Petrobras Employee Reviews in United States

Pai_nm_2016
Senior Reservoir Geophysicist (GoM) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 1, 2016
A high level company oriented to Oil exploration, production and drilling in Deep-water GoM.
Very good communication with employees and listening from technical groups.
Very high trained co-workers with a deep team orientation.
The most enjoyable part of my job was the possibility to contribute with the reservoir characterization through seismic attribute techniques and have a non-restricted communication with geologists and engineers.
Pros
Continous communication
Cons
Sometimes slowness on actions for long waiting time fom matrix company in Brazil
like a lost ship in a rough sea...no sense of direction
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 12, 2016
Petrobras needs to get its act together, or it'll be a history in a few months.

Fav. quote at the general meetings: "...Show me the money..." while not providing any assurance of tomorrow.
Pros
People, Atmosphere, Compensation
Cons
Lack of leadrship and job security
Not what it used to be
Unidentified (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 30, 2016
It used to be a great place to work with learning opportunities and positive atmosphere. Now atmosphere is grim because of the oil industry slump, but also over-reaction to events in Brazil. Internal processes are over-complicated, timelines to complete work are unreasonable, but the little guy is always to blame, even when management is powerless to help.
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
Work load, atmosphere, transparency and communication from top management
Consultant
Management Support to Executive Manager (Former Employee) –  Brazil, INMarch 17, 2016
Contributing to planning and implementing Client Satisfaction Research, following up on the results obtained by the units from their clients and corresponding Corrective Action plans ;
− Assisting the Engineering and Corporate units to improve their relationship with their clients, assessing satisfaction rates using methodologies specific for each unit and drawing up reports with the findings.
− Standardizing and implementing agreements guiding the relationship between Petrobras Engineering and Business units;
− Periodically supporting the executive Board and engineering managers with consolidated information obtained through Engineering client satisfaction assessments.
supervision
Full Maintenance Mechanical Technician (Current Employee) –  BrazilMarch 9, 2016
supervise maintenance enforcement teams in the area of welding, behavioral conduct audits , drafting contracts , assistance in maintenance planning.
Excellent
Human Resources Analyst - Psychologist (Former Employee) –  San Lorenzo, ArgentinaFebruary 26, 2016
Amazing company to develop professional skills. Feel part of the team all the time. Management is great!!!
Co-workers were supportive.
Petrobras has a fantastic technitians
Client Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Fields, INOctober 30, 2015
During my professional life I contributed to the growth of petrobras. I started in the company when I was 22 years old and along my career l have aggregated value in several offshore projects. I am one of the creators of the dicas (differenciated compliance anchoring system). I'm proud of the network that I've built in and out of petrobras.
Pros
I WAS ABLE TO CREATE.
Cons
THE GOVERNMENT IS THE MAJORITY OWNER OF PETROBRAS
Excellent Company to work for
Logistics Coordinator Manager (Current Employee) –  10350 Richmond Ave Houston Texas 77042September 20, 2015
It's an Excellent company to work for, great environment, good people that go the extra mile to assist you the best they know how.
Pros
Sociable and Professional
Typical work day
Strategic Supply Planner / Inventory Control (Former Employee) –  Houston,TXSeptember 15, 2015
Very open enviroment and flexiable hours. Work load can be heavy at times, but managable. Managers never micro-managed, yet let you work independently. Oil and gas is a great field when gas is oming however, be prepared for set backs when gas prices fall.
Technical Services supporting Operations
Project Planner and Cost Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 7, 2015
Technical Services would gather with Managers and Engineers to discuss what we would need to be productive. Each person was given time to express what they thought. This showed employees we were valued.
Pros
Christmas Bonus
Cons
Laid Off
Great Culture
Project Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 9, 2015
Petrobras is professionally run company with a very family and people oriented culture. This makes it promising as a career and also comfortable as a lifestyle.
Workplace funning
Consultor de Analista de Sistemas - Sênior (Former Employee) –  Río, CBJuly 17, 2014
Working with a well-updated, fun, group of analysts have a good Amiente work, it motivates us to work hard, I'm working in the team of information security, handling incident.
Pros
free lanch, near home.
Cons
n/a
i like work as are team no gosping
AS A DRIVER (Former Employee) –  mtwara and daresalaamJune 29, 2014
i have so many training frome petrobrass i know many thing and big experience and full HSE
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short brake and health care
Not at this time
Sr. Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 23, 2014
Enjoyed the different cultures of the co-workers. Miss a lot of the ones I became friends with.
Pay was good, benefits were excellent.
Pros
benefits 100% paid
Great benefits
Buyer I - International Operations (Current Employee) –  Houston TexasFebruary 8, 2014
The company has a great benefit package. Not a lot of room for growth, and the work atmosphere is friendly.
Pros
centrally located
Good Company
Network Administrator/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 25, 2013
It a comany that have many benefits that not too many offers
It is a comany that take care of their people for personal issues but not advancements or pay increase

Over all is a good comany to work for