Petro Employee Reviews

work was interesting
cashier (Current Employee), gary indianaJuly 15, 2015
Pros: free meals work together as a team and always had someone to talk to about any issues
Cons: not enough hours it varied from part time and full time hours
work was always unpredictable it could be slow one min then get busy out of nowhere but for the most part things stayed the same you would still have to treat each day like a normal day like always keep area clean make sure everything is always stocked always sweep and mop at the end of the shift greet guest on a regular basis things like that. management have its pros and cons like any other job to me my coworkers was always mice to me and i was t them as well we all got along and worked together and helped each other out the hardest part was dealing with rude guests from time to time and the most enjoyable part was connecting with the guest and getting to know alot of them because most was regulars and putting a smile on they face.
Easy money
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee), Plainview, NYJuly 9, 2015
You can work as many hours as you would like during the winter season however during the summer you are completely disposable.
What I liked about Petro Services (Daily's Shell)
CSR/Cashier (Former Employee), Saint Augustine, FLJune 9, 2015
Pros: It's a job that you can make sure that your going to get enough hours on your pay check each week.
Cons: The pay could be a little better.
Daily's is a good company to work for. If you like meeting such a variety of people. Whether it be customers or people that you work with. It's never boring.
A typical day is coming in to your cash register, starting immediately on customers. When given the chance, you keep things clean & tidy.
You go outside to help people with issues at the gas pumps or the car wash. Afterwords, back at the register to assist more customers.
You check to see if there is a gas price change on the computer, from the home office. If it needs to be changed outside at the sign & at the pumps (process is completed at the register).
At a certain set time, the chores are completed before the next shift starts. It can get a little difficult with the customers coming in if busy.
The best part for me is seeing the regular customers come in day after day and you get to know them as friends or aquantences.
Good Company
Diesel Mechanic (Current Employee), North Little RockMay 15, 2015
This is a good company to work for, I work hard from the time I arrive until the time I leave. The hardest part of the job is going out on a service call in the pouring down rain.
Field Managers Suck
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 21, 2015
Pros: Was a job
Cons: Management
Loved the job, despite never having a life. Went to Vegas for training only to be terminated due to a minor customer complaint a few months later. The Field managers have very little appreciation for those underneath them.
abuse of part time employees
Cashier (Former Employee), Kingman, AZApril 9, 2015
rude manager
everything is always your fault
they dont know much English
will fire you after 3 months when they cant abuse the tax glitch for over working part time employees
Petro
Fuel Attendant (Former Employee), Sparks NVMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Made a good amount of money
Cons: Distance for the amount of money making.
Fuel operations, Operations of the truck scales and their pumps. Customer service and operations of the register. Cleaning when nothing else to do.
Horrible don't apply
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Hillsboro, TXMarch 19, 2015
The work hours are low. The pay isn't worth the hassle. The management is not understanding about anything and they let the "Power" go to their heads.
a good job
CUSTOMER SERVICE & FACILITY MAINTENANCE (Former Employee), Oak Grove, MOMarch 11, 2015
I liked this job the best because I got to meet different people and I loved the enviroment that I worked in and I mopped floors and cleaned showers.
Cashier (Current Employee), Mebane, NCMarch 6, 2015
Pros: you receive gas discounts if you pay cash and get discounts off of merchandise as well
Cons: part time
This is a friendly atmosphere and a great place to work. They make sure to properly train their employees as well. The managers are great to work for as long as you are there to do your job.
