Petsense

Petsense Employer Reviews

Fun place to work!!
Lead Key (Former Employee), Laurel, MSAugust 11, 2014
I loved working for petsense ! The atmosphere was great and loved seeing the animals everyday. Management and the company itself were awesome to it's employees.
A very Calm workplace. A solid work crew with great management
Associate (Current Employee), Orangeburg, SCMay 2, 2014
a typical day at work is when i get to work five minutes early. I clock in go straight to the back of the store to the warehouse and try to stock any products that we would need on the shelves... dog food was my main focus at times i would lift 50lb bags for over 2 hours .I also interacted with customers on a daily basis. I learned to love animals and – more... obviously i've gotten stronger. The hardest part of the day would be explaining company products, most enjoyable part would be the apprecition from the customers. – less
Best place I have ever worked.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Dayton, TNApril 8, 2014
Pros: fun environment, friendly co-workers & management
Cons: dental insurance
The management was friendly and understanding. They worked as a team with the co-workers. A typical day at work you would learn about the products (because there was always a new one coming out), adopting out pets to new homes, dealing with customers who normally loved their pets and spoiled them. I learned about products and animals and management – more... skills. Unfortunately, Petsense went out of business in my area due to high building rent and the economy within in my town. – less
Great place to work with an awesome team
Manager on Duty (Former Employee), Sulphur Springs, TXFebruary 23, 2014
Pros: fun environment, great management
Cons: had some slow/boring days(sundays)
This is still by far my most favorite place I've ever worked. My manager was awesome, my job was pretty easy, I promoted very quickly, and I had a good paycheck, especially for a high schooler that had only been working there a few months. I only left this job because I was going to college out of town. The hardest part of the job was dealing with unhappy – more... customers which 1)were few and far between and 2) I don't find that a difficult task so it didn't really phase me. My manager was such an enjoyable person that was quick to say thank you and tell you what a good job you were doing but would also demand respect (which was easy to give to him) and let you know what needed to be improved. A typical day for me included cashiering and greeting/assisting customers with products such as answering questions or helping them find what they were looking for. Keeping the shelves stocked and closing the store in the evenings. – less
loved meeting new people and their pets
operations mentor/manager (Former Employee), Commerce, GAJanuary 11, 2014
Pros: animals and people
Cons: getting bitten
sold pet supplies and grooming services. people would bring in all kinds of pets. enjoyed all of it.
Most enjoyable place to work. Stress free
Manager / Project Manager (Current Employee), Rome / Hinesville GADecember 21, 2013
Pros: discounts on purchases
Cons: health care costs
Everyday is a joy to come to work. I have the opportunity to learn things about my team and what makes them tick. With every job their are things that are difficult and things that are a pleasure to do. The most difficult area to overcome here is yourself and what you think you can't accomplish. With typical retail you have orders to make and freight – more... to put away. Schedules to write and drama to fix. So the biggest challenge is how you want to set yourself up. Are you the obstacle in the way or the success of the day? We are what we need to be at the moment. Happy or sad, we get to choose the attitude of our moment. Every moment with Petsense for me is success. – less
Productive yet fun work environment.
Shift Manager (Current Employee), Cottonwood, AZDecember 18, 2013
Pros: work with some amazing people
Cons: short shifts, i like to work long hours
Great coming into work everyday and get to talk to all the different customers you meet during the day. Always on task and ahead of the game when it comes to chores. Hardest part of my job sometimes is finding the right balance between being a team leader then a team follower. Want to have a great balance when it comes to a stress free environment.
Awesome atmosphere, very inviting, wonderful team
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Albany, GAApril 23, 2013
Pros: reps visit often and so do dms/corporate
Cons: benefits
Very organized team, working towards growing a bond with the community and helping save homeless pets. Corporate is just amazing and they care about every employee as an individual, you're not just a number. They deliver a world class customer service experience and make sure the customer is happy.
Awsome place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mineral Wells, TXApril 23, 2013
I loved this place my first job had a great experience with it. I got learn to become a demo rep took classes on it, we did a lot of events for animals trying to get them adopted. I got to go out of town to set up a booth for the store to promote business. Learned a lot about animals.
Work with customers and their pets
KEYHOLDER/ SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Castle Rock, COApril 15, 2013
Most of the day is spent recovering the store by stocking product, front facing and basic cleaning. It's typically not a busy store but we also help customers find products that fit their needs and make sure they are happy in the store.
Wonderful Place to Work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Woodburn, ORJanuary 10, 2013
I had a great experience with this company. My co-workers were wonderful, benefits were great, and it was a pleasure working with this company.
Decent place to work for young people.
Store Associate (Former Employee), Hobbs, NMNovember 13, 2012
Pros: easy job.
Cons: short hours.
Must always have products where they go and faced to the front. Greet customers and offer your help. Co-workers were fine, management was fine. The hardest part of the job was lifting big bags of dog food and setting up displays. The most enjoyable is when people bring in their pets.
Excellent work habit.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Ontario, ORSeptember 18, 2012
A typical day includes putting away freight, cleaning, and customer interaction. My manager and co-workers work really hard to keep the store nice and presentable to our customers.