Store Manager (SM) Job Category: Retail Operations Field
Travel Required: Yes
Exempt Position Type: Full Time
Supervisor: Distract Development Manager
Supervises: Assistant Manager/Sales Associate/ Store
Scope and Benefits:
1. Looking for solid individuals with leadership skills, integrity, organizational skills and commitment to work.
2. Benefits include partially funded medical coverage, dental coverage, short and long term disability insurance. Recognized holidays, two weeks of vacation after the first year served, three weeks at the five year mark and four at the ten year mark. Competitive salary and promotion opportunities based on performance and availability.
3. Huge growth potential with increased responsibility limited only to hard work, capability, and objectives.
Responsible for safe and legal management of all facets of business unit operation to positively contribute to sales volumes, margins, profits, return on investment and image goals.
This is a 24/7 business industry, Managers are in full responsibility of the store. Count and deposit money on Saturdays and Sundays as required. On site whenever needed to run the store. Available by company issued cellular phone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for emergency and informational requirements. May be required to transition and relocate to manage sites based on the needs of the organization. Acquire tasks that may require attention regardless of job specificity.
1. Interviews and select candidates for retail positions. Screens, Interviews, selects, and ensure training, including benefits of all employees.
2. Assures training in all areas of operation.
3. Counsels, disciplines as necessary and dismisses retail outlet personnel within approved employee policy guidelines. Effectively leads and manages the entire employee group.
4. Assures fast, friendly, convenient and courteous customer service.
5. Trains, implements marketing programs and policies. Provides timely performance reviews, motivation, recognition, discipline and wage administration.
6. Assures proper handling of cash, checks, credit cards, coupons, lottery, western union, and all merchandises.
7. Assures adequate inventory, price controls and implementation of approved motor fuels pricing direction.
8. Assures entire location maintenance and appearance continually meet image standards and expectations. Required to clean the site and perform basic maintenance daily. This is a very physical job that requires lifting, moving, walking and standing daily.
9. Assures regular checks and proper maintenance of security system where applicable. Recommends enhancements.
10. Assures effective merchandising through display, pricing promotion and service. Makes timely and accurate merchandise price markdowns within policy guidelines and authority delegations. Recommends merchandising strategies.
11. Any other requirement that the District Manager and needs of the business require.
1. Sales volume, margin and profit goals.
2. Controlling cash, merchandise, company assets.
3. Achieving and maintaining service and image standards.
1. MUST have at least 3 years of Convenience store and Fuel experience with proven track record.
2. High School diploma. Associates Degree preferred or an equivalent combination of education and successful retail management experience.
3. Must have reliable transportation
4. Must reside close to the site location (40 min commute and max)
5. Available for training. Knowledge or can learn business related software.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.