Poor Management
Inside sales rep (Former Employee), South Plainfield NJFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
Very poor management, poor training. I was in sales..the training last for about 3-4 weeks even though they tell you its only 2 weeks. You get $10 an hour on a 6 hour day with an unpaid lunch. During the training you learn the software programs, there is so much to learn and they dont cover nearly all of it. The management team is great during training. You will come to like them alot but once your out on the sales floor its like 2 different people. The gloves come off, their not nice anymore and they pin you against your co-workers for sales. Makes the whole environment very uncomfortable. When its busy and the phones are blowing up they push you to speed up the call and enter the information in the computer later so you can take the next call which leaves a large margin for errors. Theres 3 floor supervisors...one guy was really nice and helpful, the other guy not so much and the female floor supervisor came too work dressed like a H*****. Its beyond me how anyone would come into a professional environment dressed like that. Long fake hair, fake eye lashes, fake eye color, very heavy makeup, short short I mean SHORT dresses and skirts, very tight fitting across her top and bottom. She would come to work like she was dressed too go to a club instead of work. Upper management never said a word. Unreal. My one co-worker who was so cool and had high sales got hit on by her. When he declined her advances she made his life a living nightmare which resulted in his dismissal. When she thought he liked me she put me back in training even though I didnt need it, but doing that took – more... away my commission and kept me away from the guy she liked. Very high turnover there. There was alot of good people there too work with and they're all gone now. They all got fired either from making on error because they werent trained properly, or god forbid they got sick. They do all their hiring through employment agencies and my agency couldnt figure out why they had such high turnover until I told them why. As long as you dont get sick, EVER, know the job perfectly (which you wont) can deal with horrible management that makes passes at you and degrades you, can handle working through lunch the bulk of the time,dont mind working weekends twice a month (Saturday AND Sunday) Basically working in a sweat shop then this jobs for you! Worst company I ever worked for, worst job I ever had. – less
great leadership
Supervisor/Sales Representative (Current Employee), Dodge City, ALFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: i have great hours
Cons: no employee discounts
The management and leadership is strong. I have learned a lot from my GM. I like working with the public and serving customers. The hardest part of my job is when I get an angry customer that I cannot please.
okay place for young people to work
Waitress/Cashier (Former Employee), Carnesville, GADecember 30, 2014
Pros: working with people of all kinds
Cons: not enough pay
okay environment , management not so nice, not many helpful people working here. Always having to wait on things from management.
Petro
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Jacksonville,FLDecember 11, 2014
Petro/Dailys gas station was a busy enviorment in the st.johns towncenter I I was a basic cashregister employee, my favorite part was always having something to do, but I did not like that I had to work the night shift from 10pm-6am
petro
Diesel Technician (Former Employee), Jackson, MSDecember 8, 2014
petro is a good place to start off. I learned some things at petro that i never learned.. Had some good co-workers..
A definite working experience
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee), Bordentown, NJNovember 17, 2014
Pros: unlimited beverages if we provided our own cups
Cons: barely any lunch breaks, had to clock out to eat, but still work if someone came in, constant shifts, not allowed to go home at scheduled time.
Working for Petro is an experience to say the least. The location is open 24/7/365 due to being a truck stop. Although understandable, it makes balancing your personal life with job life very hard. There are times where if you start with an 8-4 shift, and the next scheduled person calls out, you are told to stay until midnight. Also, in the worst case that the night time person calls out and/or doesn't show up, you are required to work another 8 hours. They do try to call in other people, but sometimes it is not an option. After working for 24 hours straight, they expect you to stay for your next scheduled shift. If it snows, they expect you to drive in and work, even during state of emergency. They show little to no sympathy for employees, have a high turnaround rate, and absolutely no room for advancement. The closest you can get is to be into the manager in training program, which they let you go so far and stop all together. Also, as an inventory manager, I was required to perform an entire inventory twice a year, and if the counts were off, was not allowed to go home at my scheduled time. I had to stay and find out where the missing items were, and not allowed to go home until I found them. Don't get me wrong, everybody has different experiences, I just didn't feel treated fairly.
CSR LIES
CSR (Former Employee), ProvidenceNovember 11, 2014
Pros: health benefits, long lunch during summer hours
Cons: no breaks when busy, working ot even on sunday
I worked as csr we are told to tell people that sign up for ceiling plan the price will go down as price does the customer isn't aware the margin / variable is high so it never goes down below ceiling or just by pennies !
its a job
Line Cook (Current Employee), Waterloo, NYOctober 21, 2014
not much team work,favoritism. its a workplace not a career place for me. i dont feel appreciated. co workers are nice
If you're comfortable with a lack of upward mobility...
Do not wish to disclose (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: catered lunches once a week, business casual dress.
Cons: horrible healthcare, low salaries, very little opportunity for advancement.
Coworkers are fantastic, but there is a lot of tension since so many are unhappy about salaries and benefits. The overall day-to-day environment is fairly relaxed, although most members of management are extremely conservative. A lot of work for very little money. Hardest part of the job is working extremely hard and not feeling noticed or appreciated. The most enjoyable part of the job is being challenged, to an extent. Great environment for males looking to advance. Women do not hold high positions with this company and most likely never will. Several long-term employees who stay simply because they do not feel like starting over.
THIS WAS A GOOD PLACE TO WORK
CASHIER (Former Employee), KINGSTON SPRINGS TNSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: nice people, good hours
Cons: moody truck drivers
I CASHIERED AT THE FUEL DESK, I RUN TRIP PACKS, LOADED COMDATA CARDS AND ANSWERED PHONES