Job Title: Delivery Driver
Reports To: Operations Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Summary: Responsible for transporting deliveries in accordance with company guidelines and DOT regulations by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Transports deliveries according to manifest in a safe, responsible manner and in accordance with company procedures and applicable DOT regulations.*
2. Operates company vehicle in a professional, safe and courteous manner.*
3. Follows the daily delivery schedule or coordinates the most efficient deliveries by applying knowledge of customer schedules, peak delivery times and alternate routes.*
4. Applies knowledge and abilities to safely load and unload deliveries according to size of load and content description.*
5. Processes shipment documents neatly and efficiently for each shipment, and manages discrepancy documentation.*
6. Obtains and maintains proper delivery authorization and pickup documentation, including CODs and submits in a timely manner.*
7. Provides good customer service and maintains a professional manner and appearance to enhance the company's image.*
8. Performs daily pre-trip and post-trip inspections, corrective and preventative maintenance and documents on the driver’s truck inspection sheets.*
9. Maintains a daily, legible DOT log book and submits as required.*
10. Assures orders and documentation received by designated customer are accurate.*
11. Ensures delivery of appropriate merchandise in accordance with customer invoices.*
12. Monitors customer inventory levels of bulk products and makes recommendations for restock.*
13. Ensures customer messages/communications are relayed to appropriate management.*
14. Monitors the safety and compliance of customer bulk storage facilities and communicates any corrective action recommendations to the manager immediately.*
15. Provides basic maintenance for vehicle such as maintaining vehicle in a neat manner and performing minor repairs.*
16. Maintains company gas credit cards, and valid/current proof of insurance and registration in vehicle.*
17. Performs oil pump and meter conversions at customer locations.*
18. Participates and assists in the completion of various service calls.*
19. Reports all accidents/damage/malfunctions to management and completes appropriate documentation in a timely fashion.*
20. Maintains valid drivers license, endorsements and DOT physical card and submits copies of renewals to the manager in a timely fashion.*
21. Performs other related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to complete routine reports, forms and correspondence. Ability to present information to customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have general computer knowledge.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one year related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates and Licenses:
- Valid driver's license - CDL – Class B
- Medical Card
- Hazmat Certification
- Tanker Endorsement
- Forklift Certification
- TWIC Card may be required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to work while using hands; gripping fingers and hands. The employee is frequently required to sit; walk or stand; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear; and bend at waist. The employee is occasionally required to climb unassisted up to 4 feet while carrying up to 40 pounds; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is frequently required to lift and/or move up to 65 pounds unassisted; pull up to 200 pounds; and move up to 550 pounds with appropriate moving and safety equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles; and outdoor weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); vibration and work in high places.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.