upper management never said a word. Unreal. My one co-worker who was so cool and had high sales got hit on by her. When he declined her advances she made his life a living nightmare which resulted in his dismissal. When she thought he liked me she put me back in training even though I didnt need it, but doing that took – more... away my commission and kept me away from the guy she liked. Very high turnover there. There was alot of good people there too work with and they're all gone now. They all got fired either from making on error because they werent trained properly, or god forbid they got sick. They do all their hiring through employment agencies and my agency couldnt figure out why they had such high turnover until I told them why. As long as you dont get sick, EVER, know the job perfectly (which you wont) can deal with horrible management that makes passes at you and degrades you, can handle working through lunch the bulk of the time,dont mind working weekends twice a month (Saturday AND Sunday) Basically working in a sweat shop then this jobs for you! Worst company I ever worked for, worst job I ever had. – less
great leadership
Supervisor/Sales Representative (Current Employee), Dodge City, ALFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: i have great hours
Cons: no employee discounts
The management and leadership is strong. I have learned a lot from my GM. I like working with the public and serving customers. The hardest part of my job is when I get an angry customer that I cannot please.
okay place for young people to work
Waitress/Cashier (Former Employee), Carnesville, GADecember 30, 2014
Pros: working with people of all kinds
Cons: not enough pay
okay environment , management not so nice, not many helpful people working here. Always having to wait on things from management.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Jacksonville,FLDecember 11, 2014
Petro/Dailys gas station was a busy enviorment in the st.johns towncenter I I was a basic cashregister employee, my favorite part was always having something to do, but I did not like that I had to work the night shift from 10pm-6am
petro
Diesel Technician (Former Employee), Jackson, MSDecember 8, 2014
petro is a good place to start off. I learned some things at petro that i never learned.. Had some good co-workers..
A definite working experience
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee), Bordentown, NJNovember 17, 2014
Pros: unlimited beverages if we provided our own cups
Cons: barely any lunch breaks, had to clock out to eat, but still work if someone came in, constant shifts, not allowed to go home at scheduled time.
Working for Petro is an experience to say the least. The location is open 24/7/365 due to being a truck stop. Although understandable, it makes balancing your personal life with job life very hard. There are times where if you start with an 8-4 shift, and the next scheduled person calls out, you are told to stay until midnight. Also, in the worst case that the night time person calls out and/or doesn't show up, you are required to work another 8 hours. They do try to call in other people, but sometimes it is not an option. After working for 24 hours straight, they expect you to stay for your next scheduled shift. If it snows, they expect you to drive in and work, even during state of emergency. They show little to no sympathy for employees, have a high turnaround rate, and absolutely no room for advancement. The closest you can get is to be into the manager in training program, which they let you go so far and stop all together. Also, as an inventory manager, I was required to perform an entire inventory twice a year, and if the counts were off, was not allowed to go home at my scheduled time. I had to stay and find out where the missing items were, and not allowed to go home until I found them. Don't get me wrong, everybody has different experiences, I just didn't feel treated fairly.
CSR LIES
CSR (Former Employee), ProvidenceNovember 11, 2014
Pros: health benefits, long lunch during summer hours
Cons: no breaks when busy, working ot even on sunday
I worked as csr we are told to tell people that sign up for ceiling plan the price will go down as price does the customer isn't aware the margin / variable is high so it never goes down below ceiling or just by pennies !
its a job
Line Cook (Current Employee), Waterloo, NYOctober 21, 2014
not much team work,favoritism. its a workplace not a career place for me. i dont feel appreciated. co workers are nice
If you're comfortable with a lack of upward mobility...
Do not wish to disclose (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: catered lunches once a week, business casual dress.
Cons: horrible healthcare, low salaries, very little opportunity for advancement.
Coworkers are fantastic, but there is a lot of tension since so many are unhappy about salaries and benefits. The overall day-to-day environment is fairly relaxed, although most members of management are extremely conservative. A lot of work for very little money. Hardest part of the job is working extremely hard and not feeling noticed or appreciated. The most enjoyable part of the job is being challenged, to an extent. Great environment for males looking to advance. Women do not hold high positions with this company and most likely never will. Several long-term employees who stay simply because they do not feel like starting over.
THIS WAS A GOOD PLACE TO WORK
CASHIER (Former Employee), KINGSTON SPRINGS TNSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: nice people, good hours
Cons: moody truck drivers
I CASHIERED AT THE FUEL DESK, I RUN TRIP PACKS, LOADED COMDATA CARDS AND ANSWERED PHONES
Fast paced job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), North Little Rock, ARSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: the job
Typical day at work is to provide customer service to a bunch of irate truck drivers
Great place!
Assistent Manager (Former Employee), MexicoAugust 22, 2014
Pros: fee lunch
My job was to assist costumers and receive there phone calls with questions and things they did not understand, talking to them slowly and explaining them what we offered in complete order, made them happy and easy to understand.
Fun fast passe challanging
Supervisor (Former Employee), Kingman, AZJuly 8, 2014
Pros: always made sure you got brakes and protected women especially
Cons: truckers can be real hands on and it can be very uncomfortable
I use to love going to work here because i would Just always be so on my feet and Never had a dull moment my co workers were great my management was great the work was hard but worth it.
Great Hours
Cook (Former Employee), Topeka, KSJune 24, 2014
Pros: free fountain drinks 50% of food cooked in the store
Cons: 15 minute lunch breaks
I would go to work cook and make sure the warmer was filled. When kitchen closed I would clean the kitchen.
Great atmoshpere along with employees as well as great benefits.
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Beaumont, TXJune 13, 2014
Pros: graet benifits
Cons: long breaks
Starting up by racking tables as well as cleaning of facility at 6:00 AM along with cleaning of dishwasher. Next loading and unloading of dishes and glassware and maybe unload of shipment of fresh produce. Co-worker of mine was very pleasant all ways willing to cater to any employees need of help. The most enjoyable part of the day is closing up knowing that everything is order and complete.
good
Food Prep (Former Employee), Columbus, NJJune 5, 2014
good place to work developed close relationships with co workers

1 2 3