GIS Manager needed for growing firm (Denver, 80204)
The GIS Manager is a leadership position within the PFS Field Operations Team. This position is responsible for the daily operations and deliverables of the GIS Department; along with the supervision and productivity of a team of GIS Analysts and Technicians. The GIS Manager requires the ability to lead and develop a team to meet the GIS mapping, data management, and GIS system technical requirements to meet the demands of both internal and external clients in the energy industry. This position also manages, develops and implements long and short-term strategic plans, goals, and objectives for the GIS operation; evaluates current/future GIS requirements; develops work approaches and projects work output; and researches and creates GIS revenue streams to create additional value and opportunity for PFS.
This position is located at our headquarters in Denver, Colorado.
- Manages client and internal GIS requests; creating, documenting, and implementing GIS processes; manages PFS GIS databases; and researches new GIS revenue streams.
- Ensures deliverables meet client and agency (governmental) regulations.
- Will need to have a working understanding of the governmental regulatory regulations within the oil and gas industry as it relates to permitting requirements.
- Coordinates daily work activities; organizes, prioritizes, and assigns work; monitors status of work in progress and inspects completed work; consults with assigned staff, assists with complex/problem situations, and provides technical expertise.
- Serves as a technical resource to the entire company and advises other departments of GIS capabilities and benefits.
- Ensures data integrity, data accuracy, and efficient flow of data to and from the department.
- Ensures Cartographic Technicians and GIS Analysts use proper procedure during projects, works to overcome technical issues within the GIS department/research and make recommendations for new GIS technology, processes, & products.
- Oversees design of internal databases, client databases, and aids in the design of new geospatial databases.
- Manages, develops, and maintains Petroleum Asset Manager (PAM) websites.
- Creates technical documents outlining procedures and process in the GIS department, and helps technicians and analysts understand and implement procedures.
- Utilizes GIS systems for analysis of GIS to data to assist other departments or clients.
- Maintains effective working relationships with all employees and the public.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Manages direct support staff: GIS Production Lead, GIS Technical Lead.
- BA/BS degree from an accredited College or University in Geography, Planning, Natural Resources, Engineering, or related field.
- Any similar combination of education and experience.
- Experience in the oil and gas (upstream) and a pipeline (midstream) sector of the energy industry is a plus.
Employer paid medical benefits, 401k after 6 months, 6 paid holidays.
Must be able to pass Drug, Background and Motor Vehicle check.
Please submit your resume and cover letter with salary history and salary requirements to p e tro-fs.com (all together); Click on "About Us", and then PFS Careers. Please put GIS Manager for the position title.
- Location: Denver, 80204
- Compensation: Depending on experience
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- Please, no phone calls about this job!
- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
Indeed - 14 months ago
PFS starts and finishes every project with Excellence. It’s a concept that is the driving force in everything we do: the people we...