Experienced only apply. Please apply via email or in person. No Phone Calls Please.
Reports To: Distribution Coordinator
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Summary: Responsible for acting as liaison between drivers and management and effectively dispatching deliveries by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Prepares a daily delivery schedule utilizing the electronic routing system and ensures efficient deliveries by applying knowledge of customer schedules, peak delivery times and alternate routes.*
2. Applies knowledge of service area(s) to dispatch sufficient coverage and applies knowledge of delivery vehicle operation capacity to ensure delivery schedules are met.*
3. Applies knowledge of customer deliveries and driver credentials in order to assign the appropriate driver and vehicle.*
4. Monitors the daily delivery orders and allocates inventory to customers in a manner that best meets company and customer needs.*
5. Reviews the vehicle GPS tracking system and documents route deviations from the schedules routes established by the electronic routing system on a daily basis.*
6. Resolves delivery problems that require immediate attention.*
7. Performs other related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel; Routing Software, and GPS tracking systems.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates and Licenses:
Valid driver's license
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
- Oral communication skills
- Written communication skills
- Reading skills
- Customer service
- Telephone etiquette
- Math aptitude
- Problem solving
- Detail oriented
- Project management
- Time management
- Computer literacy
- Keyboard skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.