PetSmart Employee Reviews

Found 3,996 reviews matching the search
It was fine.
PetsHotel Associate (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CAJune 23, 2017
I didn't enjoy it, the job was very suspicious. We did not make a form of payment for 3 weeks and I didn't get any of my pay until after I left. I didn't get paid the whole month I worked there.
Unreliable schedule, disorganized management, semi-enjoyable atmosphere.
Stocker (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, SCJune 23, 2017
On a regular basis, I am working non-stop from clock-in till clock-out. My schedule usually changes frequently throughout the week making it difficult to manage time outside of work. I've been working (slowly but surely) on being cross trained to take on other roles. Most of our managers are relatively new, so things don't seem to run nearly as smoothly as they should. One of the newer managers hasn't let up on giving me a hard time making what could be an enjoyable job, a burden. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I get to take on multiple tasks, assist customers, and work as a team player.
Pros
Hard work
Cons
Disorganization, Drug use
Good job
Stocker/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAJune 23, 2017
Working at PetSmart was a good job when I first started working. Its a good place to get work experience. Not a lot of opportunities for advancement with this company.
Pros
Good work experience
Cons
Not enough hours
Would not recommmend.
Pet Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJune 22, 2017
Petsmart does not take care of their animals so if you care about any of the animals in their care, you will be stressed and heartbroken, and ignored when you try to talk to management about them. Many animals get sick and die. Would not recommend working at this company.
Pros
Pay seems fair
Cons
Everything else
fun workplace and good staff
Early Morning Stocker (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 22, 2017
one thing that kept me at petsmart for so long was the caring and easy to work with staff. I never really had any issues while working at petsmart and the staff there was great.
PetSmart
Grant Administrator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 21, 2017
Overall a good organization to work for. Promotes within, leadership provides direction with constructive criticism to help you grow. Work life balance is good as well as work load.
Great place to work!
Professional Dog Groomer (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSJune 21, 2017
Obviously the demands of a dog groomer can get pretty stressful, but company provided excellent management and fabulous benefits packages. I highly recommend.
Pros
Benefits, store parties, Puppies!!!
Cons
Retail hours
DOG Lovers
Dog Bather (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJune 21, 2017
I typically answered phones and set scheduling up for clients. You do have to do quite a bit of up-selling in person and over the phone. I would bathe and blow dry pets according to the package purchased sometimes dogs would have specified grooming instructions. There is clipping and filing of toe nails which can be harder for some dogs than others so you got to be confident and know how to handle animals in all sizes and behaviors. There is some cleaning involved and animal waste pick up. Then you might do some light hair trims around the but and feet areas. You will have to squeeze glands periodically. It is not a pleasant smell or comfortable for the animal but it is necessary. I loved some of my return pups and seeing them often. It is fast paced when busy.
Pros
you can be selected for grooming school, more money to be made in grooming, Tips
Cons
the smell of wet dog on you at the end of the day, pressure sales, fast paced
fun place to work, friendly co-workers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJune 21, 2017
I enjoyed working at PetSmart, they were great unfortunately I needed more hours and wanted to experience something different and had to take care of my sick mother and father.
Exciting work environment, Amazing opportunities
Pet Stylist (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 21, 2017
Very busy days, Learned proper grooming techniques and pet anatomy, management is extremely understand and helps a lot, depending on the store you're at the culture can get very overwhelming, time management in a busy salon, the coworkers i get to see often
Benefits
Cons
Coworker Attitudes
Friendly workplace, Helpful teammembers.
Bather/Brusher (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJune 21, 2017
I learned how to bath dogs, clip nails, brush and detangle dogs coats. Keeping workspace clean at all times. Taking care of dogs in a professional manner and being safe.
Pros
A great environment to be in.
Cons
No cons.
It is retail
PetsHotel Associate (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYJune 20, 2017
This is like any retail job, they will work with you however the compensation combined with the opportunity for advancement are minimal and hardly forth it
Interesting and Challenging
Dog Trainer (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 20, 2017
Great job because i got to create my schedule. I enjoyed the pets and pet parents. Thanks to commission I was able to make some really great money. I was able to design and expand the training curriculum in order to meet the needs of the pet parents.
Pros
Interesting work
Cons
Excessive drive and no way to transfer closer to home.
Super fun place to work.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CA 92705June 20, 2017
Best job I've had.
Great managers and associates.
Great work environment, awesome customers that come in regularly, amazing services and amazing team work.
Great people, poor leadership
SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 20, 2017
Great compensation, but you will be expected to work hard for it... more than 40 hours. You'll change direction many times because leadership lacks vision and direction.
Pros
Bring your dog to work
Fun, fast paced, & stressful.
Pet Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAJune 20, 2017
Working as a pet care associate is wonderful if you love people & animals, but it's very stressful. Especially if you work in a store that is chronically understaffed. You basically run the entire store by yourself or with one other person, two if you're lucky. If you open the store you also have a deadline that is unmanageable with one or two people, especially on shipment days. So fun, you get to be around animals, and educate people about them (so be knowledgeable or be willing to learn!), but very chaotic at times. But I had amazing managers. 7/10 would work here again.
Pros
Fun, Discount, Good Managers
Cons
Stressful, Overworking, Tiring, Chaotic
Balance enviroment to work
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Wylie, TXJune 19, 2017
Working mornings are the best because you don't find traffic on your way to work. Also fewer people working too so more space to move things around to clean.
Pros
mornings
Cons
no health coverage
Pet Care Associate (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 19, 2017
Working at Petsmart was absolute garbage. 2 out of 4 of the managers were verbally abusive. Pay was extremely low. Hours were constantly changing. And the customers were often dense and extremely rude. Never going back.
Cons
Great place to work with animals
Pet Bather (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAJune 19, 2017
Loved working around so many pets and nice people. Management isn't quite there but it's a good place to work if you have that passion for animals and helping.
Pros
The animals
Fulfilling and productive workplace
Pet Care Leader (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJune 19, 2017
If you love animals it's a great place to work, I've seen how they treat their animals at Petsmart and can say that it is a very quality company that will go above and beyond for the health of their pets.
Pros
Puppies and Kittens
Cons
Very low wages

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PetSmart. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval