Petrofac

Petrofac Employer Reviews

Petrofac is a great place to call home.
Consultant (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 3, 2014
Pros: learning experience
Cons: distance
When I get in to work, everyone is very nice and heplful.
Ive learned the businedd side of the oilfield industry which has no limitations.
Management is great within petrofac, they listen to you and stay true to their word.
My co-workers are humble and great team players.
The hardest part is crossing a path unknown, how to address it and its prescribed – more... conditions.
The most enjoyable part is the satisfaction I recieve from the clients. – less
Stable company
Project delivery manager- mechanical (Current Employee), United Arab EmiratesDecember 11, 2013
Working day is 9 hours where we come at 8:00 in the morning, the activities depends on where we are some times in site and some time in vendors fab shops or in our office in sharjah
It was wonder full company and we learn more advanced technical knowledge
Safety Officer (Current Employee), kuwaitOctober 4, 2013
 To implement Organization HSE policy and HSE Plan.
 Ensuring project operations are carried out with “ZERO” Lost Work Case record and property damage.
 Identifying and assessment of potential hazards by adopting Risk assessment techniques and establishing control measures.

 Maintaining and updating Rig evacuation plans, procedures and measures,
 – more... Inspect Fire Fighting equipments and verification of validity, Arrange for refilling and maintenance if needed.
 Execution/Reviewing/monitoring of required HSE inspection for rigs and camps reporting findings to the Rig manager,
 Inspect the job location and monitor critical activities for safety compliance.
 To check appropriate PPE’s are used for the location of the work to maintain a Safe and Accident free Practice. – less
Piping Engineer (Former Employee), Manchester, ENGDecember 5, 2014
Pros: a good working environment
A good place to work, management professional, co workers friendly and professional, job not difficult, job enjoyable.
Good Introduction to Oil & Gas Industry
QA/QC Technical Clerk (Current Employee), Laggan Tormore SGP ProjectNovember 7, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: poor job security
A typical ay at work would start at 08:00am and would involve doing different jobs for all members of the QA/QC team. I leaned a lot about welding, NDT and electrical. The people I work with came from different backgrounds and countries, making it an interesting and diverse place to work.
cold
Plater/Fabrication (Current Employee), shetlandOctober 5, 2014
Pros: free digs and food
Cons: 3 weeks on 1 week off
the project that I'm on is not run very well
people are friendly
Not a nice nice culture to work in. Cleaky.
Project Engineer (Former Employee), Quattro House aBERDEENOctober 1, 2014
Pros: nil
Cons: nil
It would not matter how much you produced and completed by 4.30pm, there was something there 5 minutes later, just cleared desk from last lot, and here's more at 4.35pm and I finish at 5.00pm. Comment from line manager. You can have half an hour reviewing that so you get a good start in the morning. Aye right.
I did learn new company electronic management – more... systems which were useful, but yet more short cut methods of creating work packs, which I feel is a dangerous practice.
Temporary employee. Co-workers not interested. I was never asked to Friday breakfast in the 7 weeks that I was there.
The hard part is learning new processes of producing information on the run.
The most enjoyable part, was managing to get up to speed with the new processes of producing information.
Gripe of the week.
Why can we not identify and agree an acceptable North Sea standard format for the preparation of work packs.
All companies would use the same documents. All companies would have the same compliance restrictions documented in similar format. Pricing structure for the preparation of work packs and their content requirement could may be rationalised
Companies could interchange documents through IT management control methods, but all share the same information – less
Sodexo Secure/Prestige
Security Officer - Secure/Prestige (Former Employee), ShetlandsSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: free accom, free meals and laundrey facilities.
Cons: travel
Job was mostly access and egress security on board floating accommodation. Generating different reports at start of and during the shift. Helping the facilities side of things out when necessary. Criminal investigation providing photo's if needed. Foot patrols on and off the accommodation. Keeping an eye on the on board bar. Helping residents with their – more... enquiries as much as possible. – less
Petrofac is more a financial company that a E&P Company
HSSE Manager (Former Employee), Villahermosa, TABSeptember 21, 2014
I have the opportunity to work in Mexico, meet people from Pemex learned about the HSE principles standards and procedures that we need to know to understand to work in Mexico with Pemex and the federal authorities and made that the oil companies have a place for big opportunities.
very good exp. in life
Commissioning Operator (Current Employee), TURKMENISTAN NE, RUSSIAAugust 27, 2014
Pros: lunch very good
Cons: 12hars duty
petrofac internation ltd very good company
food very good
safety very good am very good lurnning
Good salary
FEED adaptation coordinator (Current Employee), Sharjah, SHJuly 23, 2014
• Review of design/drawings performed by Petrofac/Contractors to be in line with local norms.
• Preparation of technical basis and participation in dedicated meetings with Turkmenistan State authorities and Client for resolving of Non-Conformances in engineering/construction activities, developing corrective measures for the same if required.
• Coordination – more... of Turkmenistan Local design Contractors and accompany of Contractor’s design package till State Expertize approval and implementation stage.
• Preparation of technical not-commercial sections of the tender package.
• Preparation of un-priced and priced evaluation models.
• Performing technical and commercial evaluations and required negotiations of tenders received.
• Assistance to Petrofac Engineers for any queries related to Turkmenistan Local norms and standards. – less
Excellent company to work for.
Deck Crew (Current Employee), The ThistleJuly 9, 2014
Pros: wifi in each cabin!!!
Cons: non
Whilst on The Thistle, I enjoyed working on this platform. Good STL's in charge on working day. Deck crew can't be faulted, excellent HSE work procedures.
worst
- (Current Employee), Aberdeen, SCTJuly 7, 2014
Honestly, not a nice company - fed up of the way that they treat staff and drop them like there nothing. Do not appreciatge the work that gets done.
Review of Petrofac
Summer Student Placement (Former Employee), AberdeenJune 24, 2014
Pros: open environment to learning new things
Cons: job opportunities
Working at Petrofac was excellent.

Every morning was usually a cheerful environment to step into, staff are always welcoming and co-operated very well in a team.The customers were often understanding and polite,across the board a sound company to work for.

Typical day at work usually consisted of opening boxes, putting stock onto shelf's and building – more... PC's.Answering calls and going to customers desks to fix a problem that they have.

Hardest part of the job was keeping the calls queue down,as a lot of the time calls would come flying in from all angles so it was important to keep on top of things by delegating calls to fellow co-workers.My colleagues were supportive and could see i was determined and provided me with good advice without giving away an answer.

Most enjoyable part of my job was gaining more experience and learning new things. I learned more knowledge with new systems and more about working within an ITIL environment. – less
Busy and interesting environment
Emergency Response Services Supervisor (Current Employee), AberdeenJune 8, 2014
I work in a very busy and demanding environment with multiple clients, with extremely high expectations of service delivery.

I have direct line responsibility for 15 staff working shift work, appraisals, development, competence and project delivery.

My role is varied, interesting and has provided me with great exposure to quality, environmental and – more... business continuity standars. I am a point of contact for multiple major oil and gas companies, liaising with seniour management and coordinating training dates, investigating and resolving client complaints and implementing client procedures for new / change of contracts. – less
jam sport
Electrical maintenance engineer (Current Employee), Iraq , off shoreJune 5, 2014
Pros: free lunch, dinner breakfast and all drinks and sweet
Cons: two times tea short break
check all equipment in healthy , daily maintenance and reporting to maintenance manager
me and my co-workers always share the information and discuss to solve any problem
Good company to work for
Lead Technical Buyer (Current Employee), Procurement and MaterialsMay 22, 2014
Pros: good salary
Cons: long hours
Good company to work for, long hours but good rewards.
I have learned alot and been put through some good training.
productive and pleasure environment
Principal Designer Pipeline (Current Employee), sharjah, uaeApril 12, 2014
manage CAD deparment activities and deliverables
liaise with client regarding drafting requirement
manage designer and draughtmen activities and job distribution
hardest in job when discrepancies occur in design report and site condition
to liaise with many parties like client, contractor, subcon etc.
enjoy job need new2 challenges
Scaffolding Supervisor (Current Employee), Aberdeen, SCTApril 11, 2014
Pros: dont travel far for work
Cons: shetlands
hard and wet must days,
always listen,
alright
good lads.
weather
job completed
I am having 23 Years overall maintenance experiences .
Facilities Maintenance Team LeaderTeam Leader (Current Employee), Basra, IraqMarch 29, 2014
In oil &gas field iam having 13 Years sound knowledge and experiences in maintenance activities.

1 2 3

About Petrofac

Petrofac is an international provider of facilities solutions to the oil & gas production and processing industries. – More from ZoomInfo »